The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
US Elections

Biden/Palin: Who will win the Vice Presidential Debate?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 · >>
Who do you predict will win??
Sarah Palin
Joe Biden
Draw
View Results
rubylights On November 30, 2021

Miami, Florida
#1New Post! Sep 30, 2008 @ 18:04:35
I thought I'd try this experiment. Who do you predict will win and why??
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#2New Post! Sep 30, 2008 @ 18:06:43
I think it'll be a lot closer than we think.

From what I'm reading, it will be highly structured with little to no discourse between the participants.

This gives Palin the opportunity to simply recite memorized scripts and actually sound like she knows what's going on, like she did at the convention, without having to deal with anyone asking for clarification or more details or anything.
Scoobiedoolala On October 30, 2008

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#3New Post! Sep 30, 2008 @ 18:07:01
hola ruby.
i am afraid i don't have esp, nor any ability to predict. but i will vote what i truly believe....
MlissaBeth On February 13, 2013
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#4New Post! Sep 30, 2008 @ 18:08:16
If Palin wasn't being fed her responses and actually had to reply on her own... Biden. But now, who knows.

Miami, Florida
#5New Post! Sep 30, 2008 @ 18:11:30
@jonnythan Said

From what I'm reading, it will be highly structured with little to no discourse between the participants.

This gives Palin the opportunity to simply recite memorized scripts and actually sound like she knows what's going on, like she did at the convention, without having to deal with anyone asking for clarification or more details or anything.

yes, i did hear about that.

but, even in the presidential debate, there was very little interaction between obama and mccain, although jim, the moderator, kept trying to have them speak to each other....
iliterate_enginere On February 12, 2010

Deleted

Wichita, Kansas
#6New Post! Sep 30, 2008 @ 18:12:01
Chuck Norris will take over the Presidency and make Mickey Mouse VP!

Miami, Florida
#7New Post! Sep 30, 2008 @ 18:15:07
@iliterate_enginere Said
Chuck Norris will take over the Presidency and make Mickey Mouse VP!

cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#8New Post! Sep 30, 2008 @ 18:15:08
f*** i voted for the wrong person on the poll at first i was like why did everyone vote for sarah? then i was like oh they all voted for biden.

Miami, Florida
#9New Post! Sep 30, 2008 @ 18:16:03
@scoobiedoolala Said
hola ruby.
i am afraid i don't have esp, nor any ability to predict. but i will vote what i truly believe....

did you think it would be a draw?
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#10New Post! Sep 30, 2008 @ 18:16:32
@rubylights Said
yes, i did hear about that.

but, even in the presidential debate, there was very little interaction between obama and mccain, although jim, the moderator, kept trying to have them speak to each other....

Well Obama did directly address McCain a decent bit.

However, Jim did let them go back and forth with little prompting for long periods of time.

I understand that this debate will have the moderator posing a specific question, letting the candidates speak for a length of time before being stopped, then moving on to another specific question.
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#11New Post! Sep 30, 2008 @ 18:18:22
@jonnythan Said

she was supposedly prepared for her interviews and she still managed to sound like a complete idiot on those. I am sure she will be clueless more than once and biden will answer for her to show he knows and she doesn't

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#12New Post! Sep 30, 2008 @ 18:19:16
@rubylights Said
did you think it would be a draw?

i have faith, i hope, so yes

maybe she did her homework...
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#13New Post! Sep 30, 2008 @ 18:20:01
@cGobla Said
she was supposedly prepared for her interviews and she still managed to sound like a complete idiot on those. I am sure she will be clueless more than once and biden will answer for her to show he knows and she doesn't

She actually seemed to do more or less OK on the obvious questions. It's when more direct questions, or questions asking for details or prodding for further info, were asked that she really dropped the ball.

But we've only seen her do really well in a speech and do really poorly in a few interviews. I guess we'll see. I fear a train wreck.

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#14New Post! Sep 30, 2008 @ 18:20:06
@jonnythan Said
Well Obama did directly address McCain a decent bit.

However, Jim did let them go back and forth with little prompting for long periods of time.

I understand that this debate will have the moderator posing a specific question, letting the candidates speak for a length of time before being stopped, then moving on to another specific question.

so the vp's get a break, eh?
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#15New Post! Sep 30, 2008 @ 18:20:27
Just so everyone knows, Palin is spending most of this week in "debate camp" at McCain's ranch in Arizona.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs