College Life

Budget Cuts, Tuition Hikes, Fewer Classes

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#1New Post! Apr 25, 2009 @ 01:08:52
For those of you that attend either a University, Community, or State College...I want to know what you think of your schools budget cuts, tuition, scholarship funding, and the amount of classes you are offered a semester.

Of course in this economy, many colleges and universities have had major budget cuts, tuition increases...and its that time of the year where our senators and legislators are figuring out/approving what next fiscal years budget will be.

I know many states are different...though it seems as though many institutions have suffered budget cuts and more across the board.

What do you think about it...do you care?
If so...how does it affect you.
Has it altered your plans?
What do you think should be done?
And mainly how do you feel about it all.

Thanks.
vekta On November 18, 2013

#2New Post! Apr 25, 2009 @ 02:01:54
It just doesn't work. For all the cryin and yelling they're doing about wanted to improve education it's just not going to happen if something isn't actually done about it.

Specially when it's your own state pulling the academic rug out from under you and your school.
tardcore On May 24, 2010

Deleted

Between a rock and another roc
#3New Post! Apr 25, 2009 @ 06:39:09
IDK, the tuition at my community college is kind of high, although there hasn't been a big hike in the 3 years I've been going there. They offer a lot of classes though. I just wish the government would realize the long term effect on strengthening the infrastructure by putting more funds INTO education instead of cutting it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs