Writing

Blogging;Possible Return to Poetry

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#1New Post! Apr 12, 2014 @ 15:26:18
As you know I used to write quite a bit when I first started on here. I had different poems. Some happy, some perverted and a bunch of them pretty sad. All of my poems had a piece of me in them. Since I have joined the Marine Corps, my writing has completely stopped in a way. When I try, I can't find any motivation at all. I almost feel like I lost a part of myself. I want to return to poetry because it helped bring out a part of me that I didn't want to show. I felt better after posting a poem on here and on a site I used to have. I don't know how to restart that or how to rebuild that side of me that I neglected for years.

On a different note, I will begin blogging again. I was thinking of joining Squidoo or HubPages for certain blogs and then join Blogger and/or wordpress. I think I started one on wordpress before, but that was before my TFS times and I don't really remember what it was. I will be sure to show my first posts to all of my friends here on TFS. If you have any opinions and pointers, please feel free to pass it on.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Apr 13, 2014 @ 02:41:41
@Cpat92 Said

As you know I used to write quite a bit when I first started on here. I had different poems. Some happy, some perverted and a bunch of them pretty sad. All of my poems had a piece of me in them. Since I have joined the Marine Corps, my writing has completely stopped in a way. When I try, I can't find any motivation at all. I almost feel like I lost a part of myself. I want to return to poetry because it helped bring out a part of me that I didn't want to show. I felt better after posting a poem on here and on a site I used to have. I don't know how to restart that or how to rebuild that side of me that I neglected for years.

On a different note, I will begin blogging again. I was thinking of joining Squidoo or HubPages for certain blogs and then join Blogger and/or wordpress. I think I started one on wordpress before, but that was before my TFS times and I don't really remember what it was. I will be sure to show my first posts to all of my friends here on TFS. If you have any opinions and pointers, please feel free to pass it on.

The biggest mistake people make when they write poetry is when they write it for anyone other than themselves. My worst work has been done thinking about how other people would read it.

You can write poetry that you share with others, or that speaks to others, or is about others. But you should always write it for you.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#3New Post! Apr 13, 2014 @ 03:24:24
@Eaglebauer Said

The biggest mistake people make when they write poetry is when they write it for anyone other than themselves. My worst work has been done thinking about how other people would read it.

You can write poetry that you share with others, or that speaks to others, or is about others. But you should always write it for you.

Thank you for the tip.
SydneyP On April 21, 2014
Troll

, Ukraine
#4New Post! Apr 20, 2014 @ 19:21:56
great answer
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs