Boys Broke Into a Home. A Whipping Got Mom Arrested

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Jun 26, 2016 @ 00:18:59
Quote:
Appropriate parenting or criminal behavior?
allegedly stealing what the Advocate reports was $1,700 in goods, including a computer and hoverboard:
the 13-year-old's injuries were on his arms, with marks on his body, and he told police an RCA cable was used; "t he law does not allow excessive pain or cruelty but does allow physical parental discipline."

https://www.wjbc.com/news/boys-broke-into-a-home-a-whipping-got-mom-arrested/

I personally know what getting whipped with an electrical cord feels like.
I do believe the kids needed their butts busted. The key word here is 'butts'.
Mom should not of used anything other then her hand and should never have smacked her kids any where but on their butts. That old saying that parents back in the day use to spout as thy were grabbing a belt and the kids shirt collar " this going hurt me more then it will you" is pure bulls*** . Plus it's not discipline when it is applied in anger .
It is impossible to abuse a kid while administering discipline using a bare open hand on their butts. One the parent will know exactly how hard they're smacking the kid , Two, it won't be more two or three smacks , ever.
And I am in total agreement with the woman who's house it was that the three kids robbed. It is better for a parent to 'spank' their kids, then it is if they try ignore the behavior as if it isn't their responsibly and sometime in the future one those kids takes a bullet while commenting a similar crime.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#2New Post! Jun 26, 2016 @ 00:54:32
I wonder if she had access to BC and family planning services. Such a shame.

She's lost her job. The kids are staying with the grandmother. Now she's going to have to deal with court, legal costs.

I don't agree with the use of physical violence - and the arrest in all reality probably won't do anything to actually help her or her kids.

It's a lose lose lose situation.
Crush On June 23, 2021

#3New Post! Jun 26, 2016 @ 01:10:51
@LuckyCharms Said

I wonder if she had access to BC and family planning services.

Are you implying it would have been better had these children not been born?
Magically Delicious

#4New Post! Jun 26, 2016 @ 01:16:42
@Crush Said

Are you implying it would have been better had these children not been born?

I don't believe there was any implication about that whatsoever.
Crush On June 23, 2021

#5New Post! Jun 26, 2016 @ 01:18:44
@LuckyCharms Said

I don't believe there was any implication about that whatsoever.

Then what was the purpose of her having access to birth control and family planning?

n/a, New Mexico
#6New Post! Jun 26, 2016 @ 01:20:41
@LuckyCharms Said

I wonder if she had access to BC and family planning services. Such a shame.

She's lost her job. The kids are staying with the grandmother. Now she's going to have to deal with court, legal costs.

I don't agree with the use of physical violence - and the arrest in all reality probably won't do anything to actually help her or her kids.

It's a lose lose lose situation.

My first thought after reading the first sentence of your post ,was 'the mother of the three young criminals or the mother of the six young robbery victims. The answer would logically be 'either or '.
I don't agree with "the use of physical violence " either.
It's a sure thing the family will be tangle up with dealing with the courts for a very long time. But I doughty there will be he added stress of Legal fees. Not for mom or those three boys, even after they become old enough to be charged as adults.
Magically Delicious

#7New Post! Jun 26, 2016 @ 01:23:37
@Crush Said

Then what was the purpose of her having access to birth control and family planning?

Yes you must be drinking. I mean I didn't imply it. It was pretty boldly stated.
Magically Delicious

#8New Post! Jun 26, 2016 @ 01:26:19
@white_swan53 Said

My first thought after reading the first sentence of your post ,was 'the mother of the three young criminals or the mother of the six young robbery victims. The answer would logically be 'either or '.

Correct.

But I meant the mother of the three young criminals.

Either way it wouldn't be a bad thing for both of them probably.

Quote:
I don't agree with "the use of physical violence " either. It's a sure thing the family will be tangle up with dealing with the courts for a very long time. But I doughty there will be he added stress of Legal fees. Not for mom or those three boys, even after they become old enough to be charged as adults.

They have a GoFundMe page but I don't know how much traction it's going to get. It's not like there isn't plenty of guilt to go around. This isn't the type of story that gets people to open their wallets.

n/a, New Mexico
#9New Post! Jun 26, 2016 @ 01:29:17
@LuckyCharms Said

Yes you must be drinking. I mean I didn't imply it. It was pretty boldly stated.

I agree.
It's probably a fair bet at this point in time that the family of 7 robbery victims would agree also.
Magically Delicious

#10New Post! Jun 26, 2016 @ 01:32:04
@white_swan53 Said

I agree.
It's probably a fair bet at this point in time that the family of 7 robbery victims would agree also.

It's been proven time and time again. Women and society do better when women have complete access to the entire suite of family planning services.

Whether people like it or not, BC and abortion are good for women, families, children, society, the economy, culture and the environment.

Women, children and families do much better when women can plan their families without hindrance.
Crush On June 23, 2021

#11New Post! Jun 26, 2016 @ 01:38:06
@LuckyCharms Said

Ah, so you think it would have been better that those boys hadn't been born. At least you're honest.
Magically Delicious

#12New Post! Jun 26, 2016 @ 01:40:40
@Crush Said

Ah, so you think it would have been better that those boys hadn't been born. At least you're honest.

To a fault.

n/a, New Mexico
#13New Post! Jun 26, 2016 @ 01:43:30
@LuckyCharms Said

Correct.

But I meant the mother of the three young criminals.

Either way it wouldn't be a bad thing for both of them probably.

They have a GoFundMe page but I don't know how much traction it's going to get. It's not like there isn't plenty of guilt to go around. This isn't the type of story that gets people to open their wallets.

The fact that the mom seems surprised ,that her taking an electrical cord to her sons and labeling it discipline ,isn't being seen as her being a good mom, very telling, The first 'tell' is that abuse is n stranger those boys .
Not to be a knit picker, but it's a bit late for BC or family planning for those two mom's , and it's to bad that those 9 kids won't give it thought ether.
Crush On June 23, 2021

#14New Post! Jun 26, 2016 @ 01:46:37
@LuckyCharms Said

To a fault.

Definitely not the only fault you have. Wishing nonexistence on children for example.
Magically Delicious

#15New Post! Jun 26, 2016 @ 01:50:17
@white_swan53 Said

The fact that the mom seems surprised ,that her taking an electrical cord to her sons and labeling it discipline ,isn't being seen as her being a good mom, very telling, The first 'tell' is that abuse is n stranger those boys .

That thought occurred to me as well. Violence as discipline is a rather telling mindset.

Quote:
Not to be a knit picker, but it's a bit late for BC or family planning for those two mom's , and it's to bad that those 9 kids won't give it thought ether.

Yes it is. An after the fact regret. One can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. Only learn from the mistakes of the past.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs