The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

Can you survive a long distance relationship?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
deadbear05 On November 27, 2009

in the shadows, Florida
#1New Post! Dec 18, 2008 @ 21:24:36
Ive been with my boyfriend for almost a year. We started dating when he lived here. Then he moved on June 15th. Its been 7 months since ive seen him and we're still going strong ^_^

Could you be able to do it?
sunshinegirl On October 30, 2010

Winchester, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Dec 18, 2008 @ 21:28:24
I've been in 2 long distance relationships. The first one we were together 2.5 years and then I moved to Italy for a year and we survived the year I was away but when I moved back I realised I wanted different things.
Then the other we were together for 3 months before I moved from the states to the UK and we were together for 3 years... I don't know what happened... yes distance is very difficult but that doesn't mean it can't work, best of luck to you!
jskillern On December 18, 2008

La Porte, Texas
#3New Post! Dec 18, 2008 @ 21:30:14
If you can trust one another then I say yes. But most people say NO because of the trust issue. You don't know what they are doing when maybe they don't answer the phone and so on.

But I say if you really love someone and they love you back the same way then anything can work. All you have to have is Trust,love and believe that you are meant to be together and you can make it through anything.

Jill
www.workbenefitsfromhome.com
www.medicaldentaldiscounts.com
Falsifying On December 19, 2013
Google is watching.

Austin, Texas
#4New Post! Dec 18, 2008 @ 21:30:31
Nope.
PhoenixNebula On February 25, 2010
TFS' village idiot.

Deleted
Banned

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Dec 18, 2008 @ 21:30:40
I personally don't think I could do it, I like to be very close to all my loved ones. Although I agree, it doesn't mean it can't work, and good luck!

in the shadows, Florida
#6New Post! Dec 18, 2008 @ 21:32:42
@sunshinegirl Said

I've been in 2 long distance relationships. The first one we were together 2.5 years and then I moved to Italy for a year and we survived the year I was away but when I moved back I realised I wanted different things.
Then the other we were together for 3 months before I moved from the states to the UK and we were together for 3 years... I don't know what happened... yes distance is very difficult but that doesn't mean it can't work, best of luck to you!

Wow!!! Thats is awesome that you were about to make it that long! That is great. Thank you tons! ^_^
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#7New Post! Dec 18, 2008 @ 21:34:29
After having lived together for years, if he suddenly had to up and leave for an extensive amount of time for whatever reason; I know it would survive...I could do it, no problem, and vice versa.

However; if it's someone on the internet, someone you've never met before, and seem to care alot for one another, but a huge distance separates you; then I don't see it personally working, in the long run..for 'me', anyway.

in the shadows, Florida
#8New Post! Dec 18, 2008 @ 21:34:35
@jskillern Said

If you can trust one another then I say yes. But most people say NO because of the trust issue. You don't know what they are doing when maybe they don't answer the phone and so on.

But I say if you really love someone and they love you back the same way then anything can work. All you have to have is Trust,love and believe that you are meant to be together and you can make it through anything.

Jill
www.workbenefitsfromhome.com
www.medicaldentaldiscounts.com

Yes trust is a big key! Without it there is no making it work. I use to worry all the time about what he was doing, and why he didnt answer my call. but im past that now. I trust him.
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#9New Post! Dec 18, 2008 @ 21:39:19
@loveis Said

After having lived together for years, if he suddenly had to up and leave for an extensive amount of time for whatever reason; I know it would survive...I could do it, no problem, and vice versa.

However; if it's someone on the internet, someone you've never met before, and seem to care alot for one another, but a huge distance separates you; then I don't see it personally working, in the long run..for 'me', anyway.

Exactly!! And I can't kudo you.. Would some kind member kudo this brilliant woman for me PWEASE???????
Allyson On January 20, 2010

Deleted

, Michigan
#10New Post! Dec 18, 2008 @ 21:39:52
Sure why not. Lots of husbands and wifes,GF and BF's,that has loved one in the service over seas do it all the time.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#11New Post! Dec 18, 2008 @ 21:40:26
I met my husband on the the internet and we did the long distance thing for about 3yrs, then he moved here and we dated a while (years) and married. All in all we've been together just about 14years. It's working out pretty well Of course complete trust there, and always has been.

in the shadows, Florida
#12New Post! Dec 18, 2008 @ 21:46:27
@DiscordTiger Said

I met my husband on the the internet and we did the long distance thing for about 3yrs, then he moved here and we dated a while (years) and married. All in all we've been together just about 14years. It's working out pretty well Of course complete trust there, and always has been.

Wow that is rare and amazing!!
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#13New Post! Dec 18, 2008 @ 21:51:46
@deadbear05 Said

Wow that is rare and amazing!!

Yeah, I got a lot of crap for it in the beginning. Internet dating wasn't nearly as common as it is now, (or even heard of by everyone) and we were young.

You do have to be careful. I guess we just lucked out, and were "meant to be" or what ever you call it. Not that it isn't work, all relationships take work...we just work together really well.

in the shadows, Florida
#14New Post! Dec 18, 2008 @ 21:55:49
@DiscordTiger Said

Yeah, I got a lot of crap for it in the beginning. Internet dating wasn't nearly as common as it is now, (or even heard of by everyone) and we were young.

You do have to be careful. I guess we just lucked out, and were "meant to be" or what ever you call it. Not that it isn't work, all relationships take work...we just work together really well.

Yeah relationship are tons of work lol but its worth it
jinks On May 17, 2009

Deleted

no place in particular,
#15New Post! Dec 18, 2008 @ 21:56:55
Can you survive a long distance relationship?

I'd like to try ...

"How can I ever miss you if you won't go away?" ~jinks~
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs