The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

Christmas time is family time, what is this trash I'm hearing?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#31New Post! Dec 19, 2010 @ 21:36:29
@sarky Said

Why cant you go out with them then?

Oh yeah.
Being around a bunch of 40 year olds drinking.
Nothing says Merry Christmas like watch my dad drink and become a jerk..

I'm sorry, but I don't see why they can't spend the holidays with their daughter. Or at least compromise with me, like they go during the day and chill with me at night.
I'm gonna be way upset if I have to go to bed by myself Christmas Eve.

I'll be damned if I ever leave my children alone at Christmas time.
Carly's Mommy

#32New Post! Dec 19, 2010 @ 21:37:28
Life is SHORT.
I'd rather spend it with my family.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#33New Post! Dec 19, 2010 @ 21:43:38
@Kristy69 Said

Oh yeah.
Nothing says Merry Christmas like watch my dad drink and become a jerk.

That's usually my Christmas
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#34New Post! Dec 19, 2010 @ 21:56:55
You could be the one to compromise, and spend the day with them before they go out?

I sort of get while you're upset, though agree with your Mum that Christmas Day is the family day, Boxing Day is extended family...but I don't find anything particularly important about Christmas Eve, I usually see friends too.

You can't really expect them to be at your beck and call if they've arranged something...
Carly's Mommy

#35New Post! Dec 19, 2010 @ 22:19:16
@ninozara Said

You could be the one to compromise, and spend the day with them before they go out?

I sort of get while you're upset, though agree with your Mum that Christmas Day is the family day, Boxing Day is extended family...but I don't find anything particularly important about Christmas Eve, I usually see friends too.

You can't really expect them to be at your beck and call if they've arranged something...

I don't want to go to bed in an empty house Christmas Eve.
That's increidbly sad.

And they could have discussed it with me before they made plans.

London, United Kingdom
#36New Post! Dec 19, 2010 @ 22:26:15
It's hardly sad to be on your own on Christmas Eve. Think about those whose parents work on Christmas eve and those who work evenings. Just because it's not something you would do doesn't mean it's sad, that's just how some people live.

But yeah your parents should have really discussed it with you before making plans.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#37New Post! Dec 19, 2010 @ 22:27:51
Christmas eve has never meant that much to be tbh.

As I got older it was just another excuse to go to the pub
x_Laura_x On March 13, 2023

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#38New Post! Dec 19, 2010 @ 22:30:39
@Kristy69 Said

I don't want to go to bed in an empty house Christmas Eve.
That's increidbly sad.

Why is it? Sorry I just really don't understand
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#39New Post! Dec 19, 2010 @ 22:35:51
@Kristy69 Said

Oh yeah.
Nothing says Merry Christmas like watch my dad drink and become a jerk..

That's why you drink and join in!
sarky On March 11, 2011

london, United Kingdom
#40New Post! Dec 19, 2010 @ 22:40:16
@x_Laura_x Said

She is used to spending Christmas Eve with her parents, cooking, preparing and spending quality time together and generally getting in the xmas spirit.
Obviously if she cant persuade them to change their plans, things wont be the same this year.
But that could mean simply that she,s grown up now and her parents dont feel the need to stay in on Xmas eve now.
Changes happen, its part of growing up. Much as we would like the same things to happen year after year, it dosent always work out like that.
On Christmas morning the parents will be there though, so i cant really see what all the commotion is about!
Maybe she could use the time to wrap up some suprises for her parents, watch a film or do some cooking herself!

London, United Kingdom
#41New Post! Dec 19, 2010 @ 22:42:17
@sarky Said

She is used to spending Christmas Eve with her parents, cooking, preparing and spending quality time together and generally getting in the xmas spirit.
Obviously if she cant persuade them to change their plans, things wont be the same this year.
But that could mean simply that she,s grown up now and her parents dont feel the need to stay in on Xmas eve now.
Changes happen, its part of growing up. Much as we would like the same things to happen year after year, it dosent always work out like that.
On Christmas morning the parents will be there though, so i cant really see what all the commotion is about!
Maybe she could use the time to wrap up some suprises for her parents, watch a film or do some cooking herself!

I completely agree.
Carly's Mommy

#42New Post! Dec 19, 2010 @ 22:48:20
@sarky Said

But why would I want to do that by myself on Christmas?
I do that 364 days a year, excuse me for thinking one day a year they could hang out with me.
Carly's Mommy

#43New Post! Dec 19, 2010 @ 22:48:39
@jmo Said

That's why you drink and join in!

My dad would not let me do that..
Carly's Mommy

#44New Post! Dec 19, 2010 @ 22:49:38
@x_Laura_x Said

Because I want my parents there, it's the holidays. I go to bed alone the rest of the time, I just want them there ONE night a year and they can't do that.
Carly's Mommy

#45New Post! Dec 19, 2010 @ 22:52:42
@sister_of_mercy Said

It's hardly sad to be on your own on Christmas Eve. Think about those whose parents work on Christmas eve and those who work evenings. Just because it's not something you would do doesn't mean it's sad, that's just how some people live.

But yeah your parents should have really discussed it with you before making plans.

If my mom had to work, that's different. She HAS to do that.
But they chose to do this.
They chose spending time with my dad's friend over me. And that's the God's honest truth.
They're shopping all day and going out that night.
I won't see them at all and then the next day we're bouncing around from house to house to be with family.
And she doesn't know this guy and she doesn't drink (she's been sober for 7 years). My dad could go and she could stay with me. But she won't.
I didn't think it was so weird to want your parents around for one night..
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs