Politics

Blair Talks Common Sense.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#1New Post! May 11, 2006 @ 08:28:25
I was watching an interview on TV this morning and it showed Tony Blair's reaction to a High Court ruling that Hijackers of a plane cannot be deported to their home country of Afganistan.

He was furious that yet again common sense was being over ruled by The Law.

Maybe this will spur his government on to giving the legal system a good kick up the arse and bring them into the real world.
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#3New Post! May 11, 2006 @ 09:23:32
The problem is I'm not aware of Labour having the reform of the legal system even on their agenda this term.

It is something that definately NEEDs to be done and I agree Tony Blair is the very man that could get the job done if the Conservatives would stop playing politics and do what is best for the country. Problem with the Tories is they are just focused on scoring points of Labour and trying to get back into power again.

I have had considerable experience of the legal system in the UK and it really is shocking. It's an old boys club mostly full of huray henry's from Conservative backgrounds. They don't have a bone of common sense in their bodies. I know that's a very sweeping generalisation, but it's based on experience and having good frinds in the legal profession who have to battle daily against the hurray henrys.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs