Politics

Breaking: FBI Reopens Investigation Into Clinton Emails

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>
Sandrocksonic On November 05, 2020

Randallstown, Maryland
#1New Post! Oct 29, 2016 @ 00:56:57
FBI looking into "new developments" after previously recommending no charges against Democrat candidate

Adan Salazar - October 28, 2016

The FBI on Friday announced it is reopening its investigation into Hillary Clinton’s private email server, another shocking October surprise for the Democrat candidate days from the presidential election.

In a letter to committees and lawmakers relevant to the matter, FBI Director James Comey cited “recent developments” for the bureau’s decision to look into new emails which may contain classified information and how they may relate to its previous investigation.

“In previous congressional testimony, I referred to the fact that the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) had completed its investigation of former Secretary Clinton’s personal email server. Due to recent developments, I am writing to supplement my previous testimony,” Comey wrote in the letter obtained by CNBC .

“In connection with an unrelated case, the FBI has learned of the existence of emails that appear to be pertinent to the investigation. I am writing to inform you that the investigative team briefed me on this yesterday, and I agreed that the FBI should take appropriate investigative steps designed to allow investigators to review these emails to determine whether they contain classified information, as well as to assess their importance to our investigation.”

“Although the FBI cannot yet assess whether or not this material may be signifcant, and I cannot predict how long it will take us to complete this additional work, I believe it is important to update your Committees about our efforts in light of my previous testimony,” Comey stated.

Read More Here
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Oct 29, 2016 @ 01:00:59
@Sandrocksonic Said

FBI looking into "new developments" after previously recommending no charges against Democrat candidate

Clinton calls on FBI to release 'full and complete facts' of email review.

"Voting is underway, so the American people deserve to get the full and complete facts immediately," Clinton said

https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/28/politics/fbi-reviewing-new-emails-in-clinton-probe-director-tells-senate-judiciary-committee/index.html
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Oct 29, 2016 @ 01:23:52
it take backbone to challenge fbi, Hillary going let won't this email stop her from campaigning.

Hillary was try to hide, she will stop her campaign now, and be out of the public eye until the eve of November 8.

she is will to face the price tag, whatever it takes. if she has to go to jail, or even be impeach, if she win. so be it!

that take courage something that American people will accept as a leader of our country.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#4New Post! Oct 29, 2016 @ 01:47:18
@twilitezone911 Said

it take backbone to challenge fbi, Hillary going let won't this email stop her from campaigning.

Hillary was try to hide, she will stop her campaign now, and be out of the public eye until the eve of November 8.

she is will to face the price tag, whatever it takes. if she has to go to jail, or even be impeach, if she win. so be it!

that take courage something that American people will accept as a leader of our country.

Now there's a thought...how about....

A) Hillary gets elected, then impeached, kicked out of office and we are left with Tim Kaine.

or

B) Trump gets elected, then impeached (for the Trump Univ. case...which no one seems to be paying attention to), kicked out of office and we are left with Mike Pence.

Hmmmmm......

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Oct 29, 2016 @ 02:04:04
@chaski Said

Now there's a thought...how about....

A) Hillary gets elected, then impeached, kicked out of office and we are left with Tim Kaine.

or

B) Trump gets elected, then impeached (for the Trump Univ. case...which no one seems to be paying attention to), kicked out of office and we are left with Mike Pence.

Hmmmmm......

what happen if Hillary is arrest before November 8. the election is cancel. if Hillary drop out the election.

can Bernie run for the democrat party to replace Hillary, possible still have the election before January?

does democrats have another convention to vote for Bernie to represent the democrats?
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#6New Post! Oct 29, 2016 @ 02:23:57
@twilitezone911 Said

what happen if Hillary is arrest before November 8.

Biden steps in... everyone votes for Biden...we all win...!!!!

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Oct 29, 2016 @ 02:31:38
@chaski Said

I was been thinking about I came up with biden. because I wasn't sure I know or thought Obama had stay in office, a new president is swore in. or speaker of the house become president in January.

does biden have a choice,he could turn down the job, because of his health or other reasons?
bobbimay On February 11, 2024

Tucson, Arizona
#8New Post! Oct 29, 2016 @ 12:08:13
@twilitezone911 Said

what happen if Hillary is arrest before November 8. the election is cancel. if Hillary drop out the election.

can Bernie run for the democrat party to replace Hillary, possible still have the election before January?

does democrats have another convention to vote for Bernie to represent the democrats?

No they can't cancel the election..there are other people on the ballots..

People have already been voting with early voting...

So to have Bernie or Biden win everyone left would have to write in their names as a write in ...many problems there with having to spell his/their names right.
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#9New Post! Oct 29, 2016 @ 12:39:57
@bobbimay Said

So to have Bernie or Biden win everyone left would have to write in their names as a write in ...many problems there with having to spell his/their names right.

Voters would probably butcher McMullin's name.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Oct 29, 2016 @ 12:47:14
@bobbimay Said

thanks for information. I thought the case with Bernie. I forgot early voters. it probably unfair to other voters if they held early voters votes.

I guess they hold their ballet 's results for new election, they can't vote again.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#11New Post! Oct 29, 2016 @ 15:18:16
@chaski Said

Nope! Obama stays in & we become a state of Kenya!!!!!! Thanks Obama
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#12New Post! Oct 29, 2016 @ 16:26:33
Regarding Clinton Emails....

The more I read about this idiocy, the more it becomes clear to me that while using a private server was a dumb idea, it wasn't some criminal conspiracy scheme invented and directed by Clinton.

The entire thing actually shows to me not that Clinton is a super villain, but rather that her staff were idiots.

> Her IT guy was apparently an incompetent idiot who didn't know and/or institute proper IT security measures. Any advice he gave her was probably self serving (to himself) and done with the intent of securing his position.

> Her legal counsel should have been much more cynical and conservative in their advice, and should have advised against a private server. They were lax...which is unacceptable.

> Her staff should have been smarter about using/updating good passwords and following basic work related IT security measures.

> And her staff should have been smarter and more professionally discerning about what they put in their emails. More than Hillary they were apparently arrogant jerks who were more concerned with their own positions & images than anything else...including their boss and her image.

> etc...etc...

All that actually falls on Hillary's shoulders.

Not because she is Crooked Evil Hillary but because it looks like her A Team were and are a bunch of nitwits bordering on the incompetent.

If she loses this election to Trump, it is her own fault.

Of course Trump is an ass-tard...but that is being addressed in other threads.
bobbimay On February 11, 2024

Tucson, Arizona
#13New Post! Oct 29, 2016 @ 16:34:55
@shinobinoz Said

Nope! Obama stays in & we become a state of Kenya!!!!!! Thanks Obama

Except we have those pesky papers called the constitution...

You might want to read the 20th amendment...

The 20th amendment is a simple amendment that sets the dates at which federal (United States) government elected offices end. In also defines who succeeds the president if the president dies. This amendment was ratified on January 23, 1933.
What is the text of the 20th amendment?
Section 1

The terms of the President and Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January
(After an election year, the president and vice president end their term on January 20)
and the terms of Senators and Representatives at noon on the 3d day of January
(Congressmen end their term earlier, on January 3)
..of the years in which such terms would have ended if this article had not been ratified; and the terms of their successors shall then begin.
(these dates, effective after an election year and towards the end of a term)
Section 2

The Congress shall assemble at least once in every year, and such meeting shall begin at noon on the 3d day of January, unless they shall by law appoint a different day.
(Congress starts on January 3, unless they pass a law that says otherwise)
Section 3

If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President.
(The Vice-President is next in line to the presidency)
If a President shall not have been chosen before the time fixed for the beginning of his term, or if the President elect shall have failed to qualify, then the Vice President elect shall act as President until a President shall have qualified; and the Congress may by law provide for the case wherein neither a President elect nor a Vice President elect shall have qualified, declaring who shall then act as President, or the manner in which one who is to act shall be selected, and such person shall act accordingly until a President or Vice President shall have qualified.
(The Vice President may assume temporary Presidential authority if the President is not able to fulfill the duties of the office, even if it is for a few hours)

Section 4

The Congress may by law provide for the case of the death of any of the persons from whom the House of Representatives may choose a President whenever the right of choice shall have devolved upon them, and for the case of the death of any of the persons from whom the Senate may choose a Vice President whenever the right of choice shall have devolved upon them.

(In rare cases, the Congress may choose the next president if the Electoral College fails to elect a President)

and right now both houses are controlled by Republicans

https://kids.laws.com/20th-amendment....I used a site with small words so maybe you can understand..
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#14New Post! Oct 29, 2016 @ 18:26:18
Good thing Obama didn't close Gitmo!

Maybe Hillary can get cell-decorating tips from Martha Stewart
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#15New Post! Oct 29, 2016 @ 20:11:29
@bobbimay Said

Except we have those pesky papers called the constitution...

You might want to read the 20th amendment...

The 20th amendment is a simple amendment that sets the dates at which federal (United States) government elected offices end. In also defines who succeeds the president if the president dies. This amendment was ratified on January 23, 1933.
What is the text of the 20th amendment?
Section 1

The terms of the President and Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January
(After an election year, the president and vice president end their term on January 20)
and the terms of Senators and Representatives at noon on the 3d day of January
(Congressmen end their term earlier, on January 3)
..of the years in which such terms would have ended if this article had not been ratified; and the terms of their successors shall then begin.
(these dates, effective after an election year and towards the end of a term)
Section 2

The Congress shall assemble at least once in every year, and such meeting shall begin at noon on the 3d day of January, unless they shall by law appoint a different day.
(Congress starts on January 3, unless they pass a law that says otherwise)
Section 3

If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President.
(The Vice-President is next in line to the presidency)
If a President shall not have been chosen before the time fixed for the beginning of his term, or if the President elect shall have failed to qualify, then the Vice President elect shall act as President until a President shall have qualified; and the Congress may by law provide for the case wherein neither a President elect nor a Vice President elect shall have qualified, declaring who shall then act as President, or the manner in which one who is to act shall be selected, and such person shall act accordingly until a President or Vice President shall have qualified.
(The Vice President may assume temporary Presidential authority if the President is not able to fulfill the duties of the office, even if it is for a few hours)

Section 4

The Congress may by law provide for the case of the death of any of the persons from whom the House of Representatives may choose a President whenever the right of choice shall have devolved upon them, and for the case of the death of any of the persons from whom the Senate may choose a Vice President whenever the right of choice shall have devolved upon them.

(In rare cases, the Congress may choose the next president if the Electoral College fails to elect a President)

and right now both houses are controlled by Republicans

https://kids.laws.com/20th-amendment....I used a site with small words so maybe you can understand..

ZOOOOOOOOOOM right over your head friend!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs