February 27, 2019 @ 12:39:06 pm
Why do people bully?

Quote | Reply

gakINGKONG

New Post! February 27, 2019 @ 02:00:34 pm
@Erimitus Said
Why do people bully?

It's a wriggle term short for "undesirable peer pressure."

The real trick is to find a way to make people do things they don't want to do and keep the moral high ground.

If I could master that, I would be the newly anointed Grandmaster Emperor Pope of the Universal Church of Awesome.

But I don't have that.

So, the real goal for me is to find a way to selectively bully which means basically not throwing my temper around at work or public areas in a way that's going to interfere with my job or give cause for my wife to divorce.

Bullying appears to be more and more common but I think that it's only true because the commonly agreed upon moral platform of society is shrinking.

Eaglebauer

New Post! February 27, 2019 @ 03:18:39 pm
Because s*** flows downhill.

chaski

Stalker

New Post! February 27, 2019 @ 03:57:38 pm
There are, no doubt, different kinds of bullying that are perpetrated for different reasons.

1. Sometimes bullying is done out of fear: We might repress a group of people because they are different, and (ultimately) we are afraid fo them.

2. Sometimes bullying is done out of habit: Think fraternity hazing. It is a sort of obstacle for the "victim" of the hazing to prove his worth and loyalty to the fraternity.

3. Sometimes it is a sort of reset button: Think military boot camp. It is a technique to equalize recruits (socially and psychologically) and break the recruit of past (unwanted) behavior patterns.

4. Sometimes it is done as a sort of revenge: You or people like you treated me poorly, so now that I have power I'm going to get even.

5. Sometimes it is done to make themselves feel better: This is somewhat similar to #4, but instead of targeting people that mistreated you it is more of a deflection. Sort of: My dad bullies me, so I'm going to bully others.

6. Sometimes it is because the bully is just mentally unstable.

7. There are probably other reasons, so... Etc.

One could probably boil it down to: "We" bully others to make ourselves feel better; the actually motivations being varied.

Darkman666

New Post! February 27, 2019 @ 04:44:41 pm
when I was younger, I been bully more than once. it has to with peer pressure and fear of the bully not accept me as a equal. some of my bullies in my life, in time, we became good friends for life. it's depends on the why the person is bullying you in the first place.

gakINGKONG

New Post! February 27, 2019 @ 04:50:42 pm
@Eaglebauer Said

Because s*** flows downhill.

better snowballs and cars and tumbling children

truthfully I think this is a mythbusters challenge inasmuchas I have yet to see rolling turds

Oh wait the dung beetle!

But, do you count dung beetles?

When SH1t rolls downhill it must be unassisted to include not rolling it into balls (obviously this doesn't mean the rabbit poo already ball-shaped)--correct?

Alot of times the poo I see wouldn't roll.

mrmhead

New Post! February 27, 2019 @ 04:50:45 pm
@chaski Said

One could probably boil it down to: "We" bully others to make ourselves feel better; the actually motivations being varied.

That's what I would have said ... though without the auto-spell-corrected grammatical errors.
... well, that's what I assume it is, and not that you are extremely grammatically challenged as displayed in numerous posts by you

mrmhead

New Post! February 27, 2019 @ 04:53:15 pm
@gakINGKONG Said

truthfully I think this is a mythbusters challenge inasmuchas I have yet to see rolling turds

Oh wait the dung beetle!

When SH1t rolls downhill it must be unassisted to include not rolling it into balls (obviously this doesn't mean the rabbit poo already ball-shaped)--correct?

There was that one thread about cube turds

chaski

Stalker

New Post! February 27, 2019 @ 05:13:13 pm
@mrmhead Said

That's what I would have said ... though without the auto-spell-corrected grammatical errors.
... well, that's what I assume it is, and not that you are extremely grammatically challenged as displayed in numerous posts by you

I'm typically good at grammar, though poor at spelling... toss in the auto-correct function (which I think was created by one or more people who just want to f__K around with the rest of us)... it can make for interesting sentences.

Darkman666

New Post! February 27, 2019 @ 06:42:46 pm
with my bad grammar, I tried for 6 months with auto spelling websites, give you words first to see those the words are looking for. if I don't how the word is spelling the first place, that doesn't help to put a list for to choose from. I misspell a word, or left a letter out. it might help me.

now, I use cortana for my spelling now, it really help me. on Saturday night, it took a long time to convince her. but, cortana and I are going on a date. wish me luck!

DiscordTiger

The Queen of Random

Administrator
New Post! February 27, 2019 @ 07:51:20 pm
@chaski Said

I'm typically good at grammar, though poor at spelling... toss in the auto-correct function (which I think was created by one or more people who just want to f__K around with the rest of us)... it can make for interesting sentences.

or duck around, as the case maybe. But yeah, I am also a bad speller and typist. I edit extensively for work and classes, but everything else, i just go with the flow.

which is apparently downhill

Eaglebauer

New Post! February 27, 2019 @ 08:34:47 pm
@gakINGKONG Said

Oh wait the dung beetle!

Often times a big bad bully is being bullied by someone else bigger and badder.

chaski

Stalker

New Post! February 27, 2019 @ 08:42:18 pm
@DiscordTiger Said

or duck around, as the case maybe. But yeah, I am also a bad speller and typist. I edit extensively for work and classes, but everything else, i just go with the flow.

which is apparently downhill

OK... the TRUTH... I, as a member of the Illuminati, actually screw up my spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc on purpose as I am hiding secret messages in my posts....

...messages that will only be translated by some geek conspiracy theorist in a few hundred year or so.

Darkman666

New Post! February 27, 2019 @ 09:06:11 pm
@chaski Said

OK... the TRUTH... I, as a member of the Illuminati, actually screw up my spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc on purpose as I am hiding secret messages in my posts....

...messages that will only be translated by some geek conspiracy theorist in a few hundred year or so.

that's big deal, I thought tell you really wear a red dress, instead, a blue dress. when you stalking and saying " peekie-boo! " to squirrels, when you are standing on a tree branch outside the white house.

gakINGKONG

New Post! February 28, 2019 @ 12:33:46 am
@Eaglebauer Said

Often times a big bad bully is being bullied by someone else bigger and badder.

I put a baby in my batter it will make my bigger bully badder but a bit of better butter will make the bigger bully better.

Pages: 1 2 · >>
Quote | Reply