Canadian Seal Hunt. Your Views

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
waynesworld1993 On July 31, 2008

Deleted

Leeds, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jul 27, 2008 @ 00:50:29
What do you think of the annual Seal Hunt in Canada?
MlissaBeth On February 13, 2013
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#2New Post! Jul 27, 2008 @ 00:53:14
Horrible! Nasty...
semi_precious_stone On June 23, 2019

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jul 27, 2008 @ 00:55:43
I don't agree with it.
mark_is_god On June 26, 2015

antrim, Ireland
#4New Post! Jul 27, 2008 @ 01:09:07
couldn't care less really, i eat meat which obviously comes from dead animals, so it would quite hypocritical of me to object to seal hunting.
twiztidangel On May 19, 2010
Why So Serious?

kingdom of muggles, Canada
#5New Post! Jul 27, 2008 @ 01:57:52
its def. sad but its not only canada that seals (or whales, or dolphins or any sea life for that matter) get hunted.
negasable On August 05, 2008

Deleted

West Side, California
#6New Post! Jul 27, 2008 @ 02:01:26
Against it.
aceuvclubs On August 22, 2020
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#7New Post! Jul 27, 2008 @ 02:05:05
dislike it, no need for it...yeah they'll argue it's to keep their religious traditions, but you don't see Christians sacrificing animals at alters do you
kentoo On October 26, 2010

Salmon Arm, Canada
#8New Post! Aug 21, 2008 @ 03:15:19
If someone wants to use seal skin for whatever reason, I have no objection just as long as the harvest is done humanely and that they do not over harvest and put the species survival at risk. One valid reason for the harvest is the seals compete with humans for the cod stock.
Aden On November 28, 2014

, Canada
#9New Post! Dec 27, 2008 @ 07:02:39
I'd much rather go for a Rapist Hunt. Or a Child Molestor Hunt. Seems we got a lot more issues with those problems then a bit of over populated seals.
crankshaft On May 10, 2009

Banned

#10New Post! Dec 27, 2008 @ 07:39:01
Kill the damn things. It's the body heat from all them furry little critters that is melting the polar ice.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#11New Post! Jul 01, 2009 @ 04:18:17
Don't even get me started. The only clubbing people should do is out drinking at the bars.
Snoopsie On April 12, 2011

, Canada
#12New Post! Jul 23, 2009 @ 04:55:30
@aceuvclubs Said

dislike it, no need for it...yeah they'll argue it's to keep their religious traditions, but you don't see Christians sacrificing animals at alters do you

I think you are a little mixed up here. Seals are hunted for several reasons, one of them being they are a very important food source for people from the north (arctic regions), as well as providing fur or other valuable products. So, hunting seals is important culturally and for sustenance, not for religious reasons (although you could say that most animals are respected and almost revered for their significance by people reliant on country food, I would not term this "religious" )
Another reason for hunting seals is that there is an economic opportunity for northern people or people reliant on this resource harvest for their livelihood. There is no reason they should not participate in this as they must survive in our capitalist society. It may be one of very limited opportunities for income in isolated regions.
I agree that killing should be done as humanely and quickly as possible with an eye to preventing the animals from suffering.
Also, if their population numbers support harvesting, then it is not different from any other kind of meat we harvest or raise and slaughter.
Crown_Royal On November 18, 2009

, Canada
#13New Post! Nov 15, 2009 @ 20:11:35
@waynesworld1993 Said

What do you think of the annual Seal Hunt in Canada?

@Snoopsie Said

I think you are a little mixed up here. Seals are hunted for several reasons, one of them being they are a very important food source for people from the north (arctic regions), as well as providing fur or other valuable products. So, hunting seals is important culturally and for sustenance, not for religious reasons (although you could say that most animals are respected and almost revered for their significance by people reliant on country food, I would not term this "religious" )
Another reason for hunting seals is that there is an economic opportunity for northern people or people reliant on this resource harvest for their livelihood. There is no reason they should not participate in this as they must survive in our capitalist society. It may be one of very limited opportunities for income in isolated regions.
I agree that killing should be done as humanely and quickly as possible with an eye to preventing the animals from suffering.
Also, if their population numbers support harvesting, then it is not different from any other kind of meat we harvest or raise and slaughter.

Its not so much the hunt itself that bothers me, its the way its done. Clubbing a seal pup over the head till its dead leaves me to think of the early caveman days.
After all these years, is this the best method we have ?
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#14New Post! Nov 17, 2009 @ 01:19:46
There is no reason to seal hunt. It is almost 2010 and not 1810. Times have changed and that part of our culture should not exist. Also, some country consider the practice barbaric now and for other reasons, do not want to buy that from us any longer. The demand for it is down.

They have a number they have to kill each year.

I'm sorry but Harper and the governer general need to be bashed in the head with a club until they die. Then someone can cut out her heart and eat it raw. I am sicked that people agree with this and that our own governer general, a woman, cut out a heart of a seal and ate it raw.

We sound like we are barbarians. It has to stop.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#15New Post! Nov 17, 2009 @ 01:22:47
It's no different from any other hunting. It's actually more humane than many other types of hunting. I have no problem with it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs