The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Can you know God without understanding or recognizing his perfect works?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! May 11, 2011 @ 13:53:59

The whole notion of knowing and following God, is to know how he works and thinks, tied to a belief that he is perfect in all things and has the miracle at hand to create things the way he wants.

Scripture tells us to look to the universe around us for proof of his reality. Logic and reason tell us the same thing. This indicates that we should see the perfection of his works all around us.

Deut 32;4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Mat 7;18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The logic trail of these two verses says that God’s works all begin as perfect and that that perfection is maintain and passed up through history.

I like to think I know a bit about God because, as I look about, I see that ever lasting perfection as it moves to a more perfect state over time. Evolving perfection.
Consider a baby, all babies including you and I.
We all begin life as perfect as nature, or God, can produce with our DNA and all other conditions at hand. This is a truth even if we are born with flaws and is irrefutable in terms of both nature, logic, reason and the Bible.

This truth led to my apotheosis and knowledge of God and nature.
I offer it here for your contemplation and comments.

I cannot see anything that would my view but am willing to listen. If you cannot see the perfection that I do, then I will try to persuade you.

Perhaps the best way to begin would be in you opining on the following and telling me whether you think it is a cynical view of life or if it is a real and true view of life.

Candide
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPClzIsYxvA

Regards
DL
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! May 11, 2011 @ 13:56:04
are you actually asking a question here?
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#3New Post! May 11, 2011 @ 14:15:02
What 'perfect works'?
tariki On September 16, 2012

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! May 11, 2011 @ 19:00:37
@GreatestIam2 Said

The whole notion of knowing and following God, is to know how he works and thinks, tied to a belief that he is perfect in all things and has the miracle at hand to create things the way he wants.

Scripture tells us to look to the universe around us for proof of his reality. Logic and reason tell us the same thing. This indicates that we should see the perfection of his works all around us.

Deut 32;4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Mat 7;18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The logic trail of these two verses says that God’s works all begin as perfect and that that perfection is maintain and passed up through history.

I like to think I know a bit about God because, as I look about, I see that ever lasting perfection as it moves to a more perfect state over time. Evolving perfection.
Consider a baby, all babies including you and I.
We all begin life as perfect as nature, or God, can produce with our DNA and all other conditions at hand. This is a truth even if we are born with flaws and is irrefutable in terms of both nature, logic, reason and the Bible.

This truth led to my apotheosis and knowledge of God and nature.
I offer it here for your contemplation and comments.

I cannot see anything that would my view but am willing to listen. If you cannot see the perfection that I do, then I will try to persuade you.

Perhaps the best way to begin would be in you opining on the following and telling me whether you think it is a cynical view of life or if it is a real and true view of life.

Candide
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPClzIsYxvA

Regards
DL

Candide...............was that Voltaire? The Voltaire who told us that the nose was obviously "designed" to take a pair of spectacles? Perfect for the job!

Sorry, I could not resist...............as wirelessgure has so correctly pointed out, its that pavlovian reaction......uncontrollable....
noseycow On September 03, 2015
x dippy madam x

\"proud blackcountry wench\",
#5New Post! May 11, 2011 @ 19:04:19
hes an evil get

Ottawa, Canada
#6New Post! May 11, 2011 @ 19:47:49
@tariki Said

Candide...............was that Voltaire? The Voltaire who told us that the nose was obviously "designed" to take a pair of spectacles? Perfect for the job!

Sorry, I could not resist...............as wirelessgure has so correctly pointed out, its that pavlovian reaction......uncontrollable....

I am surprised you do not see what I see.

I guess it has to do with how far one looks.

Try it from either natures perspective or even Gods.
Let me know if your view changes.

Regards
DL

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! May 11, 2011 @ 19:54:20
@GreatestIam2 Said

I am surprised you do not see what I see.

I guess it has to do with how far one looks.

Try it from either natures perspective or even Gods.
Let me know if your view changes.

Regards
DL

I was only making a poor joke...........really, I have not considered your view here at all, let alone if I concur.

Ottawa, Canada
#8New Post! May 12, 2011 @ 11:56:22
@tariki Said

I was only making a poor joke...........really, I have not considered your view here at all, let alone if I concur.

Few here have your insight. Care to have a go?

Regards
DL

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#9New Post! May 12, 2011 @ 14:48:48
I do not really think in terms of "knowing" God. It may seem trite, but we CAN know love, yet even here it seems to me that we "know" it filtered through the imperfections of others, or not at all. Imagining some perfect "love" and waiting for it.....well, it seems I would have to miss what is in front of me, when people are giving all they have.

I think we can believe that all things work for the best, in ways beyond our seeing. To a certain extent, I do. But the operative words are "beyond our seeing", at least for me.

Its like in Pure Land, some of its "saints" speak of "gratitude being a lie, for there is nothing wrong with one". I'm not there. I'm grateful every day, almost every moment.

O Saichi! What is your joy?
This world of delusion is my joy!
It contains the seeds of relishing the Dharma!
Namu Amida Butsu is blooming everywhere!
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#10New Post! May 12, 2011 @ 14:51:46
No, we cannot know anything we can't perceive through our senses. The only way we can know of God is by perceiving what he has created, even then how do we know God did it considering there is no empirical evidence for it?
ericmknight1906 On December 15, 2011

Daytona Beach, Florida
#11New Post! May 12, 2011 @ 19:22:49
@treebee Said

are you actually asking a question here?

ditto!

Ottawa, Canada
#12New Post! Jun 20, 2011 @ 11:58:11
@tariki Said

I do not really think in terms of "knowing" God. It may seem trite, but we CAN know love, yet even here it seems to me that we "know" it filtered through the imperfections of others, or not at all. Imagining some perfect "love" and waiting for it.....well, it seems I would have to miss what is in front of me, when people are giving all they have.

I think we can believe that all things work for the best, in ways beyond our seeing. To a certain extent, I do. But the operative words are "beyond our seeing", at least for me.

Its like in Pure Land, some of its "saints" speak of "gratitude being a lie, for there is nothing wrong with one". I'm not there. I'm grateful every day, almost every moment.

O Saichi! What is your joy?
This world of delusion is my joy!
It contains the seeds of relishing the Dharma!
Namu Amida Butsu is blooming everywhere!

Thanks for this partial acceptance of the premise.
Not bad. Not perfect, but not bad.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#13New Post! Jun 20, 2011 @ 12:01:47
@jmo Said

No, we cannot know anything we can't perceive through our senses. The only way we can know of God is by perceiving what he has created, even then how do we know God did it considering there is no empirical evidence for it?

I agree that there is nothing tying some God to creation.

Creation, according to Candide and also the anthropic principle, say that there is evolving perfection without some imaginary overseer.

Regards
DL
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs