Pets & Animals

Birds I work with

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#1New Post! Feb 07, 2016 @ 05:15:43
Here are some of the birds at a Raptor rehabilitation program that I volunteer for. The program rescues and rehabilitates birds of prey that have been found injured or orphaned so they may be again released back into the wild. All of these birds in the pictures are non-releasable and unable to survive out in the wild due to their injuries. They are used for outreach programs to educate the public about wildlife and protecting our environment.

Bald Eagle that was brought in with a gunshot wound to her crop and wing. She was saved, but Part of her wing had to be amputated. When West Nile Virus hit the country years later, this bird was hit with the disease. Through supportive care she survived. Due to the Virus she has lost functioning in one of her eyes. She's a real trooper.

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

Female American Kestrel

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

This is a first year Bald Eagle that WAS able to be rehabilitated and released after being hit by a car that broke its wing.

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

Red Morph Eastern Screech owl

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

Red Tailed Hawk

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

Common Barn Owl

He was found on the side of the road in year 2000, probably hit by a car. His Upper part of his wing was shattered and was unable to be healed enough to fly and hunt properly in the wild. He's also used as a foster dad when the facility gets in orphaned baby barn owls.

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

Great Horned owl

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

Swainson's Hawk

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

The female Great Horned owl. She and the other GHOW are also used as Foster parents when the facility gets in orphaned great horned owl babies.

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

Long Eared owl

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

Ferruginous Hawk. They're Very aggressive birds and WILL fight and use those talons if they feel cornered. They're the real velociraptors of the bird world. Very cool and beautiful hawks.

This bird is physically perfect. As a baby this bird was stolen from her nest by a man who did not have a falconry permit. Her needs were not met and became a handful as she became full grown and was confiscated by fish and wildlife services. Being that she has imprinted on humans and see people as a way to get food, it would be NOT be a safe situation to have an imprinted ferruginous hawk out loose where unsuspecting people may be. So she was then trained to be an educational bird for the program.

Uploaded at ImageFra.me
lovepotiontea On February 12, 2016
Troll

Los Angeles, California
#2New Post! Feb 12, 2016 @ 23:16:33
I thought I had my hands full with four rescued parrots. Thank you for what you do.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! Feb 13, 2016 @ 01:20:49
Cool stuff!

Great idea about the foster parenting! Never really thought about such things.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Feb 13, 2016 @ 04:33:06
my brorther, rick live in florida. on his days off, he volunteers at wild bird rehabilitation that about 1 mile away from his house. he has going there about 10 years. the rehab. is in front of ocean in a grass and wooden area, more like a swamp.

my brother sent me e-mail of photos of him holding different kinds of birds on his arms. he will enjoyed himself at this place. years ago, i went to visited him and show this place. it was interesting.

these photos above in this thread, are kind of animals that my brother works with. last summer, this place was flooded. because of heaving raining.

my brother and others cleaning up the place. it is like a hobby for my brother. i would mind doing that kind of work, it is a very rewarding for him. i could use a hobby myself these days.
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#5New Post! Feb 13, 2016 @ 04:47:04
Chirp chirp!
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#6New Post! Apr 04, 2016 @ 20:18:37
Another picture of the Eastern Screech owl.

Uploaded at ImageFra.me
Hitting40 On November 20, 2016

The middle of nowhere, United
#7New Post! Apr 04, 2016 @ 22:15:20
Wow they're absolutely beautiful.
I have a thing for birds of prey.
I have a pair of these beautiful creatures nesting in the woods behind my house.

I often go to sleep listening to them whit ta wooing through my window.
It's quite majestic
You have such a cool job.

Oh i nearly forgot, thanks for sharing
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#8New Post! Apr 05, 2016 @ 04:58:40
Those owls look so 'regal'!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others