Forums: Business & Money:
Jobs & Careers

Cadbury to cut jobs in London!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
salinaa On May 11, 2010

Surrey, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Mar 04, 2010 @ 14:39:48
Well there you have it people Kraft taking over Cadbury has definitely lead to some cuts being made in jobs! The focus on the cuts are primarily going to be on the London Jobs al though some will also be cut Birmingham may also go!

They are saying the jobs are partially due to Cadbury being taken off the Stock Exchange next week???? They do not have a number yet to say how many people will be made redundant! Apparently they want to retain ?skilled? Cadbury people!!!! Hmmmmm! They are estimating the losses to be approximately 150 jobs.

Kraft is definitely going to be making more cuts after this that?s for sure! As it is they have plans to move the factory in Keynsham in 2011! I think price will matter more than keeping UK jobs for them don?t you?

How many more people do you think will be out of work and doing up their CV?s because of them in the next few years?
mark_is_god On June 26, 2015

antrim, Ireland
#2New Post! Mar 04, 2010 @ 15:08:36
as far as i'm aware these cuts were already planned, even before kraft took over cadbury.

so i would be blaming cadbury for the cuts not kraft, after all there's another plant that is being relocated to poland, and this was planned by cadbury years before kraft were involved.
salinaa On May 11, 2010

Surrey, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Mar 04, 2010 @ 15:10:33
Thanks Mark - Silyl article failed to mention that didn't it!!!! LOL
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Mar 04, 2010 @ 15:25:59
I don't care about the London jobs, it's the ones in Keynsham I'm worried about. I live really close to the Fry's factory and I know so many people are going to be affected by job losses and the such. It's such a shame really as it has such a long history.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Mar 04, 2010 @ 15:27:30
@mark_is_god Said

as far as i'm aware these cuts were already planned, even before kraft took over cadbury.

so i would be blaming cadbury for the cuts not kraft, after all there's another plant that is being relocated to poland, and this was planned by cadbury years before kraft were involved.

Yeah the Keynsham factory was originally going to move to Poland but I think the plans stopped or were put on hold due to public demand. I'm pretty sure though that Kraft did say when they took over the company that the factory would stay open, which is what people are so outraged about now that they've made a complete U turn on their decision.
salinaa On May 11, 2010

Surrey, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Mar 08, 2010 @ 15:19:29
I saw something about this in the news this morning - not sure if they were talking about Keynesham or another plant but apparently there is to be some sort of investigation into this as Kraft had promised to keep the plant open when it took over or something?

Hopefully some jobs will be saved as a result?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs