Closing Ceremony

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...7 8 9 · >>
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#16New Post! Aug 12, 2012 @ 23:53:32
@Jennifer1984 Said

Please don't tell me Pete Townshend suffered a wardrobe malfunction.

Haha, no, he just stuck to his guitar for showmanship, like he always did.
Octavarium On December 23, 2021

Pacific North West,
#17New Post! Aug 12, 2012 @ 23:56:48
Didn't even know it was happening. It's coming on here in 5 min.'s though so guess I'll check it out. Got nothing better to do anyway...,
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Aug 13, 2012 @ 00:11:04
@Leon Said

Am I correct in that Blur and the Gallagher brothers performed as well? If so, how were they?

There was a brief rendition of Parklife, and Beady Eye, fronted by Liam Gallagher performed Wonderwall. Both numbers went down pretty well with the audience.

ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Aug 13, 2012 @ 00:15:03
@Leon Said

Am I correct in that Blur and the Gallagher brothers performed as well? If so, how were they?

The Gallagher brothers don't perform together! Liam performed Wonderwall with his new band, it was ok, I prefer Noel singing though.

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Aug 13, 2012 @ 00:16:25
Someone will have to tell us if they edit/bleep out the 's***' in Eric Idle's performance. A couple of people I know who were watching online were quite shocked that we allowed swearing

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Aug 13, 2012 @ 00:21:56
@Jennifer1984 Said

OK... well.... London has done its thing. Let's see how Glasgow does with the Commonwealth Games, eh..?

Loved the Spice Girls. They've all put on a little weight (except for Victoria Beckham) but that's to be expected. Loved them, loved them, loved them.

To be honest, the Commonwealth Games are a completely different kettle of fish. We had them here a few years back, and there was a brilliant atmosphere and done quite a bit for sport in the area...but it isn't the Olympics and it never will be.

I think Mel C has lost a bit of weight since the split actually, and Geri's weight has fluctuated wildly, but she is rather skinny again right now. None of them can be considered fat though, so I don't understand why you would even bring it up to be honest. Just sounds a bit catty.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#22New Post! Aug 13, 2012 @ 00:25:06
@ninozara Said

The Gallagher brothers don't perform together! Liam performed Wonderwall with his new band, it was ok, I prefer Noel singing though.

Oh okay lol. I guess it was just a rumor they were reuniting for it.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#23New Post! Aug 13, 2012 @ 00:28:59
Is it my imagination, or did the Olympic translator just introduce "Prince Henry of Wales" ?
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Aug 13, 2012 @ 00:31:33
@ninozara Said

To be honest, the Commonwealth Games are a completely different kettle of fish. We had them here a few years back, and there was a brilliant atmosphere and done quite a bit for sport in the area...but it isn't the Olympics and it never will be.

I think Mel C has lost a bit of weight since the split actually, and Geri's weight has fluctuated wildly, but she is rather skinny again right now. None of them can be considered fat though, so I don't understand why you would even bring it up to be honest. Just sounds a bit catty.

I don't dispute that the atmosphere will probably be tremendous, but we were talking about the ceremonies, not the crowd participation.

I'm sure Glasgow will, indeed, put on fine opening / closing ceremonies for the CG's and everybody will have a great time. I wouldn't dream of knocking it.

As for the Spice Girls' waistlines; It's a girl thing. Best leave it there.

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#25New Post! Aug 13, 2012 @ 00:33:13
@Leon Said

Oh okay lol. I guess it was just a rumor they were reuniting for it.

It would have been epic. Especially if it had turned into a brawl. I would have laughed.

@boxerdc Said

Is it my imagination, or did the Olympic translator just introduce "Prince Henry of Wales" ?

It was probably HRH Prince Harry of Wales, though could have been Henry, that is his actual name.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#26New Post! Aug 13, 2012 @ 00:36:50
@ninozara Said

It was probably HRH Prince Harry of Wales, though could have been Henry, that is his actual name.

Thanks.. I never knew his actual name was Henry.
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#27New Post! Aug 13, 2012 @ 00:37:20
@ninozara Said

No, the announcer did call him Prince Henry of Wales. He did this because that is his name and title and that is how he should be addressed when present in an official capacity (such as representing the Queen).

Protocol, protocol.... can't mooooooove for the protocol..!!

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#28New Post! Aug 13, 2012 @ 00:43:32
@Jennifer1984 Said

As for the Spice Girls' waistlines; It's a girl thing. Best leave it there.

Yet myself, and many other women I know were able to watch it and enjoy it without feeling the need to comment on their weight, or even thinking about it.

Though I suppose there are women out there who are unable to watch other women without finding something to make disparaging remarks about.

Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#29New Post! Aug 13, 2012 @ 00:59:21
@ninozara Said

Yet myself, and many other women I know were able to watch it and enjoy it without feeling the need to comment on their weight, or even thinking about it.

Though I suppose there are women out there who are unable to watch other women without finding something to make disparaging remarks about.

And plenty of men to take issue with it for whatever petty reason.

Trying to start a fight over a flippant, throwaway comment which should really mean nothing at all to you..?

Flaming for the sake of it..? Trying to stir up trouble out of nothing at all..?

DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#30New Post! Aug 13, 2012 @ 01:04:57
@ninozara Said

Someone will have to tell us if they edit/bleep out the 's***' in Eric Idle's performance. A couple of people I know who were watching online were quite shocked that we allowed swearing

I have BBC station and nothing said shocks me anymore. I had to goggle words because I was too afraid to use them before I knew what they meant.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs