Forums:
Politics

Bil Clinton to campaign for Kerry

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
jeoin On November 12, 2004

#1New Post! Oct 20, 2004 @ 02:57:58
https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6285885/

Thats awesome news. I hope our former President is doing well.
stenise On June 24, 2007

Little Rock, Arkansas
#2New Post! Oct 25, 2004 @ 20:35:55
Yeah, I hope is too :D . And do you think that Kerry still gives enough flip about Arkansas? I don't think Bush said he wasn't concerned with visiting us or addressing the state or whatever, but I heard it rumored that Kerry wasn't concerned with us that much, but he said there were more surpises on the way with his touring. Clinton is supposedly taking battleground states, are we included still?
panetti On February 17, 2005

Little Rock, Arkansas
#3New Post! Oct 28, 2004 @ 17:46:55
This is curious, I'm anxious to see what comes of this.

A former Clinton lackey suggested to me the other day that he expects Clinton to actually do something to throw off Kerry's campaign at the last minute if he starts to get ahead of Bush (something he used to do for Bill himself back in his governor days).

Why? Well think about it. If Kerry wins, Hillary will have to wait that much longer before she can run for the White House, as of course she couldn't run against Kerry during the race for the second term. She'd have to wait until two terms later. So purely stratigically speaking, it would be in Clinton's best interest for Bush to win so the conservatives can have their four more years of glory before the Clintons make a comeback.

Should be interesting to see what happens...
stenise On June 24, 2007

Little Rock, Arkansas
#4New Post! Oct 28, 2004 @ 18:44:07
to be honest, thats a really good point! And I would agree with that, but how would he throw the race for Kerry? I would love to see the Clinton's back in power actually...

Little Rock, Arkansas
#5New Post! Oct 28, 2004 @ 20:16:53
I don't. Clinton's a good actor, but if you talk to the people that actually worked with him, you quickly learn he's dangerous. My own step-father used to work directly under him, and he was actually sent to meetings in Bill's place at times to "disrupt" things. Of course that's all anectdotal for you, so take it as you will, but for me, that cement's my conclusion on the Clintons. Bill's only in this for his own career, not the good of the country.

Now Kerry -- it has yet to be seen. I actually think Kerry thus far seems to be an alright guy, I just disagree with him. He either really believes in his moral philosophy, or he's a grade-A actor. But thus far, I have no major beef with him other than political disagreement.
stenise On June 24, 2007

Little Rock, Arkansas
#6New Post! Oct 29, 2004 @ 03:38:21
But, aren't they all in it for the own career...just that the good of the country comes a long as a good cover or front for them all? I personally would say that Bush and Kerry are no different than the Clintons. Everyone just has a different plan that comes with different effects on us as a country...none of them are in it any more at least, to lead this country except for their own darn power... (we just come as a bonus)

Little Rock, Arkansas
#7New Post! Oct 29, 2004 @ 06:02:02
Well I hope you're wrong...but the only way to ensure that is to make me president.

So I wonder, can I write myself in as candidate for President Nov. 2nd? Don't put it past me!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs