Career Stratagems and Goals or How to Marry a Billionaire

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
NikiNiki On January 04, 2011

Deleted

Villa Park, California
#1New Post! Apr 23, 2010 @ 00:23:35
The teachers at my school sometimes talk about how school work affects career goals, so I want to post some ideas. The next time I write an essay on the subject, I think I might use George Washington as an example. He didn't go to college. He worked as a surveyor, and he was an officer in the militia. When his uncle died, he inherited Mount Vernon; and later he married a rich widow.

George looks to me like the paradigm of how to marry a billionaire.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#2New Post! Apr 23, 2010 @ 00:26:14
There really are women with specific strategies on how to meet and marry a rich man. They plan their days events based on where rich men hang out, they buy clothes that they think a rich man would like, they join activities that rich men tend to sign up for, etc. It's kind of weird.

Deleted

Villa Park, California
#4New Post! Apr 24, 2010 @ 02:44:41
So I doubt I will ever work as a fluffer, but movie extra could be a possibility.

Today on the radio I listened to a journalist talk about his career as a novelist. He said that he began as a journalist at a small town newspaper in Montana, and he said that his college degree in journalism didn't impress his prospective employer. Unfortunately, he didn't say what did convince the editor to hire him.

Deleted

Villa Park, California
#5New Post! Apr 27, 2010 @ 00:28:44
Over the weekend I went to a family thing. Some of my cousins and their fathers are electrical and mechanical engineers. They range anywhere from 25 to 85 years old. Mostly they have worked as computer programmers.

Deleted

Villa Park, California
#6New Post! May 10, 2010 @ 10:12:20
We have a clock store near our school. It has all kinds of mechanical clocks, the kind like use pendulums to regulate the motion. It's really an obsolete technology because the world is full of clocks like on cell phones, which are actually more like calendars. But people still buy expensive mechanical clocks for home decor. They cost thousands of dollars, so if one breaks, the owner will want to get it fixed. That means that somebody will need to fix them, and there is a shortage of clock repair people.

Also, watch repair and clock repair are two different skills, and they are both in short supply.

Deleted

Villa Park, California
#7New Post! May 13, 2010 @ 12:10:20
Teaching must be an honorable profession. Famous people, The Johns, Adams, Dalton, and Wesley Hardin, became teachers.

We have been having AP testing at school. Yesterday, I finished a test, and the teacher sent me next door to the middle school where I tried to tutor two, twelve-year-old-boys. They have lived in the United States and in Mexico, so they don't speak Standard English or Spanish very well.

For an hour I tried to help them with a series of science problems. The had thee numbers, the mass of a rock, the initial velocity of the rock, and the height of the tree. They had three formulas about potential and kinetic energy, and they were asked to calculate different energies or velocities at different heights.

They had really poor short term memory. They couldn't remember the numbers, and they couldn't remember that if they couldn't remember the numbers, then they could look at the assignment sheet to get the numbers.

I don't think I could be a teacher. I wouldn't have the patience to deal with this every day.

Deleted

Villa Park, California
#8New Post! May 18, 2010 @ 01:56:57
When I grow up, I want to be a winter lettuce picker. I could live in exotic San Luis, Baja California del Norte, and I could work in Yuma, AZ.

Pay: $100 for twelve hour day during winter, five day work week for picking 3,000 heads of lettuce per day.

Benefits: Sleep on bus while going to work. Comradery with fellow workers.

Tools: knife to cut lettuce.

Education: Food Safety Rules, fluent in Spanish optional

Work Hazards: Pesticide Poisoning, sore legs, swollen hands
_Samantha_ On May 19, 2010

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#9New Post! May 18, 2010 @ 02:28:54
@Lili Said

There really are women with specific strategies on how to meet and marry a rich man. They plan their days events based on where rich men hang out, they buy clothes that they think a rich man would like, they join activities that rich men tend to sign up for, etc. It's kind of weird.

Not if they get an 85 year old billionaire it aint, lol. 5 more years and the yacht's yours.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#10New Post! May 18, 2010 @ 02:35:55
https://sugardaddie.com/sd2.php?gclid=CI_TpIXT2qECFVWY2AodvVGtIQ

Deleted

Villa Park, California
#11New Post! May 18, 2010 @ 02:53:15
@SparklyKatie Said

https://sugardaddie.com/sd2.php?gclid=CI_TpIXT2qECFVWY2AodvVGtIQ

I know this will sound bizarre, but I think that half the students at my school have sugar daddies and their trophy wives for parents, and I think that looking for a sugar daddy would be time not well spent.

aneil On February 20, 2023

Freeport, Trinidad and Tobago
#12New Post! May 18, 2010 @ 03:41:06
@NikiNiki Said

So I doubt I will ever work as a fluffer, but movie extra could be a possibility.

Today on the radio I listened to a journalist talk about his career as a novelist. He said that he began as a journalist at a small town newspaper in Montana, and he said that his college degree in journalism didn't impress his prospective employer. Unfortunately, he didn't say what did convince the editor to hire him.

i've realized that college degrees impress few people, especially self-made hirers.

where i go to school, the skills learnt in college dont seem to have any relevence to the real world.

Deleted

Villa Park, California
#13New Post! May 18, 2010 @ 10:52:48
@aneil Said

i've realized that college degrees impress few people, especially self-made hirers.

where i go to school, the skills learnt in college dont seem to have any relevence to the real world.

Some careers, like doctor, lawyer, teacher, engineer, require a college diploma. For other careers, a diploma is an entry level requirement, but maybe not essential. I know a computer programmer. He began programming computers in the 1970's before computers had become small enough to put on a desk. He needed a college degree to apply for another kind of programming job. They wanted people with diplomas, but they didn't care from where or in what, so the majored in psychology.

A career in sales might not require a diploma, but I think maximum education would help. To sell a car to a woman or a happy meal to a soccer mom, she won't want to know your degree, but who knows what snippet of knowledge might project empathy and provide a competitive advantage.

Deleted

Villa Park, California
#14New Post! May 21, 2010 @ 20:56:18
The teachers went to school today, so I had no school. An older cousin and I took an elderly uncle to a neurologist. This uncle has trouble remembering dates and places. The neurologist wants this uncle to take an experimental drug that might reverse the memory loss.

I didn't talk much to the scientist, who is conducting the study. At least I think he's a scientist.

However, I did talk to his assistant. She's studying human resources at a local college, which I suppose means that after graduation, she expects to work as an administrator who finds people to do the work, which the organization needs done. In a hospital that might mean everything from orderlies to surgeons.

The neurologist hired her. The requirement to work in his office was a high school diploma. After she had worked in his office for a year, she began working with the scientist who conducts the drug studies.

Sounds like a really interesting job for someone without a degree.

Deleted

Villa Park, California
#15New Post! May 23, 2010 @ 22:54:34
When I grow up I want to work in DSI, which means I will work with Guatemalan immigrants in a chicken packing factory. The DSI worker cuts the breasts into two pieces before another worker packs them into boxes. Anyone with a little stamina can work in DSI especially if the alternative is fighting in the Guatemalan civil war. Then someday, maybe I can become a deboner. That sounds rude; but according to my Guatemalan friend, deboning pays two dollars more an hour than DSI.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs