News & Current Events

Closing the Border

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#1New Post! Mar 30, 2019 @ 03:57:13
So does this mean if I try to cross into Mexico next week, I will be arrested? Are we now in Gilead?

Also, what happens when a US citizen tries to return?

And what happens to the $612 billion dollar commerce industry that transverses back and forth through our southern border every day in addition to the 192 million legal crossings by individuals?
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#2New Post! Mar 30, 2019 @ 04:08:30
I think it means trump is pulling s*** out of his a** hoping to distract people.

I may be giving him too much credit though because closing the border on a whim, is so phenomenally stupid it can’t be real.

San Diego, California
#3New Post! Mar 30, 2019 @ 04:12:54
@DiscordTiger Said

I think it means trump is pulling s*** out of his a** hoping to distract people.

I may be giving him too much credit though because closing the border on a whim, is so phenomenally stupid it can’t be real.

I wouldn’t put it past him. Just like the Comey firing, climate treaty pullout, trade war, government shutdown, emergency declaration, and Obamacare dismantling, no matter how much his revolving door of advisors try and stall him from making rash decisions, eventually he will do it anyways.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! Mar 30, 2019 @ 04:51:25
@Leon Said

So does this mean if I try to cross into Mexico next week, I will be arrested? Are we now in Gilead?

Also, what happens when a US citizen tries to return?

And what happens to the $612 billion dollar commerce industry that transverses back and forth through our southern border every day in addition to the 192 million legal crossings by individuals?

If he really does close the border, you would not be allowed back in via the border ports of entry. You would have to fly home.

But, Trump gave himself an out: He said he would close the border or major portions of it, which translates to he might do nothing... or close one port of entry for a media cycle... then move on to the next distraction... like another summit with Kim... or another pep rally where he tells his base that he tried, but was blocked by the lawless liberal Dems who have already started bussing in illegal aliens to vote against him in 2020 in an effort to destroy America.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#5New Post! Mar 30, 2019 @ 13:46:42
Wait ... I thought Borders already closed - even before Blockbuster...

Video killed the radio star
Internet killed the brick and mortar store

San Diego, California
#6New Post! Apr 01, 2019 @ 14:50:37
Well I guess Trump wants to sabotage his own re-election chances by destroying the one thing going for him in creating an economic crisis.

That’s of course assuming he has any intelligence at all or listens to his advisors anymore. It could be he is clueless about how closing the border will create immediate price hikes, factory shutdowns, and layoffs.

And of course his farmer base will be the first to take such blows. But at least Hillary is not their President, thanks to an awesomely historical defeat!
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#7New Post! Apr 01, 2019 @ 15:16:54
Trump is just s***-talking to his based, which really doesn't care what he does... they just like the sound-bites.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#8New Post! Apr 05, 2019 @ 14:29:22
Trump has decided to put the border closing and healthcare on the back burner until after he is reelected in 2020 .

the border

healthcare

How great would it be if Trump and his sorry outfit is sitting back in New York after the election ?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#9New Post! Apr 05, 2019 @ 15:15:41
@white_swan53 Said

Trump has decided to put the border closing and healthcare on the back burner until after he is reelected in 2020 .

the border

healthcare

How great would it be if Trump and his sorry outfit is sitting back in New York after the election ?

I remember during his campaign he would always have The Best Plans "In about two weeks" - healthcare, border, ME war, trade policies ....

But in "two weeks" there was another shiny object or two that Trump or his ilk would throw out for the media to chase.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#10New Post! Apr 05, 2019 @ 16:11:25
because he is a con man, they always say whatever is in the works and hope they are long gone before they have to deliver.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#11New Post! Apr 05, 2019 @ 16:13:19
I guess for now, trucking companies are gonna have to do pack what they can into 4x4s and just gun it through the empty gaps in the walls to get their goods across. Hopefully nothing carbonated.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#12New Post! Apr 05, 2019 @ 16:16:18
yeah dude do you know how hard it is to get mexican coke on this side of the border? That stuff is so good, and the coca cola company wont sell it....but the amount of s***ty mexican beer they bring across...
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#13New Post! Apr 05, 2019 @ 16:19:42
@DiscordTiger Said

yeah dude do you know how hard it is to get mexican coke on this side of the border? That stuff is so good, and the coca cola company wont sell it....but the amount of s***ty mexican beer they bring across...

I live in the south of British Columbia, so sadly I've never tried Mexican coke before.

I've heard stories before, though. It doesn't have corn syrup/glucose-fructose does it?
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#14New Post! Apr 05, 2019 @ 16:56:07
@DiscordTiger Said

I love Mexican beer
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#15New Post! Apr 05, 2019 @ 17:06:58
@Eaglebauer Said

I love Mexican beer

tbh, I think all beer is s***ty. I mostly just like their coke.

I can't have either now, so its probably a moot point.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs