Breaking News: Fmr.Marine Arrested for facebook Post

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
Lil_O_Me On August 22, 2012

Deleted

, Kentucky
#1New Post! Aug 21, 2012 @ 02:34:52
Ex Marine is arrested for posting on facebook.
ShadowFast On February 07, 2014

Olympia, Washington
#2New Post! Aug 21, 2012 @ 03:20:31
Hmmm I wonder if there is any "Fine" print in those "papers" signed when you give yourself away to the government. Considering they took him to a mental hospital, it would seem that they needed something else to lean on along with whatever "fine" print that they can claim.

He may know something... he may know nothing (just a concerned citizen)... regardless he is a "credible source" to the public... and I don't think that government likes that.

Crappy... and not cool... but, I feel that being an ex-marine (any part of the government) they should...almost already be aware of the "target" that they voluntarily placed on their backs.

No volunteer government ball and chain for this guy. I do respect and appreciate those who do step up though.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#3New Post! Aug 21, 2012 @ 15:24:01
That's his mother talking. She is very vague, gave us nothing to have an opinion about really.

The government doesn't just arrest people without cause. Clearly.- There was a cause for this.
I would love very much to hear what the cause is; and I'm sure we will in due time.
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Aug 21, 2012 @ 15:39:17
I know that when you leave the British army, you sign a legal disclaimer. This is a legal document, it covers things like this. If you break it and get caught, you are opening yourself up for a whole load of s***.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#5New Post! Aug 21, 2012 @ 16:02:05
@sTreetAngeL Said

That's his mother talking. She is very vague, gave us nothing to have an opinion about really.

The government doesn't just arrest people without cause. Clearly.- There was a cause for this.
I would love very much to hear what the cause is; and I'm sure we will in due time.

The only things I have been able to find are videos of him being arrested. I am not an expert on American law but common sense would dictate, the FBI and Secret Service do not just show up at your home and arrest you for no reason.

I am not able to find out anything from a reliable news source as to what really happened.

Deleted

, Kentucky
#6New Post! Aug 21, 2012 @ 16:07:13
I found more on this subject.

More on the marine arrested
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#7New Post! Aug 21, 2012 @ 16:18:38
@DorkySupergirl Said

The only things I have been able to find are videos of him being arrested. I am not an expert on American law but common sense would dictate, the FBI and Secret Service do not just show up at your home and arrest you for no reason.

I am not able to find out anything from a reliable news source as to what really happened.

Exactly.

@Lil_O_Me Said

He clearly has some issues that need adressing...The releash of this information is premature; meant to stir s*** amongst unthinking individuals.

The fact that he is an "ex" Marine does not release him from his obligations, and agreements; which I'm guessing is the root of this case.

, Canada
#8New Post! Aug 21, 2012 @ 16:22:23
@Lil_O_Me Said

Thank you very much. For some reason I found it hard to get more info on this.

I want to first make it very clear I have much respect and appreciation for anyone who serves their country, they are heroes to me.

However, according to this, it is being alleged he had a second FB where his posts were deemed terrorist in nature. Again, I am not an expert on American Law or an expert on The Patriotic Act but I would think it must be very serious comments made for the FBI and Secret Service to get involved and not just a random one or two posts of not liking Obama, Romney or whoever. This must be quite serious.

I would think as a former Marine he would have signed a contract regarding what he could and could not say about the government but this seems to go further than that. I mean, he is alleged to have accused former President Bush of sexually assaulting little children in a secret castle. These do not seem to be the posts of someone who is mentally stable.

He is also accused of assaulting an officer and resisting arrest and brought in for psychological assessment.

I think when certain comments are made, free speech or not, some warrant police or FBI investigating and this seems to be the case here. Going beyond who to vote for and why he does not like some politician to unstable comments that could be deemed as threats.

, Canada
#9New Post! Aug 21, 2012 @ 16:25:50
@sTreetAngeL Said

Exactly.

He clearly has some issues that need adressing...The releash of this information is premature; meant to stir s*** amongst unthinking individuals.

The fact that he is an "ex" Marine does not release him from his obligations, and agreements; which I'm guessing is the root of this case.

I have found when people make rambling comments on FB that comment about "sharpening up my ax, here to sever heads" as this man did and then go on and commit a crime, people are outraged that no one prevented it since it was all on FB and they say it should have been a warning. Then when someone does make these comments and FBI show up because they are taking it as a warning, people think its gone too far and violation of freedom of speech and all this other stuff.

So what one do people want. Do you want to blame police or government AFTER a crime for not doing anything and not taking FB threats seriously or do you want to moan and b**** when they try to do something BEFORE and say its a violation of free speech.

Sometimes is damned if you do and damned if you don't.

If it turns out to be nothing, I would be most happy but what if this prevented this man from going on a killing spree because he was disturbed.
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#10New Post! Aug 21, 2012 @ 16:31:06
@DorkySupergirl Said

I have found when people make rambling comments on FB that comment about "sharpening up my ax, here to sever heads" as this man did and then go on and commit a crime, people are outraged that no one prevented it since it was all on FB and they say it should have been a warning. Then when someone does make these comments and FBI show up because they are taking it as a warning, people think its gone too far and violation of freedom of speech and all this other stuff.

So what one do people want. Do you want to blame police or government AFTER a crime for not doing anything and not taking FB threats seriously or do you want to moan and b**** when they try to do something BEFORE and say its a violation of free speech.

Sometimes is damned if you do and damned if you don't.

If it turns out to be nothing, I would be most happy but what if this prevented this man from going on a killing spree because he was disturbed.

Exactly; was the point I was going to make! They can't win for losing!

I'm glad the authorities take these precautions...The way I see it, if people aren't up to no good, they should happily comply; realizing it's necessary to our safety, for our own good.

, Canada
#11New Post! Aug 21, 2012 @ 16:34:31
@sTreetAngeL Said

Exactly; was the point I was going to make! They can't win for losing!

I'm glad the authorities take these precautions...The way I see it, if people aren't up to no good, they should happily comply; realizing it's necessary to our safety, for our own good.

Yes, I agree. I would much rather police or government investigate something that turns out to be nothing than not to investigate and have it end up where it was something and someone went on some rampage.
Drgnfly83 On September 02, 2014

, Virginia
#12New Post! Aug 21, 2012 @ 16:37:43
Dude needs some help. That much is clear.

Deleted

, Kentucky
#13New Post! Aug 21, 2012 @ 16:38:47
I agree it's best to be safe and check it out.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#14New Post! Aug 21, 2012 @ 16:40:39
@DorkySupergirl Said

But, you can visit his FB-page, and read what he wrote, and make some of your own conclusions....

This incident -- and the lack of details -- smacks of something LESS than the "taking into custody, through due-process of law," a citizen who was exercising his freedom to speak.

Unfortunately, those who say bold things, exercising their Freedom of Speech, under the 1st Amendment, are often forgetful of the fact that they also must bear the brunt of the consequences that follow from saying those bold things... whether or not they were spoken out against the government.

, Canada
#15New Post! Aug 21, 2012 @ 16:47:03
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

But, you can visit his FB-page, and read what he wrote, and make some of your own conclusions....

This incident -- and the lack of details -- smacks of something LESS than the "taking into custody, through due-process of law," a citizen who was exercising his freedom to speak.

Unfortunately, those who say bold things, exercising their Freedom of Speech, under the 1st Amendment, are often forgetful of the fact that they also must bear the brunt of the consequences that follow from saying those bold things... whether or not they were spoken out against the government.

I was able to find some of his posts. Like I said, maybe this will turn out to be nothing but I would rather the police and government investigate when someone talks of sharpening an ax to sever heads than not to investigate and have them really go out with an ax and sever heads.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs