Child support?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
garfunkel On December 29, 2008
my beautiful rescue

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#1New Post! Dec 22, 2005 @ 23:56:40
If the parents split up and one parent doesn't get to see their children maybe because they choose not to have anything to do with them or maybe because of other factors that prevent the parent that left from seeing their children...maybe its the childrens choice or it could be countless other reasons.
im just curious if u feel that the parent who does not get to see their children should still fulfill the obligation of paying child support?
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Dec 22, 2005 @ 23:58:12
I think if a parent is denied access to the child then WTF should they continue paying, its not as though they have a chance to have a relationship with the child anymore
garfunkel On December 29, 2008
my beautiful rescue

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#3New Post! Dec 23, 2005 @ 00:00:21
but what if the parent chooses not to see the child even though the child wants to continue a relationship. should they be able to just turn their back on their responsibilities?
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Dec 23, 2005 @ 00:01:30
then they should be kicked in the nuts/fanny

and made to pay!
steven On September 10, 2008

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Dec 23, 2005 @ 00:04:09
Without a doubt mate, I say yes. The adult MUST support the child. Even without child support agencies, it's a moral obligation to make sure that yer kids are looked after.
If one of the parents do not get to see the children, then that is a different issue.
Nevertheless, the money support has to go on.
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#6New Post! Dec 23, 2005 @ 02:49:16
There are so many different factors to be considered here, But having been through a divorce and having a 13 month old baby at the time of the divorce I say if you gonna play you gotta pay. Actually my ex saw his daughter every other weekend and anytime in between that he wanted to and he was also very prompt on his child support payments. I beleive that it really depends on the circumstances surrounding the reason a parent is not seeing the child. To me the only valid reason for not paying is if the other parent is using the child as a pawn and does'nt allow visitation but then there would be a chance to go after visitation. Some custodial parents however are not very responsible with the child support payments and tend to spend them on themselves rather than the child but still that could be legally pursued. Wow I'll shut up now!
punkism On February 03, 2006

none of the above, New Zealand
#7New Post! Jan 03, 2006 @ 12:16:39
child support is dumb. divorce is dumb. my parents are divorced and so far its f***ed up my life with my father. child support can be a great excuse for feuding parents to score points against each other.
glitter_sniffer On August 25, 2015
Om nom nom

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jan 03, 2006 @ 12:25:16
@punkism Said
child support is dumb. divorce is dumb. my parents are divorced and so far its f***ed up my life with my father. child support can be a great excuse for feuding parents to score points against each other.

I agree completly! My father lives in Texas and I never see him, he has a whole new family and stuff and doesn't give two s***s about me or my brother and sister. He's forced to pay money to me and my sister (my brother is 18) and when the check comes in late or doesn't come in at all, it's a complete war! I hate it so much, I know my mother can't afford us all at times, but the madness is crazy!
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#9New Post! Jan 03, 2006 @ 12:28:02
Bollocks. If you enjoy the pleasure you have to live up to your responsibilities. If your partner chooses to exclude you from your child's life it may well be for very good reason.

You can't make a sweeping judgement on an issue like this. "One size fits all" does in this case.
punkism On February 03, 2006

none of the above, New Zealand
#10New Post! Jan 03, 2006 @ 12:32:56
oh yeah, and to all those parents with kids thinking about divorce now, dont take this personally f*** YOU stay together for the kids unless your being abused by your spouse or your life is in danger theres no reason for a divorce. my parents got divorced when i was a baby and i never got to see them together my mother got married twice after that and got divorced both times and ive got a sister whos got a different father than me and shes got to go thru all the same s*** i do. so just think of the kids.
rosesforme17 On August 29, 2023

Santa Clara, California
#11New Post! Jan 14, 2006 @ 21:54:18
@garfunkel Said
If the parents split up and one parent doesn't get to see their children maybe because they choose not to have anything to do with them or maybe because of other factors that prevent the parent that left from seeing their children...maybe its the childrens choice or it could be countless other reasons.
im just curious if u feel that the parent who does not get to see their children should still fulfill the obligation of paying child support?

Yes they should still pay child support. Whether they are able to see the child or not is irrelevent. That child still has needs that require financial support. If the absent parent chooses to not see the child for whatever reason, then sign over parental rights if you don't want to support him/her. If the absent parent is unable to see the child because the other parent is prohibiting it, then fight for visitation. If the parent isn't seeing the child because the child chooses it, suck it up. I know that sounds harsh but if a child doesn't want to see a parent it must be for good reason. But either way, the absent parent still needs to support that child financially until he/she is 18, whether they like it or not, unless a court tells them they don't have to. But the moral thing to do is support the child financially and emotionally.

@punkism Said
oh yeah, and to all those parents with kids thinking about divorce now, dont take this personally f*** YOU stay together for the kids unless your being abused by your spouse or your life is in danger theres no reason for a divorce. my parents got divorced when i was a baby and i never got to see them together my mother got married twice after that and got divorced both times and ive got a sister whos got a different father than me and shes got to go thru all the same s*** i do. so just think of the kids.

Staying together for the kids' sake is a bad idea. It can often make a situation even harder for the kids. It's not fair for the kids to see their parents fight constantly and be miserable. That just makes the kids even more unhappy than if the parents were just seperated or divorced. I'm sorry your personal life is less than desirable. But sometimes it is better for parents to not stay together. My kids were sad to see their dad go. But they are quite happy without him living here. I don't regret my seperation. I think it was best for me and the kids. As long as I was unhappy, they were unhappy. And that made me feel worse. But once he and I split and we got over the bitterness, we've become friends again. And the kids are much happier now than the last couple months their dad and I were together. All they saw then was us fighting and me crying. Of course it may not be ideal for everyone to be seperated or divorced. But you are doing the kids no favors by staying together if you are unhappy. And just so you know punkism, I was thinking of the kids when I left their dad. All my decisions are based on what would be best for them. Your situation obviously has been very hard on you. And I'm sorry for that. But it may have been for the best. Even if it doesn't seem so now. And I wish the best for you.
knerba On May 13, 2011

Sandy, Utah
#12New Post! Jan 26, 2006 @ 22:25:26
My sons father lives in another state and as such obviously doesn't see much of him, but he still pays me what he can when he can- although this has not always been the case. There is no reason a father should run off and pretend he has no child! If the mom is being a jerk and won't let him see the kid, he should have a court appoint visitation. Both parents need to be civil before and after a divorce or they are going to mess up their kids. My ex and I are still very good friends and never badmouth eachother in front of our son- no matter what issue come up. But anyhoo, the dad should pay his support no matter what and that's that.
silenthunder On November 25, 2007

Halliburton, Texas
#13New Post! Jan 30, 2006 @ 00:37:00
Parents who fail to pay child support expose their children to an almost 400% increase in the chance of being abused. Typically the custodial parent will seek out a partner due to poverty and the partner is resentful of the children as being representative of a former lover. What these children go through can only be compared to what those in concentration camps, under the Nazi's went through. Timely child support goes a long way in reducing this risk.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs