Forums: Business & Money:
Investing

Business Advice in these Times.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
dlsharp On November 30, 2015

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
#1New Post! Oct 10, 2008 @ 04:52:30
I am following the advice of Warren Buffet. I am buying stock in businesses that are on solid ground that have fallen due to lack of confidence of the other investors. You buy when the stock is down and sell when the stock is high. I sold a lot of stock 3 months ago when storm clouds were in the air. I then bought bonds only to sell them today and buy good stock. Check out the history of the businesses you are investing in, it will be helpful. Hope this helps some of you.
rider On September 28, 2009

Deleted

The first one, Australia
#2New Post! Oct 10, 2008 @ 05:04:36
Your a braver man than me.To many times we've seen companies that look good on paper go down the gurgler,and the Investors are left holding the bag,while the company heads still have every thing.
For my Money there's only one sure thing and thats Bricks and Mortar,
Sure it's a slower market,but it's also a proven market that works.
dlsharp On November 30, 2015

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
#3New Post! Oct 10, 2008 @ 05:17:18
@rider Said

Your a braver man than me.To many times we've seen companies that look good on paper go down the gurgler,and the Investors are left holding the bag,while the company heads still have every thing.
For my Money there's only one sure thing and thats Bricks and Mortar,
Sure it's a slower market,but it's also a proven market that works.

Well, rider, the thing is you invest in companies that have real assets and ceo's with investment in the company. For instance, 3 years ago I bought 200 shares of Wal-mart stock at $42.00 a share. I sold it last year at $54.00 a share so I made $2400.00 for two years of investment. Now where am I going to make that kind of money without much risk. To be honest after I sold it, it shot up to $62.00 a share. I sold it at that time because it's history showed that the stock price varied between $42-$52 dollars. You have a lot less risk with blue chip stocks. Enron was a bad investment because it had no assets only contracts. I warned my father but he invested anyway. Now he asks my advice. Nice.

Deleted

The first one, Australia
#4New Post! Oct 10, 2008 @ 05:43:04
Yes you made a good killing there,but it also could have quite easily been a slaughter as well.Your welcome to the Stock Market,I don't trust things very much so I stick to what I know,so I'll just wish you well for the Future.
TheVerasGroupLevi On October 15, 2008

Fort Collins, Colorado
#5New Post! Oct 10, 2008 @ 06:17:54
The stock market and real estate market are both proven investment opportunities. And both are cyclical.

Unfortunate that both are in valleys right now, but the great thing (and some might argue worst thing right now) is that markets correct themselves. Housing and stocks had been unchecked for quite some time and experts in both investment realms predicted such a crisis for years. Maybe not to the degree that we are seeing, but a crisis nonetheless.

But both the real estate market and stock market will rebound...with time.

Sharp and Rider. I'm riding the fence between the both of you. Both of you sound right to me.

Deleted

The first one, Australia
#6New Post! Oct 10, 2008 @ 08:59:45
Well do yourself a real big favour and stay sitting there for the moment.
With the current economic troubles around the world today,I really wouldn't like to know dlsharp and I influenced you to jump in and find out you lost everything before you got started.
I'm sure Dlshard would agree with me,just sit tight for a while.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#7New Post! Oct 10, 2008 @ 16:43:16
Ha. I know exactly what you mean and I am planning on sitting tight for the near future. In fact, maybe for the forseeable future.

Deleted

The first one, Australia
#8New Post! Oct 12, 2008 @ 12:51:06
@TheVerasGroupLevi Said

Ha. I know exactly what you mean and I am planning on sitting tight for the near future. In fact, maybe for the forseeable future.

Smart Man

Fort Collins, Colorado
#9New Post! Oct 15, 2008 @ 21:02:27
Is anyone watching the market today? Talk about a continual rubber band effect of market corrections. Up 1,000 one day, back down 700 right afterwards. Very interesting.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#10New Post! Oct 15, 2008 @ 21:05:07
Buy on the cheap, and hold. Buffett also seems to like dividend stocks.
MoneyLeigh On February 12, 2009

Cleveland, Ohio
#11New Post! Feb 12, 2009 @ 00:05:19
If you have the money to buy now and can wait on your return, then buying now may be for you. But if you don't have the money or you can't wait to see your return I would not buy anything now.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs