Forums: Society & Lifestyles:
Kids

Christmas Presents

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Dec 27, 2015 @ 08:23:39
I gave my two youngest grand kids a notebook laptop for Christmas this year . They are 10 and 8 years old . I disabled the wireless capabilities of the thing so there won't be any " I don't how we got to that non age related trash site grandma " . I gave my oldest grand daughter who is 13 this year a desktop PC for her 11TH b-day also with the internet connectivity capabilities disabled. They all three say they understand that when they are older and have had a chance to learn the ins and outs of the computer it's self then I will enable it to be the internet ready machine it was made to be .
I put a' log on to windows' password on the laptop that would do to use on any site that people use their credit cards on , I wrote the password down and included it with the gift. My 8 year old grand daughter was complaining about how difficult it is for her to put the password in right and could I make it to where all she has to do is turn the machine on to play the games I downloaded for them . I told her , ' no , I won't do that and the reason is that in her future there will be computers and every computer will have a password so she needs to get the knowledge and habit of passwords right from the start.'
she gave me that 'eye roll' little girls are famous for , said something under her breath and went back to trying to get the password right before her turn/time with the laptop ran out and she would have to let her brother take his turn .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs