The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

Christmas time is family time, what is this trash I'm hearing?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#61New Post! Dec 20, 2010 @ 13:26:08
@plebian_angel Said

How do you treat it? Here it can vary depending on your family. Like my family (aunt and 2 cousins) come up to my mom's and spend the night. we start festivities then.
Before my g'ma died, it was just my mom and I on Christmas Eve. But it's been more fun with the extended family coming.
Some people don't do anything.
I dont' see my family as do gooders LOL. Just that it's the one time of year we can all get together.

Here, Christmas eve isn't really considered important.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#62New Post! Dec 20, 2010 @ 13:47:56
Well I think Christmas is fantastic and little things like what you're friends and family are doing, what work you have to do etc don't make a difference. You make Christmas good and I think you have to just do it.

All these Christmas spoilsports are talking about how bad it is and how it's not special, well it is and can be if you want it to be. Wear a santa hat and reindeer jumper and watch a christmas movie every evening. Sounds stupid but it's what makes Christmas time seem cool to me.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#63New Post! Dec 20, 2010 @ 13:50:33
@jmo Said

Well I think Christmas is fantastic and little things like what you're friends and family are doing, what work you have to do etc don't make a difference. You make Christmas good and I think you have to just do it.

All these Christmas spoilsports are talking about how bad it is and how it's not special, well it is and can be if you want it to be. Wear a santa hat and reindeer jumper and watch a christmas movie every evening. Sounds stupid but it's what makes Christmas time seem cool to me.

I so agree
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#64New Post! Dec 20, 2010 @ 15:06:48
One year my friends parents left town when she was still a teenager for christmas and because she wanted to work and not go where they were going, she decided to go to one of the shelters and help feed the homeless. To this day she says that it was one of the best Christmas she's ever had. She's done it now either on Thanksgiving or Christmas every year.

If it were me, yea, I'd be pissed at my family, but I'd find something to do that could help someone without a family. Do some good. That's what this time of year is all about. Pay it forward and try to think of the good things in life and help bring cheer and merriment to others.
sarky On March 11, 2011

london, United Kingdom
#65New Post! Dec 20, 2010 @ 15:09:38
@hallucinogenic_lipstick Said

Christmas eve here is just generally a day to finish the last of the s***, maybe thats just me though, I don't remember doing anything special christmas eve with family or friends, it was just another day.

Christmas day is the day we spend together and I do enjoy that but only for a certain amount of time before people start getting on my nerves lol!

That does depend on the family.
On Christmas Eve my family have a special meal, followed by mince pies and mulled wine.
We also go to a carol service and prepare food for the next day.
sarky On March 11, 2011

london, United Kingdom
#66New Post! Dec 20, 2010 @ 15:15:26
@jmo Said

I agree with you.
It can be as good as you make it to be. Its a time to let your hair down, for families to forget their grievances and have good food and fun...even if just for a day.
Memories are also created that can last a lifetime, especially when some of those family members are no longer here.
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#67New Post! Dec 20, 2010 @ 16:37:51
She FINALLY talked to me about it. (Geez, it was like pulling teeth..)

She said at least she will be home by 5 or 6.
My dad is a different story. She can't make him do anything he doesn't want to.

She figured she just wanted to go shopping and come home instead of going out with my dad. *wonders why shopping will take that long on xmas eve?*

Problem solved, then.
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#68New Post! Dec 20, 2010 @ 16:39:16
@Kristy69 Said

She FINALLY talked to me about it. (Geez, it was like pulling teeth..)

She said at least she will be home by 5 or 6.
My dad is a different story. She can't make him do anything he doesn't want to.

She figured she just wanted to go shopping and come home instead of going out with my dad. *wonders why shopping will take that long on xmas eve?*

Problem solved, then.

I'm glad you get to spend it with your mom
Carly's Mommy

#69New Post! Dec 20, 2010 @ 16:40:02
@Honey_bee Said

This thread shows how immature and dependant you are. No wonder you cant hold down a guy. When you grow up and become an adult you will soon realise how hard grown ups work all year round and how much they deserve a night off from their whinging clingy teen. Grow up ffs

FYI, I break up with them.
Carly's Mommy

#70New Post! Dec 20, 2010 @ 16:41:21
@plebian_angel Said

I'm glad you get to spend it with your mom

All she needed to do was talk to me. I was more than willing to compromise. I didn't care if they went out, I just wanted them to spend the last part of the ngiht with me.
I didn't even have a chance to b**** at her because everytime I brought up, "Hey, maybe we can do ____"

She'd be like; "I'm NOT talking about this."

It's like "Wow, okay then.."
Claws are out before the conversation actually starts.
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#71New Post! Dec 20, 2010 @ 16:42:26
@Kristy69 Said

All she needed to do was talk to me.
I didn't even have a chance to b**** at her because everytiem I brought up, "Hey, maybe we can do ____"

She'd be like; "I'm NOT talking about this."

It's like "Wow, okay then.."
Claws are out before the conversation actually starts.

Maybe she was having a bad day?
Carly's Mommy

#72New Post! Dec 20, 2010 @ 16:44:44
@plebian_angel Said

Maybe she was having a bad day?

Maybe. But it was twice. So I was convinced she had already made up her mind.

Then I came down this morning pissed and she asked why and she's like:
"What's wrong? You can't NOT tell me because I'll worry all day"

So I told her that I was bumming about spending the night alone and she was like; "Well, I wasn't probably going to go with your dad. I'll be here. Don't worry."
Carly's Mommy

#73New Post! Dec 20, 2010 @ 16:48:22
@Silver_Lining Said

Here, Christmas eve isn't really considered important.

In our families, xmas eve is for very immediate family (parents and kids).

Because we're driving all over Maryland on Christmas day, the day before is just spend with my parents relaxing.
It's hard to do that Christmas day when your parents' 15 siblings and their zllion kids runing about.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs