Celebrities are role models and should set a good example

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
vicki_t On October 15, 2011

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 19:21:34
Is this true though?

Are you more likely to snort cocaine because Kate Moss did it? Are you more likely to take drugs because Amy Winehouse does them?

Do celebrities have a moral duty to behave as moral guardians and role models for youngsters? If you become famous for singing do tyou have a duty to modify your lifestyle?

Or is it the media who are really to blame for building up scandal?

I think it is a load of silly media hype. I do not modify my life to copy the celebs. Nor do I expect someone who sings to ditch al their problems and jetison their personality.
sweetness77 On June 20, 2008

, Texas
#2New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 19:27:49
I agree with you. It's sad that all of america looks at celebrities as role models.
Young girls trying to stay thin because all the actresses are. It's just sad.

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 19:30:24
If you want to be an actress you had better stay thin
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#4New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 19:38:36
Unfortunately younger people try to emulate singer's more than actors and that's so sad, cause a lot of them have very intricate cosmetic plastic surgery done to keep them looking that way and a lot of people strive to achieve what they THINK they should look like, sad but it does have an huge impact on some people, and then here comes the eating disorders and low-self esteem which I find is sad, but not all singer's and actors/actresses have surgery, but the one's that do are definitely in the majority. But a lot of people know that they sometimes are quite plastic and don't bother trying look like them, but that's the minority. I find it all quite sad for the Singer's,Actor's/Actresses if they feel that they need to do these things to be more popular because in time no matter what you have done that is artificial comes back to haunt you with age.JMO
nothinsnew On September 15, 2009

Deleted

The Coast, Australia
#5New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 19:42:36
I blame the actual industry itself. I think thats what killed Heath too.
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 19:44:38
@nothinsnew Said

Possibly. It was stress which made him take all the sedatives and stuff which turned out to be too much for his heart. Poor Heath.
nothinsnew On September 15, 2009

Deleted

The Coast, Australia
#7New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 20:01:51
@crazychica Said
Possibly. It was stress which made him take all the sedatives and stuff which turned out to be too much for his heart. Poor Heath.

yup
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#8New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 20:05:33
Or maybe more unstable personalities are drwan to that sort of industry? Maybe people who crave validation seek it out on the public stage?

Anyway, do any of you remember actually changing anything in your life to mirror a celebrity? I can't. I find it odd that anyone does.

, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 20:07:51
@vizzy Said
Or maybe more unstable personalities are drwan to that sort of industry? Maybe people who crave validation seek it out on the public stage?

Anyway, do any of you remember actually changing anything in your life to mirror a celebrity? I can't. I find it odd that anyone does.

Nor me. For those that do - ifthey did not have celebrities to copy they would probably just need protecting from something else.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 20:11:31
@nothinsnew Said

I think you hit the nail on the head. Celebs have used drugs to drop weight, relax, sleep, put on weight, get more confidence etc etc. for donkeys years, simply because they have such demanding schedules. It must be so easy to manipulate a person who is tired into doing things they dont want to do, taking drugs they dont want to take, slimming down to show thier ribs, putting on another show when they are physically and mentally exhausted. Its all big big money and i honestly dont think many celebs realise what they are getting themselves into. It takes strong character ie: those who lived another life before breaking the big time, to be able to remain earthed.
treetopflyer On March 19, 2008

Deleted

Emerald City,
#11New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 20:13:15
@vicki_t Said
Is this true though?

Are you more likely to snort cocaine because Kate Moss did it? Are you more likely to take drugs because Amy Winehouse does them?

Do celebrities have a moral duty to behave as moral guardians and role models for youngsters? If you become famous for singing do tyou have a duty to modify your lifestyle?

I think it is a load of silly media hype. I do not modify my life to copy the celebs. Nor do I expect someone who sings to ditch al their problems and jetison their personality.

i disagree totally. they are not role models they are actors who play many roles, they perform for us, they play a make believe role for us. they are not role models unless you allow them to be and if one does one might explore or review what a role model really is.

just my take

, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 20:14:40
@treetopflyer Said
i disagree totally. they are not role models they are actors who play many roles, they perform for us, they play a make believe role for us. they are not role models unless you allow them to be and if one does one might explore or review what a role model really is.

just my take

well, I agree with you.
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#13New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 20:20:20
@vizzy Said

I personally have never tried to change myself for anyone, but a lot of people do and it's scary, and the comment about self validation is a good one perhaps they do crave it and when they do get it, it becomes overwhelming and they can't handle it JMO

Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#14New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 20:23:56
@lilbear Said
I personally have never tried to change myself for anyone, but a lot of people do and it's scary, and the comment about self validation is a good one perhaps they do crave it and when they do get it, it becomes overwhelming and they can't handle it JMO

Needy people tend to be unstable and more likely to take drugs/ over indulge. That's my two cents anyway.
lexxel On March 22, 2009

adelaide, Australia
#15New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 20:25:35
@vicki_t Said
Is this true though?

Its both - being a celeb your getting paid a lot and privilidged lifestyle, as with any other job snorting of cocaine isnt ethical, if ambulance drivers did it we would have more fatalities and not to mention doctors.
Being a celebrity is a privillidge personally celebrities who do drugs or are outside the norm to where another person would face charges or be fired, they get second and third chances and it shouldnt happen.
Micheal Jackson - i dont know if its true or false but he did shake a baby out of the window, this guy shouldnt be recognised if the allegations are true
The media itself is somewhat over rated - the exploit privacy and get paid for it, though celebrities do hit the limelight there are some cases where media goes through rubbish cans just for a story, this is gone too far and shouldnt be allowed.
I dont beleive a celebrity should be allowed to go to rehab and allowed back into the industry, they did an act that they know it can be published on tv or newspaper and their acts are ultimately in ignorance to respect towards their shosen environment.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs