Forums: Sports:
Soccer

Celtic V Rangers

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
johnstone_loyal On August 28, 2008

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Aug 27, 2008 @ 17:31:13
First Glasgow derby (refuse to call it the Old Firm as I dont want to be associated with them ) Is on sunday at Celtic Park. this os one of the biggest matches in world football. The Rangers will win... on and off the park 8)
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Aug 27, 2008 @ 17:36:32

f*** both sides of the Old Firm. I'm hoping for loads of sectarian singing and 50 point penalties from both teams.

The Rangers team I saw last week is honestly the worst Rangers side I've ever seen in my life, it is embarrassing that we could only draw against Rangers, no way that Celtic will lose at home against a team like that.
lupinstar On April 16, 2023

Wigmore, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Aug 27, 2008 @ 17:48:34
I hope a team not playing gets the points

@johnstone_loyal Said
this os one of the biggest matches in world football.

Seiously, not really, id put alot of games above this like the big games in spain, italy, france, portugal and germany above celtic vs rangers. Its not really that big a thing worldwide.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#4New Post! Aug 27, 2008 @ 17:50:43
It's not even the biggest game in Scottish football, because none of the other teams give a s*** who wins the league out of Celtic and Rangers. I was more concerned with Motherwell - Dundee Utd because those are the two teams most likely to rival us this season.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#5New Post! Aug 27, 2008 @ 18:39:38
@johnstone_loyal Said
LMAO LMAO im laughing at you Dolly!! Old firm isnt biggest in scotland? Bwahahaha catch a grip you f***in retard.

One of the biggest forums dedicated to Derby matches has us 3rd in the list. Behind Boca V River and Fenerbahce V galatasaray. It is accepted across the world that its a huge match.

Its a deadly rivalry. not something to be proud of but its the truth. its much more than football... not only in Scotland

So your admitting that it isn't a proper football rivalry, but a petty sectarian war between two teams, something the rest of Scotland can't be bothered with, and doesn't give a s*** about.

No-one gives a s*** about Celtic or Rangers other than Celtic and Rangers fans.
lupinstar On April 16, 2023

Wigmore, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Aug 29, 2008 @ 10:32:44
@johnstone_loyal Said
One of the biggest forums dedicated to Derby matches has us 3rd in the list. Behind Boca V River and Fenerbahce V galatasaray. It is accepted across the world that its a huge match.

Maybe the rangers fans forums, but really it isnt, im sure i could list so many more matches that are bigger thanb watching Rangers vs Celtic. For example, real mardrid vs barcelona and the milan derby, those two are huge games of teams of champions league status with rivalry's and there games are huge.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#7New Post! Aug 29, 2008 @ 16:42:04
The Edinburgh derby has been getting as much press up here, thats the interesting one that people actually care about in the SPL, because its between two teams who actually rival the other teams, rather than two at the top who no-one gives a s*** about which one comes first.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#8New Post! Aug 31, 2008 @ 13:22:52
4-2, might have been worth watching.

Anyway, the Rangers team I saw last week was by far the worst Rangers performance I've seen in my life, if they can be beating Celtic then Celtic must really be awful.

I'm predicting a non-SPL side taking the OF to the wire this season.
elninho9 On January 16, 2012

, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Sep 21, 2008 @ 11:56:34
the "old firm" derby is just an excuse for knuckle dragging soap dodging morons to chant sectarian invective towards each other whilst reminding each other of a battle over 300 years ago in another country when a Dutch kings army defeated a Scottish kings army to decide who would rule the country.Then after the game supporters of one side will waylay and assault a former player of the other side purely because he happens to be of a different religion to them,despite the fact that the only time they ever enter a church is either at a funeral of one of their "clan" or to rob from the altar.
budsy On January 02, 2009

Deleted
Banned

, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Sep 21, 2008 @ 13:37:35
I agree in that religion does have a big say in the majority of the support from both Old Firm sides, but myself i am a Protestant but support Celtic just because of a certain very good player + entertainer with a ball in the Late Jimmy (jinky) Johnstone whom as a youngster he it was whom made me a Celtic fan + my late Father took me on many an occassion to see him play, i then carried it on when i joined a supporters bus through the late Tommy Burns era but i stopped going when season tck's became the thing + getting to expensive, but players today are spoiled with the huge amount of wages they get i reckon, another reason i stopped going (GREED) " Also when i went to watch Scotland V Germany several yrs ago in Bairds Bar a well known Celtic Bar in Glasgow + they all Glaswegians were watching South Ireland on the other station, when Scotland were playing V Germany yet they were all Scots crazy or what, also ive heard the sectarian singing whilst in these bars + it aint for me im afraid, at the end of the day religion should have no place in Football, even with my School days i went through a lot of stick from Rangers fans + called this + that. I have witnessed some terrible attacks while coming out from an Old Firm game yrs back + would not go back again, i admit it's a game in which is 2nd to none for excitement but i feel not as much now as yrs back say in the 60s + 70s as they just played 2wice per season in the League back then, but now it's 4 times plus possibly the odd semi final or cup final say sandwiched in between. As for the biggest Derby game in Britain or Europe id still reckon it's the Old Firm, ive been at a Man Utd V Man City when i stayed their + really it doesnt come near an Old Firm Game for excitement + rivalry. But i have no time for the bigotry, reason i wouldnt go back as im older + wiser now.
KillTheDirector On March 15, 2009

Cambs, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Oct 19, 2008 @ 01:25:55
That match was hilarious. Boruc error was the icing on the cake.
irfankhan On February 16, 2009

hyderabad, India
#12New Post! Feb 16, 2009 @ 08:37:02
hey u scottish people....u think ur self professed word becomes a fact!!
who are celtic and rangers!!....two clubs from scotland play in a match which they call "the fiercest football rivalry!!".....the level of football in scotland is vivid from their national team's calibre......the scottish league is crap with 12 teams!!!.....i saw ur so called old firm derby and it was sooooooo borinnng....only 2 or 3 chances created in the entire game!!!.......u ppl's expectation level of football is soo low that u get excited just watching anyone kicking a ball...........running around at 100 mph doing nothing is not football is about
i dont understand how cum celtic and rangers are richer than clubs like villareal,atletico,seville,lazio,fiorentina,udinese,marseille,ajax!!!!!!!!!
they dont even deserve a place in the uefa champions league!!...
and heh for ur kind information the match was another boring 0-0 draw....so dare not say anything against serie a and other leagues
scottish league is
tempo over quality
haste of skills
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#13New Post! Feb 16, 2009 @ 18:25:59
@irfankhan Said

hey u scottish people....u think ur self professed word becomes a fact!!
who are celtic and rangers!!....two clubs from scotland play in a match which they call "the fiercest football rivalry!!".....the level of football in scotland is vivid from their national team's calibre......the scottish league is crap with 12 teams!!!.....i saw ur so called old firm derby and it was sooooooo borinnng....only 2 or 3 chances created in the entire game!!!.......u ppl's expectation level of football is soo low that u get excited just watching anyone kicking a ball...........running around at 100 mph doing nothing is not football is about
i dont understand how cum celtic and rangers are richer than clubs like villareal,atletico,seville,lazio,fiorentina,udinese,marseille,ajax!!!!!!!!!
they dont even deserve a place in the uefa champions league!!...
and heh for ur kind information the match was another boring 0-0 draw....so dare not say anything against serie a and other leagues
scottish league is
tempo over quality
haste of skills

Don't judge Scottish football on the scum. We have a good and competative league system set up here, and the OF may play boring s***ey football but the other ten teams in the league play good exciting football.

If anyone watched the Hearts - Aberdeen game on Saturday it was end to end stuff with a cracking opening goal and well worked play by Hearts.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs