Bush budget targets military health costs

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#1New Post! Feb 21, 2006 @ 19:11:18
Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Bush administration wants many military retirees to pay more for health care, a proposal that could force the Republican-run Congress to choose between savvy politics and budget discipline.

Whenever the republicans need to make budget cuts because they have been spending too much, they always go after health care first!

Full Story
stenise On June 24, 2007

Little Rock, Arkansas
#2New Post! Feb 21, 2006 @ 19:16:46
it does seem that way doesn't it! I guess because most republicans can afford to boast a penny or two in health care, they don't think about us budget savvy folks that have to pinch harder to the penny
I just think it's ridiculous to ask a vet to pay more, those who have served this country and they want to cut their health care, when most of them are needing health care because they served the gov't. and got sick of doing it! ( )
But I was watching the CNN or something and they said the cost of the war has hit the mega billions and they can't even help ppl in their own country live, but can pay to kill off "insurgents"
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#3New Post! Feb 21, 2006 @ 19:31:53
"Kick the wee man" would be what we call that sort of action.

It's typical of governments throughout the world. They pick on the weakest people but fail to address big business.

Why doesn't Bush & Co go tothe big companies that are making billions from Iraq and say to them "Listen folks your going to get upteen million from the US taxpayer when we invade the next country so before I agree to send the boys in I want a slice of the action. That slice goes to provide very good health care for the folks disabled in the invasion and the clean up.

My Granda was brought of a hospital boat having finished the war wounded in a prison camp. As he got off the boat that critically sick man was asked to sign a clipboard as did every man carried off that boat. That paper he signed was his discharge papers from the British Army saying he was being returned to civilian life in the same physical condition he was in when he signed up. He died a few months later and my Granny got not a penny from the British government to help raise their three sons.

Aye kick the wee man you bully!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs