Society & Lifestyles

Circumcision

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
XCLR8 On October 20, 2009

Melbourne, Australia
#1New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 01:30:23
I was born non circumcised. My girlfriend that I am with as you might rememeber is muslim, and I am orthodox/cristian.
My g/f is dead set on when or if we have kids would like for the boy to be done.
She says its not because of religiouse but more to do with hygiene.
I am very strongly against it. My argument is that I dont want my boy looking any diffrent to me.
Sometimes we have fights that last up to 2 days.

Anyway what I am asking is everyones opinion on the subject of circumcision and weather you would go for it or not?

solevil On February 09, 2014

The Dark Side, Louisiana
#2New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 01:34:06
Nah.

And we have another member in TDS
Golum1970 On August 21, 2010

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 01:35:20
nope
hygene?
its justy sonmthing they like to thro at you
ask if they would like a female one

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 01:37:11
oh btw i think you find we all born un circumsizeed lol
not just you
Unbarbie On April 02, 2011

Kitimat, Canada
#5New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 01:37:11
There are some very interesting points brought up in the last few pages of this thread: POF Thread

I/We never had my boys done, and their father was.

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 01:44:02
it still stands female circums
nope why?
dont be quick to judge me
vekta On November 18, 2013

#7New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 01:48:15
@Golum1970 Said

nope
hygene?
its justy sonmthing they like to thro at you
ask if they would like a female one

It's not really the same. Female circumcision isn't just the removal of the hymen it's a tad more involved than that.

At birth all male circumcision consist of is removal of the foreskin, which, as you might already know is simply a piece of skin.

It would be more hygienic not to have it but I have never heard of it making such a significant difference that it's more of an advantage to have it done rather than not.

The only upside I can think of to being circumcised is sexual endurance due to the fact that one might be less sensitive. Even that is subjective at best speculative at worse.
evababy1 On July 29, 2010
Speechless

lodi, New Jersey
#8New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 01:48:34
I would definitely get my son circumcised. Jeff isn't and he disagrees with me, but I told him we definitely are. To be honest, I don't care what he says anymore. It's better for the guy.
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#9New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 01:52:46
@XCLR8 Said

I was born non circumcised. My girlfriend that I am with as you might rememeber is muslim, and I am orthodox/cristian.
My g/f is dead set on when or if we have kids would like for the boy to be done.
She says its not because of religiouse but more to do with hygiene.
I am very strongly against it. My argument is that I dont want my boy looking any diffrent to me.
Sometimes we have fights that last up to 2 days.

Anyway what I am asking is everyones opinion on the subject of circumcision and weather you would go for it or not?

If I had babies that were boys I would also make sure they were circumcised. I agree with your girlfriend - it is not harmful to the baby if the baby is healthy and of course, if analgesia is used at the time. I believe it is beneficial for reasons of hygiene & also for conformity for the boys. These days most guys are circumcised and my concern would be that my sons would look different from all other guys their age - espec in the eyes of females.

There are some large randomised trials that have been done about whether circumcised males have less cases of UTI's, STD's and even penile cancer. The research is worth looking into. Some clinical trials show a benefit, some do not.

There are some countries whose medical associations have said that they don't recommend circumcision unless there is a religious or medical reason to do so.

The majority of men who are circumcised worldwide are muslim so I can understand your girlfriends view. Whilst she may not see a religious purprose for it, it certainly would be the norm for her.
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#10New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 01:56:50
@Golum1970 Said

it still stands female circums
nope why?
dont be quick to judge me

Two totally different procedures. For the female it has no health benefit at all - quite the opposite actually. I'm not sure why you would think the 2 were comparable.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 09:10:16
There is no reason to be circumcised unless the prepuce is particularly tight causing balanitis.
fitzyp On December 23, 2014

Auckland, New Zealand
#14New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 09:36:04
@sunandsurf13 Said

I believe it is beneficial for reasons of hygiene & also for conformity for the boys. These days most guys are circumcised and my concern would be that my sons would look different from all other guys their age - espec in the eyes of females.

Despite the fact that conformity is a horrible reason to do something, I also found it a somewhat unexpected statement that it was common place as I believed it was becoming less and less common in western countries.

And as usual when I looked it up I found I was right.

sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#15New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 10:13:34
A totally unnecessary procedure, and one which is slowly declining as people realise just now medieval it is.

The foreskin is not just a piece of skin, it is a natural defensive thing put there by nature, or God if you like. It contains a very high number of nerve endings, it contains glands which release substances helping the end, and it protects the glans from thickening and desensitising, making sexual encounters a lot more sensitive than someone who has had this removed.

I've read a lot of rubbish on forums, usually from women, saying how men who aren't "usually have to have it done anyway eventually" (WTF ) and how it's "hygenic" (Well it might be if he is a dirty sod who never washes under it), and how it "looks better" (Looks no different when erect). These same women you can bet would have a fit if men told them they should have something altered because they would then "look better"

Just like many women on here say men have no right to decide on abortion laws, circumsision is none of their damned business. It's up to men only what is done to their bodies (Sound familiar from the abortion threads?)

To the OP, have it done if it would keep her happy, it sounds like something deeply entrenched in her beliefs. The kid probably won't care when older. Relationships are full of compromises, and it's something one of you will have to back down on
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs