Politics

Colorado To Kill Some Mountain Lions and Bears

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
chaski On about 17 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#1New Post! Dec 16, 2016 @ 02:14:40
Note: This is probably a "news" story, but I'm putting under "Politics" so we can be rude to each other.

Colorado To Kill Some Mountain Lions, Bears To Boost Mule Deer Numbers

"The Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission has approved a plan to kill some mountain lions and black bears.

It's part of a plan the commission hopes will decrease the number of predators to help boost the state's mule deer population.

Under the plan, state wildlife crews will capture and kill up to 15 mountain lions and 25 black bears each year in the Piceance Basin of northwest Colorado, beginning in the spring of 2017."

Side note: The largest predator of Mule Deer in Colorado, in terms of numbers, are Homo Sapiens.

I'm wondering how many Homo Sapiens will be killed to protect the Mule Deer population.

LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#2New Post! Dec 16, 2016 @ 03:28:55
None.

People aren't really that valuable. At this point we're really more like weeds or pollution. We're so focused on quantity and more and bigger and growth and competition etc, that we can't seem to figure out how to take care of what we have and to maintain it.

The earth is a closed system. We don't act like it. We treat it like an all you can eat or crap on buffet.
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#3New Post! Dec 16, 2016 @ 03:39:55
Damn P.C. hippies.

People > animals

People's needs > animals needs

People's desires > animals desires

Sentient life > non sentient life.

However...

My cat's life > your lives
Magically Delicious

#4New Post! Dec 16, 2016 @ 03:42:48
@adrinachrome Said

Damn P.C. hippies.

People > animals

People's needs > animals needs

People's desires > animals desires

However...

My cat's life > your lives

So you're saying that you won't eat your cat, but you will eat people?

Soylent Green for you!
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#5New Post! Dec 16, 2016 @ 03:47:43
@LuckyCharms Said

So you're saying that you won't eat your cat, but you will eat people?

Soylent Green for you!

In a world where only me, some other dude, and my cat live, well a man's gotta eat.
Magically Delicious

#6New Post! Dec 16, 2016 @ 04:37:02
@adrinachrome Said

In a world where only me, some other dude, and my cat live, well a man's gotta eat.

Learn to ferment... that way you can marinate.

The secret's in the sauce.

twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Dec 16, 2016 @ 04:51:14
I am not that familiar of mule deer that used them for tourists to travel up and down the grand canyons.

people need to kill off mountain lions and bears, I can't see the mule deer shoot them with shotguns on their own. can image a deer using a shotgun in their mouth?

it is pretty normal for humans to protect innocent mule deer that are pretty much defendless against bears and mountain lions.

humans go to Colorado in the mountain to hunt for mountain lions and bears. humans goes to Colorado to hike and climb mountains, not eaten by lions and bears.

also, I heard the mountain lions and bears are complaining to Colorado park rangers that humans that are killed and eating these days are taste too salty.

the animal doctors that watched over the mountain loins and bears, are asking the rangers to ask the tourists not eat so much salty food, before the animals eat them on the mountains.

I think is this a big problem, they have in Colorado.

the big news in Colorado, that news are not even cover there. are the overpopulation of beavers.

this big story why doesn't the beavers give a damn about anything there?

after I went up there as a reporter talking to these lazy beavers. why they don't care about the humans get killing mountain loins and bears.

I didn't brother writing any articles on these lazy beavers, why you ask?

frankly, my dear, I don't give damn!
chaski On about 17 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#8New Post! Dec 16, 2016 @ 05:36:47
@adrinachrome Said

Except by definition "sentient life" is killing "sentient life".

Killing "non sentient life" is like killing plants...and one could even argue that they are "sentient".
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#9New Post! Dec 16, 2016 @ 14:52:28
@adrinachrome Said

A Boy and His Dog (cat)

NE, Ohio
#10New Post! Dec 16, 2016 @ 14:54:00
@LuckyCharms Said

None.

People aren't really that valuable. At this point we're really more like weeds or pollution. We're so focused on quantity and more and bigger and growth and competition etc, that we can't seem to figure out how to take care of what we have and to maintain it.

The earth is a closed system. We don't act like it. We treat it like an all you can eat or crap on buffet.

People are more valuable than bears or lions.
Bears and lions don't pay for hunting licenses.

NE, Ohio
#11New Post! Dec 16, 2016 @ 14:55:32
@chaski Said

Note: This is probably a "news" story, but I'm putting under "Politics" so we can be rude to each other.

Colorado To Kill Some Mountain Lions, Bears To Boost Mule Deer Numbers

"The Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission has approved a plan to kill some mountain lions and black bears.

It's part of a plan the commission hopes will decrease the number of predators to help boost the state's mule deer population.

Under the plan, state wildlife crews will capture and kill up to 15 mountain lions and 25 black bears each year in the Piceance Basin of northwest Colorado, beginning in the spring of 2017."

Side note: The largest predator of Mule Deer in Colorado, in terms of numbers, are Homo Sapiens.

I'm wondering how many Homo Sapiens will be killed to protect the Mule Deer population.

They need to ship the lions and bears to Ohio.

We have too many deer here.

There is an occasional deer cull that gets the bleeding hearts all up in arms.
Magically Delicious

#12New Post! Dec 17, 2016 @ 13:59:48
@chaski Said

Except by definition "sentient life" is killing "sentient life".

Killing "non sentient life" is like killing plants...and one could even argue that they are "sentient".

Kinda hard to breathe without trees too.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs