The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Entertainment

Chris Brown and Others... Why are people still attracted to them

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
simplydiffer On April 30, 2015

#1New Post! Jul 22, 2011 @ 05:36:27
Chris Brown. He hit a woman. He beat the living daylights of her. He beat the crap out of woman. He's an a-hole. He threw a chair through a window because they asked a question he didn't like (related Bad thing though, I love the guy.

I love his music. He's the second most played artist on my Ipod right behind Justin Nozuka. It's catchy, good, may not be deep and thought provoking, but it's just fun music. I've been a fan since 2005. The main reason I have a problem is because I am EXTREMELY attracted to him. Oh yes, I think he is sexy as hell. And I know what he's done and how he presents himself. I just watched his concert from the Today Show on Youtube and I couldn't tear my eyes from the screen. I really couldn't. I couldn't even switch tabs until the whole thing was over.

This is just my example, but other celebs that are notorious still have legions of fans. Lindsay Lohan still has die hard fans and I know people that would still "tap that" (a quote from a friend of mine). Charlie Sheen still has legions of fans. Heck, there even was a girl that dated OJ even after he most likely killed his ex-wife. There are many others that I can't think of right now...

This brings up the question, why are people still attracted to celebrities even when they know they have done horrible things and/or display horrible character qualities?

Opinion?
alex4u On July 25, 2011

Baverly Hills, California
#2New Post! Jul 25, 2011 @ 11:53:26
just attraction may be. its hard to define. As far as i am concerned i cant like a douche bag no matter how famous he or she may be.
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jul 25, 2011 @ 12:04:55
As a person i really cant stick Gordon Ramsey- filthy mouthed, agrssive cheat but he is still lovely to me! i dont really like the 'bad boy' immae but i guess thats why a lot of people are attrated to them. its not always the personality that comes into it when hormones take over!
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#4New Post! Jul 25, 2011 @ 12:14:17
Once I find out someone is a jackass, I am no longer attracted to them, if I had been to begin with. a*****eness cancels out any 'good looking' features they may have.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jul 25, 2011 @ 13:33:20
We see what we choose to see.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs