Chocolate Milk

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#1New Post! May 20, 2012 @ 18:21:40
So, yesterday, I had chocolate milk (the kind you get in k-12) school during lunch in a small carton and I forgot how much I absolutely love that stuff.

I drink Milk a lot and usually use Milo for the chocolate and it's a great taste, but it's not the same as that school chocolate milk. I've even bought chocolate milk by the gallon or half-gallon from the store thinking it would be the same, but it's not. It's too sweet and chocolate syrupy in my opinion. I've even tried Nesquick chocolate milk and it doesn't taste the same.

Anyone know where I can get the chocolate milk that you get at school.

Sigh. It was delicious.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! May 20, 2012 @ 18:24:26
I am not keen on Milo. Nesquick is rather too sweet.

How about sending the school kitchen a letter asking where they get it from?
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#3New Post! May 20, 2012 @ 18:40:57
@treebee Said

I am not keen on Milo. Nesquick is rather too sweet.

How about sending the school kitchen a letter asking where they get it from?

I like Milo. I grew up with it so it has a childhood nostalgia effect as well. It doesn't blend well but I can eat Milo by the spoonful just by it's self. I have think for malted drink and food items.

I've never liked Hershey's nesquick or most American cocoa drinks, but those school chocolate milks are a different story.

I read the label and it said True Moo, so I wonder they sell this stuff close by. Hopefully, it'll be the same if I can get my hands on it.

Only problem is that I'll get fat drinking all the milk, it's additive man.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! May 20, 2012 @ 18:46:39
We never got chocolate milk at school Shame as it's the only kind I ever drank, can't stand normal milk.

Not sure about brand though, I love the Frijj ones. They do a lush chocolate fudge brownie flavour
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#5New Post! May 20, 2012 @ 20:05:03
@sister_of_mercy Said

We never got chocolate milk at school Shame as it's the only kind I ever drank, can't stand normal milk.

Not sure about brand though, I love the Frijj ones. They do a lush chocolate fudge brownie flavour

omg now I want Frijj so bad
aneil On February 20, 2023

Freeport, Trinidad and Tobago
#6New Post! May 20, 2012 @ 20:31:00
@boobagins Said

I like Milo. I grew up with it so it has a childhood nostalgia effect as well. It doesn't blend well but I can eat Milo by the spoonful just by it's self. I have think for malted drink and food items.

I love the taste of Milo but it bugs me that it just doesn't mix with milk properly.

I use it in everything else though, from ice cream to frosting on cupcakes.

The chocolate milk from your school, does it taste like yoohoo?
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#7New Post! May 20, 2012 @ 20:37:28
@aneil Said

I love the taste of Milo but it bugs me that it just doesn't mix with milk properly.

I use it in everything else though, from ice cream to frosting on cupcakes.

The chocolate milk from your school, does it taste like yoohoo?

Yeah. It sucks, usually you have to let it sit for a while for it to mix well, but I don't like to do that not only because A)I'm too impatient to wait or B)Even though I hate that it doesn't blend, I like drinking the milk and having the Milo left at he bottom that I can just scoop up and eat.

No. Yoohoo is awesome. It's like super sweet and super syrupy and so liquid at the same time, it's lush and I love that stuff but try not to drink it often.

No the milk is actually thick, not that sweet, and chocolaty without feeling like your drinking syrup.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! May 20, 2012 @ 20:42:27
I am absolutely craving cold chocolate milk now
weeattoes On May 22, 2012

, Louisiana
#9New Post! May 20, 2012 @ 22:25:13
I know what you mean about the school chocolate milk..
Every once in a while we could get a small juice but there was nothing like that chocolate milk.. i have no clue where they get it from though!

I am not fond of the nesquik chocolate milk so much but i love the nesquik strawberry milk for some reason but i didn't like the school strawberry milk. hehe
galastaray On June 08, 2016
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#10New Post! May 20, 2012 @ 23:17:24
@treebee Said

I am absolutely craving cold chocolate milk now

I have about a glass of chocolate milk a day.

I always use whole cream milk (made from the finest cows) to add a creamy and fulfilling foundation. Next, I put just the right amount of soothing chocolate powder so the after-taste of the creamy milk still lingers on after you swallow the chocolatey goodness. On top of that, I make sure to drizzle a little sugar evenly over the chocolate milk to add to the touch as it fills your mouth with the chocolatey flavor. Finally, to perfect the finish, I add a small layer of whipped cream just over the milk to bring you that final satisfaction you need in a well-made cup of chocolate milk.

SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#11New Post! May 20, 2012 @ 23:38:54
I don't get the picture Galastray.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#12New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 00:40:17
I feel like the grocery store is just way too obvious an answer. So apparently I must be missing something.

but yeah around here the grocery stores have already mixed chocolate milk, from the same dairy (Creamland) that we had in school. you can sometimes find strawberry milk.

Maybe because the dairy is in NM it's different here,
Or they package in "chug" bottles as its easier to open than cartons but it's the same milk.

Anyway I don't mean to be a smartass, I just can't understand not being able to walk into a grocery store and get a gallon, quart or single serving of already mixed chocolate milk. and it's the same milk that supplies the schools. the only other milk choice we have is generic or Horizon, which is organic.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#13New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 00:43:43
This is cultural difference again. Our milk is either those little single serve things you get at school but grocery stores do not sell those little ones, the convience stores do though, same as what I used to drink in school. We also have 1 liter, 2 liter and then if you need more, we have milk in bags, like 4 bags to a pack. We do not have gallon, half gallon, etc.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#14New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 00:47:47
Before I confuse anyone not Canadian, this is our milk bags:

https://www.canadiandesignresource.ca/officialgallery/packaging/bags-of-milk/

Its 4 liters which is about the size of your gallon of milk you guys get in a jug. You do not drink it from the bag, you buy a reuseable milk pitcher and its to save on using plastic. I never remember a time where we had the 4 liter or as you guys call it, 1 gallon jugs of milk, its always been the bags.
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#15New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 01:00:08
@DiscordTiger Said

I feel like the grocery store is just way too obvious an answer. So apparently I must be missing something.

but yeah around here the grocery stores have already mixed chocolate milk, from the same dairy (Creamland) that we had in school. you can sometimes find strawberry milk.

Maybe because the dairy is in NM it's different here,
Or they package in "chug" bottles as its easier to open than cartons but it's the same milk.

Anyway I don't mean to be a smartass, I just can't understand not being able to walk into a grocery store and get a gallon, quart or single serving of already mixed chocolate milk. and it's the same milk that supplies the schools. the only other milk choice we have is generic or Horizon, which is organic.

As I've said in my op, I have bought the already mixed chocolate milk and it's not the same. I've tried nesquick, I've tried all the pre-made chocolate milks and it's not the same. I don't get True Moo around here, at least not the last time I looked.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs