Bush: "Childrens do learn"...lol

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#16New Post! Jul 17, 2012 @ 11:56:28
@DorkySupergirl Said

He also forgot to say thank you to Canada for all we did for America after Sept 11th. We were expecting a thank you, no that is what you do for your fellow man in such times but he made a speech and thanked every other country who helped in some way and did not thank us at all.

“America will never forget the sounds of our national anthem playing at Buckingham Palace, on the streets of Paris and at Berlin’s Brandenburg Gate.” The president singled out South Korea, Egypt, Australia, Africa, Latin America, Pakistan, Israel, India, El Salvador, Iran, Mexico, Japan, and Britain for thanks, commendation or remembrance."

There were over 30,000 Americans stranded travelers and Canadians took them into their homes, provided shelter, food and anything else needed. Canadian pharmacists filled their prescriptions for FREE since many needed their medicines and he did not thank us but he could remember to thank countries that simply played the US anthem and had a moment of silence.

It was a cut deep to our hearts that day. As I said, we do not expect a thank you, we are Canadian and that is how we treat people and come to the aid of our fellow man but to thank everyone else and not us was shocking to us to say the least.

@TenaciousDave Said

For all we know, Bush thought that Canada was a small town in Alaska.

I'm assuming that he just thought that Canada was part of the US, but since it's a "blue" state, he didn't bother thinking about it much.
TenaciousDave On February 11, 2022
The Anus Of Satan

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#17New Post! Jul 17, 2012 @ 12:00:36
@boxerdc Said

I'm assuming that he just thought that Canada was part of the US, but since it's a "blue" state, he didn't bother thinking about it much.

Or he just had his head up his a** as usual.

Deleted

#18New Post! Jul 17, 2012 @ 12:13:36
@TenaciousDave Said

Or he just had his head up his a** as usual.

I used to think that he called his mother to ask for "facts" before he spoke.. Because she's a feral pig with rabies, and has about as much social sense as a wolverine.
The Anus Of Satan

#19New Post! Jul 17, 2012 @ 12:23:15
@boxerdc Said

I used to think that he called his mother to ask for "facts" before he spoke.. Because she's a feral pig with rabies, and has about as much social sense as a wolverine.

You have a crush on Barbara Bush,don't you?
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#20New Post! Jul 17, 2012 @ 12:42:52
"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something."

"The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system."

"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems."—Barack Obama, attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go."

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed."—Barack Obama, on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

"What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith."

"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries."

"One such translator was an American of Haitian descent, representative of the extraordinary work that our men and women in uniform do all around the world, Navy ‘Corpse’-Man Christian Brossard.”

"Now, what we’re doing, I want to be clear, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned."

"It was also interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There's a lot of -- I don't know what the term is in ‘Austrian’, wheeling and dealing."

"We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad."

"Just this past week, we passed out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee -- which is my committee -- a bill to call for divestment from Iran as way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't obtain a nuclear weapon." --referring to a committee he is not on.

"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's"

"How's it going, Sunshine?" --campaigning in Sunrise, Florida

“The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person…”

"Now, some have said I blame too many problems on my predecessor, but let's not forget that's a practice that was initiated by George W. Bush.'"

"I mean, look at this party. We've got men in tuxes, women in gowns, fine wine, first-class entertainment. I was just relieved to learn this was not a GSA conference."

"In my first term, we passed health care reform. In my second term, I guess I'll pass it again."

"If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome."

"He's warm, he's cuddly, loyal, enthusiastic; you just have to keep him in on a tight leash -- every once in a while he goes charging off and gets himself into trouble. Enough about Joe Biden."

"It's been quite a year since I've spoken here last. Lots of ups, lots of downs, except for my approval ratings, which have just gone down. But that's politics, it doesn't bother me. Besides, I happen to know that my approval ratings are still very high in the country of my birth."

On TSA pat-downs: "America's favorite voyeur, TSA Administrator John Pistole is in the house. No hard feelings, John. I mean that literally. Please."

"I love the press. I even sat for an interview with Bill O'Reilly right before the Super Bowl. That was a change of pace. I don't often get a chance to be in a room with an ego that's bigger than mine."

On his Teleprompter: "In the next hundred days, I will learn to go off prompter -- and Joe Biden will learn to stay on it."

“Before one trip across enemy lines, resistance fighters told him that Jews were being murdered on a massive scale and smuggled him into the Warsaw Ghetto and a Polish death camp to see for himself.”

Obama allegedly gave Brown a "special collector's box" of 25 classic American DVDs while Brown gave the U.S. President an ornamental pen holder made from the timbers of the Victorian anti-slave ship HMS Gannet and a first edition of the seven-volume biography of Churchill by Sir Martin Gilbert, among other things. 10 Downing Street reportedly tried to keep Obama's gift to the PM a secret. Once the gesture was made public, they declined to say what movies were included in the set.

“Throughout our history, America’s confronted constantly evolving danger, from the oppression of an empire, to the lawlessness of the frontier, from the bomb that fell on Pearl Harbor, to the threat of nuclear annihilation.”

“The objective of this trip was to have substantive discussions with people like President Karzai or Prime Minister Maliki or President Sarkozy or others who I expect to be dealing with over the next 8 to 10 years.”

“I had an uncle who was part of the first American troops to go into Auschwitz and liberate the concentration camps.”—The Soviets liberated Auschwitz.

“The Time Has Changed For Come.” (Of course we don’t know how he was spelling that in his head.)

"I'm always worried about using the word 'victory,' because, you know, it invokes this notion of Emperor Hirohito coming down and signing a surrender to MacArthur"

The TelePrompTer instructs our president to say he wants to "halt the rise of privacy".

“All My Friends In Chicago Were Jewish.”

Campaign slogan ‘Winning the Future’ equates to the acronym, “WTF”. (Can I have an Amen!)

Deleted

#21New Post! Jul 17, 2012 @ 12:46:02
@TenaciousDave Said

You have a crush on Barbara Bush,don't you?

I led the campaign to have her portrait put on the one dollar bill.

I think it's a good likeness.
The Anus Of Satan

#22New Post! Jul 17, 2012 @ 12:49:00
@boxerdc Said

I led the campaign to have her portrait put on the one dollar bill.

I think it's a good likeness.

George is more feminine looking than Barbara.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#23New Post! Jul 17, 2012 @ 13:45:25
@TenaciousDave Said

If you do not expect a thank you,then why were you so upset when Bush didn't give you a thank you?

Are you trying to troll me?

We took over 30,000 Americans into our homes, our private residential homes and let them stay with us for free while they were stranded.

With our own money, money we need to pay our mortgage, car payment etc, we fed the people in our homes who were stranded. While they were stranded for weeks.

If they needed money because they were traveling and were stranded, we gave our own money to them. No loan, no pay me back, here just have it because you need it.

All their prescriptions were filled for free.

He gave a speech and thanked any country who's leader called and gave sympathy, he thanked any country who took a moment of silence, he thanked any country who played the American national anthem. But in his speech thanking countries, he forgot us and you do not know why that is hurtful to us?

If he took the time to thank everyone in a speech, its hurtful to be forgotten when one country did the most out of all who were thanked. It was a slap in the face and made it seem like no one was grateful for what we did.
The Anus Of Satan

#24New Post! Jul 17, 2012 @ 13:53:54
@DorkySupergirl Said

Are you trying to troll me?

We took over 30,000 Americans into our homes, our private residential homes and let them stay with us for free while they were stranded.

With our own money, money we need to pay our mortgage, car payment etc, we fed the people in our homes who were stranded. While they were stranded for weeks.

If they needed money because they were traveling and were stranded, we gave our own money to them. No loan, no pay me back, here just have it because you need it.

All their prescriptions were filled for free.

He gave a speech and thanked any country who's leader called and gave sympathy, he thanked any country who took a moment of silence, he thanked any country who played the American national anthem. But in his speech thanking countries, he forgot us and you do not know why that is hurtful to us?

If he took the time to thank everyone in a speech, its hurtful to be forgotten when one country did the most out of all who were thanked. It was a slap in the face and made it seem like no one was grateful for what we did.

No,I wasn't trying to troll you. But you contradicted yourself in that last paragraph and I was just asking a simple question.

But yeah,Bush was a complete f***ing moron.

And thanks Canada for all your contributions.

, Canada
#25New Post! Jul 17, 2012 @ 14:10:11
@TenaciousDave Said

No,I wasn't trying to troll you. But you contradicted yourself in that last paragraph and I was just asking a simple question.

But yeah,Bush was a complete f***ing moron.

And thanks Canada for all your contributions.

Maybe I could have worded it better, it was late when I made the post and now its too early to think.

It was more we did not do all that for a thank you we really did it because that is the kind of people we are. But if he was giving a speech to thank countries he should have thanked us is all and it was really hurtful when he forgot us and thanked everyone else when he decided to thank countries.

Its like if you have a sick friend and went to take care of him/her every day. If you cooked their meals, helped them shower, paid their bills with your own money because they had none since they were too sick to work. You do that because you care but if they got better and had a party to celebrate and decided to give a thank you speech and they thanked people who came to see them once or one time brought them a sandwich but forgot to thank you, it would be hurtful even if you did not do it for the thank you.

So I am not trying to be contradictory but if one decides to thank everyone for their help and starts listing people and you forgot the one who did the most for you, its hurtful to that person even if they did it out of the good of their heart and not for the thank you, its hurtful to be forgotten.

Deleted

#26New Post! Jul 17, 2012 @ 14:13:49
@DorkySupergirl Said

Maybe I could have worded it better, it was late when I made the post and now its too early to think.

It was more we did not do all that for a thank you we really did it because that is the kind of people we are.

I've met some Canadians who were total d*** heads.. But they were from Quebec..
The Anus Of Satan

#27New Post! Jul 17, 2012 @ 14:34:48
@DorkySupergirl Said

It was more we did not do all that for a thank you we really did it because that is the kind of people we are. But if he was giving a speech to thank countries he should have thanked us is all and it was really hurtful when he forgot us and thanked everyone else when he decided to thank countries.

Its like if you have a sick friend and went to take care of him/her every day. If you cooked their meals, helped them shower, paid their bills with your own money because they had none since they were too sick to work. You do that because you care but if they got better and had a party to celebrate and decided to give a thank you speech and they thanked people who came to see them once or one time brought them a sandwich but forgot to thank you, it would be hurtful even if you did not do it for the thank you.

So I am not trying to be contradictory but if one decides to thank everyone for their help and starts listing people and you forgot the one who did the most for you, its hurtful to that person even if they did it out of the good of their heart and not for the thank you, its hurtful to be forgotten.

I honestly don't remember this incident with all the madness that was on the TV everyday back then. So I just did a Google search and found this...

https://www.frumforum.com/why-bush-didnt-mention-canada-after-911/

Quote:
What the hell happened, anyway? I wanted to know. Was this some kind of payback to Jean Chretien? (The Bush-Chretien relationship was notoriously poor.) If so, please remember that 60% of Canadians did not vote for Jean Chretien. Why insult them?

No, no, no came the answer. It wasn’t that at all, it wasn’t personal.

Well what was it then?

Gerson shuffled in embarrassment. “We just … forgot.”

They just forgot? There's the Bush Administration for ya.

, Canada
#28New Post! Jul 17, 2012 @ 16:14:34
@boxerdc Said

I've met some Canadians who were total d*** heads.. But they were from Quebec..

We do not really consider them Canadian as they also do not consider themselves Canadian thus their always trying to separate from us and be their own country. Its also why its considered very rude and a huge insult to mistake a Quebecois for a French Canadian and vice versa. That will start a glove drop for sure.

@TenaciousDave Said

I honestly don't remember this incident with all the madness that was on the TV everyday back then. So I just did a Google search and found this...

https://www.frumforum.com/why-bush-didnt-mention-canada-after-911/

They just forgot? There's the Bush Administration for ya.

Pretty much. I know the American people were also very upset he forgot us. On the news after, I remember they interviewed some Americans and they expressed anger Bush forgot us and gave us heartfelt thanks.

I think and my memory is fuzzy on this, when Bush was asked why he forgot us because this made big time news, his forgetting us, he said something like Canada is part of America so it would be like thanking our own people. so perhaps he thought Canada was the 51st state.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#29New Post! Jul 17, 2012 @ 18:05:09
@TenaciousDave Said

For all we know, Bush thought that Canada was a small town in Alaska.

Where Palin can see Russia from?
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#30New Post! Jul 17, 2012 @ 18:05:50
@DorkySupergirl Said

He also forgot to say thank you to Canada for all we did for America after Sept 11th. We were expecting a thank you, no that is what you do for your fellow man in such times but he made a speech and thanked every other country who helped in some way and did not thank us at all.

“America will never forget the sounds of our national anthem playing at Buckingham Palace, on the streets of Paris and at Berlin’s Brandenburg Gate.” The president singled out South Korea, Egypt, Australia, Africa, Latin America, Pakistan, Israel, India, El Salvador, Iran, Mexico, Japan, and Britain for thanks, commendation or remembrance."

There were over 30,000 Americans stranded travelers and Canadians took them into their homes, provided shelter, food and anything else needed. Canadian pharmacists filled their prescriptions for FREE since many needed their medicines and he did not thank us but he could remember to thank countries that simply played the US anthem and had a moment of silence.

It was a cut deep to our hearts that day. As I said, we do not expect a thank you, we are Canadian and that is how we treat people and come to the aid of our fellow man but to thank everyone else and not us was shocking to us to say the least.

We rarely thank family!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs