Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#16New Post! Mar 16, 2017 @ 06:27:40
@shinobinoz Said

I vote something heavier in consideration of traditional First Nation thought. It was best in a lot of ways.

So was it the genocide, slavery, wearing bits of your dead enemies as trinkets, child sacrifice, lack of medicine, lack of technology, lack of a cure for... well.. basically anything or something else that you think makes American Indian culture the best? Or, are you just not willing to see through the "noble savage" lie? We have people trying to spew the same BS here about how wonderful Australia's indigenous people were - I just have no interest in absurd and blatantly false propaganda.

So try again because picking the culture you choose to claim as your own is a fail. "My" culture is not any better. So would you like to try again?
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#17New Post! Mar 16, 2017 @ 06:29:48
@shinobinoz Said

"in the past..........."

Are there racist white people? Yes. Are there racists in every race? Yes. Is white culture racist? Not in the least. The only colour capitalism cares about is green and that has nothing to do with human skin.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#18New Post! Mar 16, 2017 @ 07:00:16
@shinobinoz Said

I vote something heavier in consideration of traditional First Nation thought. It was best in a lot of ways.

And shino, you do realise that your vote will be irrelevant when European culture collapses right?
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#19New Post! Mar 16, 2017 @ 17:23:02
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Are there racist white people? Yes. Are there racists in every race? Yes. Is white culture racist? Not in the least. The only colour capitalism cares about is green and that has nothing to do with human skin.

Suppose we all put on masks of Jefferson, Ben Franklin and (insert president on money here) and painted our skin a pale, sickly greenish colour. Would capitalism care about us then?
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#20New Post! Mar 16, 2017 @ 23:22:46
@bob_the_fisherman Said

So was it the genocide, slavery, wearing bits of your dead enemies as trinkets, child sacrifice, lack of medicine, lack of technology, lack of a cure for... well.. basically anything or something else that you think makes American Indian culture the best? Or, are you just not willing to see through the "noble savage" lie? We have people trying to spew the same BS here about how wonderful Australia's indigenous people were - I just have no interest in absurd and blatantly false propaganda.

So try again because picking the culture you choose to claim as your own is a fail. "My" culture is not any better. So would you like to try again?

This is the problem. You want to present western or white as right. Anything not right about it is then catalogued as being outside the mainstream. YOU do what you protest of me.

Why do you not look at the right things that are from each culture different than your beloved one? Why is it all others are wrong with maybe some few good while yours is always right with some little bad?
The problem is not with me dude. You wear it proudly upon your sleeve - much like Trump. It is wrong & dangerous.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#21New Post! Mar 16, 2017 @ 23:24:59
@bob_the_fisherman Said

That lie keeps down those who are trying to get past racism. You turn a blind eye to environmental racism, gender inequality & institutional racism. Sad.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#22New Post! Mar 16, 2017 @ 23:27:01
@bob_the_fisherman Said

And shino, you do realise that your vote will be irrelevant when European culture collapses right?

Any more so than under european culture that has not lived in any sort of honorable or honest way with First Nations?
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#23New Post! Mar 17, 2017 @ 05:41:38
@shinobinoz Said

This is the problem. You want to present western or white as right. Anything not right about it is then catalogued as being outside the mainstream. YOU do what you protest of me.

Shino you clearly have a lack of even the most rudimentary comprehension skills as I do basically the direct opposite of what you describe.

I *repeatedly* say that white culture has done bad things because it has. I repeatedly point out white history includes things like genocide, slavery and various other bad stuff because it does.

I then point out that this makes white culture like every other culture, because every culture has done bad. Not all have done as much bad as white culture and in fact most have done much less bad. But, no culture has done anywhere near as much good as white culture, and some cultures have done much worse. Also, whereas white culture and cultures influenced by white culture have by and large moved on from their bad past, some cultures have not moved out of the dark ages and are still by and large quite bad.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#24New Post! Mar 17, 2017 @ 05:45:17
@shinobinoz Said

Any more so than under european culture that has not lived in any sort of honorable or honest way with First Nations?

Don't worry shino, when western culture falls into a heap you will get to experience the joys of persecution first hand - unless you choose to become a persecutor, of course. I guess that could always be an option. A culture never dies alone. It dies surrounded by wolves. Even the most dull among us can work out which groups wait outside our door. It is hard to see it being pleasant.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#25New Post! Mar 17, 2017 @ 05:48:15
@shinobinoz Said

That lie keeps down those who are trying to get past racism. You turn a blind eye to environmental racism, gender inequality & institutional racism. Sad.

Shino the proof of your lie is found in statistics. Asians generally do better both in terms of economics and education in white countries than white people do - and this is especially true in America from what I have seen and heard. If white culture was racist this would not be the case. Jews don't seem to do too badly either.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#26New Post! Mar 18, 2017 @ 00:52:49
@shinobinoz Said

Bingo. BLM needs to respond appropriately so that they remove most of the fuel from the fire righties & the racists hope to further ignite in separating people. BLM? Get your house in order.

That's just it though, I've never seen anything from BLM come out against those that say or do something like this, while using the BLM name .
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#27New Post! Mar 18, 2017 @ 01:21:32
@white_swan53 Said

That's just it though, I've never seen anything from BLM come out against those that say or do something like this, while using the BLM name .

I'm not aware that BLM has any sort of structure to begin with. From what I remember, it was entirely grassroots sprouting in multiple areas at once. I'm not sure they even have a command structure with which someone even could speak with the authority of the entire BLM.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#28New Post! Mar 18, 2017 @ 02:01:22
i am familiar with just a few years ago, the " the killing of michael brown " that happen about miles away from me. where it happen l0 or less miles from me in st. louis.

if this " black live matter " around before that, i never heard. years ago off the internet, i heard or read about some of the killings that brought up during the murder of michael brown's riot.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#29New Post! Mar 18, 2017 @ 04:38:08
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Shino you clearly have a lack of even the most rudimentary comprehension skills as I do basically the direct opposite of what you describe.

I *repeatedly* say that white culture has done bad things because it has. I repeatedly point out white history includes things like genocide, slavery and various other bad stuff because it does.

I then point out that this makes white culture like every other culture, because every culture has done bad. Not all have done as much bad as white culture and in fact most have done much less bad. But, no culture has done anywhere near as much good as white culture, and some cultures have done much worse. Also, whereas white culture and cultures influenced by white culture have by and large moved on from their bad past, some cultures have not moved out of the dark ages and are still by and large quite bad.

You say white culture has done very much bad but NO culture has done as much good. I call BS. You sabotage everything else you say you are saying when you obviously aren't & don't seem to believe what you are saying.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#30New Post! Mar 18, 2017 @ 04:40:04
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Shino the proof of your lie is found in statistics. Asians generally do better both in terms of economics and education in white countries than white people do - and this is especially true in America from what I have seen and heard. If white culture was racist this would not be the case. Jews don't seem to do too badly either.

Sadly you don't know too much about what you speak of.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs