Society & Lifestyles

Bin Nazis...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#1New Post! Dec 17, 2007 @ 10:53:04
I couldnt believe it when i found this out.. but the Staffordshire council have inspectors going around looking in your bin, they then knock on your door and tell you that your throwing too much out or not recycling or putting the wrong type of stuff in boxes.. Then charge you if you dont comply..

Now i can understand that we do need to recycle but do we need a group of people telling us what to do?? seriously??

Im finding it hard to understand why, we need so much dictation to live our lives. I know sdimocracy is hard to work in a large population but thats with regards to taxes and laws, we need to be told about?? is it not? But matter of the home and family, do we need to be told what to do...

This inspector took time to tell the inlaws that a tube of icing (for a cake) was not a recyclable and told the mother inlaw to put it in the correct bin... UH?? how much time did that take.. also he gave her a warning and said next time they will be charged.. how much was not said...

What is this world we live in where we need this level of supervision??

I fear the type of world we are living in here in the UK..
bellestrange On March 08, 2012
Coo Coo Kachoo

South Australia, Australia
#2New Post! Dec 17, 2007 @ 10:54:17
Unfortunately I think it will only get worse.
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Dec 17, 2007 @ 10:56:22
Belles right, it is only going to get worse. Doesnt make it any more right though.
trillian On May 06, 2010

derbyshire, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Dec 17, 2007 @ 11:03:03
i have heard of this and one council actually put mini cameras in bins and then had to go round and take them out.
recycling is not as easy as everyone makes out it is. we have a blue box for tins and glass and a bag for paper, but nothing for plastics. i put them in a box and drive to the supermarket where the nearest plastics recycling point is. point is, if i didnt drive i probably wouldnt bother.
maximillion On December 13, 2016

, Minnesota
#5New Post! Dec 17, 2007 @ 11:05:54
i can see it now

you have put z plastc in the cardboard bin and this bisto tub is not cardboard

bring him!

(reads from panflet) for crimes against z ozone you will be shot and left in z street as a warning to others
innit!

#6New Post! Dec 17, 2007 @ 11:12:45
@maximillion Said
i can see it now

you have put z plastc in the cardboard bin and this bisto tub is not cardboard

bring him!

(reads from panflet) for crimes against z ozone you will be shot and left in z street as a warning to others

But your not far off max.. we pay our council for a service, but all they seem to do with the money is build stadiums and give pay rises.. All of the develpment in bristol todate has been private firms.. so the council havent really done anything for the people... its just a big mess IMO.. and the forefront of it all is Gordon Browns Nazis Party.
trillian On May 06, 2010

derbyshire, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Dec 17, 2007 @ 11:14:42
can we shoot gordon brown?
innit!

#8New Post! Dec 17, 2007 @ 11:16:25
@trillian Said
can we shoot gordon brown?

Apprently its fround upon..
maximillion On December 13, 2016

, Minnesota
#9New Post! Dec 17, 2007 @ 11:45:43
i'll do it 500 a head
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Dec 17, 2007 @ 11:49:17
@markfox01 Said
I couldnt believe it when i found this out.. but the Staffordshire council have inspectors going around looking in your bin, they then knock on your door and tell you that your throwing too much out or not recycling or putting the wrong type of stuff in boxes.. Then charge you if you dont comply..

Now i can understand that we do need to recycle but do we need a group of people telling us what to do?? seriously??

Im finding it hard to understand why, we need so much dictation to live our lives. I know sdimocracy is hard to work in a large population but thats with regards to taxes and laws, we need to be told about?? is it not? But matter of the home and family, do we need to be told what to do...

This inspector took time to tell the inlaws that a tube of icing (for a cake) was not a recyclable and told the mother inlaw to put it in the correct bin... UH?? how much time did that take.. also he gave her a warning and said next time they will be charged.. how much was not said...

What is this world we live in where we need this level of supervision??

I fear the type of world we are living in here in the UK..

I haven't heard anything about that but if anyone tells us that then I'll tell them where to go seeing as we have only just recieved our bin and we only have the one bin. We don't have any of the recycling bins, boxes or bags
herman On December 30, 2007

Newport, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Dec 30, 2007 @ 11:44:28
Bristol City Council do not ask the Government or Gordon Brown before the do anything. The Council are legally entitled, wrongly or rightly, to make up their own local environmental policy. They don't need to ask the Prime Minister before they do anything. Frankly, the level of ignorance is breath taking on the issue.In fact the policy was introduced by a Liberal Democrat Council when they had control over the City Council.

Camera's in bins is not a government policy.

However, why shouldn't folk be responsible about what they leave out for the bin men. Is it not right that we take responsiblity for where we leave our rubbish. If there is a collection that only takes glass bottles then why should people get away with putting out plastics. No doubt you would agree we all have to do our bit to save the planet and local environment ?

Now as someone who is Jewish, I found the references to the Labour Party as Nazi a disgrace. Millions of people died under Nazi occupation and it's unjust,unfair and moronic to make any suggestion that Gordon Brown is assiocated with Nazi's.

From he level of intelligence debate surrounding some of the statements on the subject I strongly suspect the some poster's are more likely to vote BNP themsleves. I really do worry that people will have to rely on you folk for their pensions in years to come. God help us.

Stop reading the Daily Mail, it's rightwing rubbish and remember the Devil is always in the detail.
innit!

#12New Post! Dec 31, 2007 @ 16:14:54
Some one needs to get a grip...

jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#13New Post! Dec 31, 2007 @ 16:18:00
Obviously the people do need such supervision if they can't get something as simple as the trash right.
innit!

#14New Post! Dec 31, 2007 @ 16:19:53
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs