Bikers roll to military funerals to oppose anti-gay protests

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#1New Post! Feb 21, 2006 @ 18:57:43
Quote:
FORT CAMPBELL, Kentucky (AP) -- Wearing vests covered in military patches, a band of motorcyclists rolls around the country from one soldier's funeral to another, cheering respectfully to overshadow jeers from church protesters.

Quote:
Phelps believes American deaths in Iraq are divine punishment for a country that he says harbors homosexuals. His protesters carry signs thanking God for so-called IEDs -- explosives that are a major killer of soldiers in Iraq.

Can you believe this crap??

I'm glad those bikers are there to counter those gay-hating church nuts.

Full Story
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Feb 21, 2006 @ 19:02:34
This is exactly why I turn my back on religion
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Feb 21, 2006 @ 19:04:54
What happened to love and tolerance? These people give loving, caring Christians a bad name.
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#4New Post! Feb 21, 2006 @ 19:05:31
That man Phelps and his followers are the type of unchristain biggots that are so far away from the simple meaning of christianity he does noting but taint religion.

Good to see there are good people who have mobilised to protect the families of these brave soldiers.

Jezus biggots really get right up my nose.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Feb 21, 2006 @ 19:06:52
@stumblinthrulife Said
These people give loving, caring Christians a bad name.

You are right Doug, I shouldnt generalise a whole religion because of a few bad apples.

Apart from that I dont actually beleive in God.
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#6New Post! Feb 21, 2006 @ 19:12:40
There is always a nutcase group in every religion.

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#7New Post! Feb 21, 2006 @ 19:18:13
These w**kers who think that their protest are remotely Christian haven't got a clue.

We have some good people on this forum who don't have any baggage by not believing in God.

Can I ask you if you folk if from anything you may have ever heard of the guy I call God ie Jesus if he sounded to be the sort of guy who would disrespect any family at the time of such grief.

My take on Jesus would be that he'd be on a Harley giving it large with the bikers. Then had a few swallys with good people before cruising on to the next family that needed their help.

There should be some way to get these offensive people distracted from this horrendous abuse of griving families.

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#8New Post! Feb 21, 2006 @ 22:16:20
A few hours ago I asked the question above.

If we have any fresh posters on TFS would you like to discuss this?
silenthunder On November 25, 2007

Halliburton, Texas
#9New Post! Feb 22, 2006 @ 02:34:03
The "church" of Phelps is comprised solely of members of his family. A closer look at this situation will reveal that the entire matter was suggested and financed by The Southern Poverty Law Center. This is not the first time that they have done this. About two hours after the Twin Towers collapsed these same people claimed that white-power groups were aligning themselves with Al Qaeda. It is a very anemic attempt at self justification, nothing more. The responses that it has elicited were the intended affect.
whiter_light On October 21, 2008

Melbourne, Australia
#10New Post! Feb 23, 2006 @ 05:59:38
Quote:
That man Phelps and his followers are the type of unchristain biggots that are so far away from the simple meaning of christianity he does noting but taint religion.

My girlfriend's parents are hard core Catholics and her dad would have to be the most biggoted @$$hole I have ever met. They live on the other side of the country thankfully so I don't have to see much of them.

But the proverbial hit the fan over christmas when they came to stay with us. Because we're not married, they have problems with me living with their daughter. To cut a long story short, her father made it quite clear he was not happy with the living arrangemnt. My solution to this problem was to kick his sorry a** out!

Now I'm quite ok with religous people and what they believe, but unfortunately the so-called preachers of tolerance and forgiveness feel the need to ram it down everybody's throat! Bloody catholics in particular!!!

If various religous people want some respect for their beliefs then they should have the common decency to respect others who don't hold religous beliefs.

*end of rant*
evildeeds On July 23, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Lansing, Illinois
#11New Post! Jun 12, 2006 @ 23:54:56
@reiko Said
Can you believe this crap??

I'm glad those bikers are there to counter those gay-hating church nuts.

Full Story

It makes me sick, as a militart man, and a homosexual.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs