Forums:
Politics

Bush's "Battle Cry"?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
BabyRS On February 14, 2015

, Singapore
#1New Post! May 15, 2006 @ 18:07:42
What I know of American Politics is restricted to the news as reported locally, on the Web, and through discussions in forums. We all know that most of the time, reports in the mass media (especially in a "neutral" country) is edited to just the skeletal bare facts... and glossed over to such an extent that it looks more like a Political Studies tutorial, rather than the actual events as it transpired.

I was pretty shocked when I came across this article highlighting Bush's support for the Philadelphia Battle Cry. I've heard of him allegedly being a "Bone & Cult" member of the Bohemian Club, and that he usually asks God for advice on how best to make the next move.

Now this...

*excerpt from article*

"It began with fireworks so loud and startling I screamed. Lights and smoke followed, and a few kids were pulled up on stage from the crowd. One was asked to read a letter.

This was the letter that opened the event. Its author was George W. Bush. Yes, the president of the United States sent a letter of support, greeting, prayer and encouragement to the BattleCry event held at Wachovia Spectrum Stadium in Philadelphia on May 12. Immediately afterward, a preacher took the microphone and led the crowd in prayer. Among other things, he asked the attendees to ?Thank God for giving us George Bush.?

On his cue, about 17,000 youths from upward of 2,000 churches across America and Canada directed their thanks heavenward in unison.

Throughout the three and a half hours of BattleCry?s first session, I thought of only one analogy that fit the experience: This must have been what it felt like to watch the Hitler Youth, filled with self-righteous pride, proclaim the supremacy of their beliefs and their willingness to shed blood for them.

And lest you think this is idle paranoia, BattleCry founder Ron Luce told the crowds the next morning (May 13) that he plans to launch a ?blitzkrieg? in the communities, schools, malls, etc. against those who don?t share his theocratic vision of society."

more...

It never ends, does it?
heltha_rox_on On November 22, 2006

Alston, United Kingdom
#2New Post! May 15, 2006 @ 18:11:33
?Thank God for giving us George Bush.?

What planet is this guy on!?
alljive On March 03, 2007

trondheim, Norway
#3New Post! May 15, 2006 @ 18:31:33
Watching american politics I am struck by how ridiculous it seems. In american politics there seems to be Two sides to everything, one bad and one good,and never changing your mind is a GOOD thing even when faced with overwhelming evidence that you are wrong.

But the most dangerous argument of all is this: You should support the president, even when he IS wrong, because he's The President.

It just doesn't make sense to me.
seekurbliss On January 22, 2007

Memphis, Tennessee
#4New Post! May 15, 2006 @ 18:38:04
My son showed me a video all about the Skull & Bones crap at Yale-
woohoo Bush!
You make me so proud.

If you haven't seen it-
Google it-
it's out there.
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#5New Post! May 15, 2006 @ 21:53:05
I couldn't stop laughing at her writing. She has a good sense of humour.

there is most likely a mixture of hype and truth as media and political people do so well.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#6New Post! May 15, 2006 @ 21:55:08
I'm so glad not to be american sometimes
st0nerdude On March 28, 2009

pfft, Denmark
#7New Post! May 15, 2006 @ 22:24:28
*phew* *realises he's not in the least bit bothered about dam American politics**runs away*
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs