Psychology

Becoming a threat.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Conflict On about 11 hours ago

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! Dec 14, 2013 @ 11:32:56
In this state of being, the authorities' perception of us changes. They forsake the wish to commune with us in a civilized way and train their weapons on us. It's a natural defense mechanism that activates in the face of certain danger, which is part of the police, the FBI, NSA and all the other organizations we have to help combat crime.

When we become a threat, the hospitality vanishes and they point their weapons at us and use them if we react against them. If faced with peril, human civilization is cast aside to make way for self-preservation, so, our human compassion is entirely conditional for those who work in law and drug enforcement. For those who they aim their weapons at, what value does peace and good will have?
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Dec 14, 2013 @ 11:43:34
@Conflict Said

In this state of being, the authorities' perception of us changes. They forsake the wish to commune with us in a civilized way and train their weapons on us. It's a natural defense mechanism that activates in the face of certain danger, which is part of the police, the FBI, NSA and all the other organizations we have to help combat crime.

When we become a threat, the hospitality vanishes and they point their weapons at us and use them if we react against them. If faced with peril, human civilization is cast aside to make way for self-preservation, so, our human compassion is entirely conditional for those who work in law and drug enforcement.

Once again, you're speaking about things you don't seem to fully understand. The police don't "point their weapons at a threat" to use them. They point them as a warning so they won't have to use them. Most people who work in law enforcement do so because they have human compassion and want to help people. If an officer uses deadly force against someone and does so as he or she has been trained to, it is as an extreme last resort.

Have you ever even known a police officer personally?

Just try to believe that this time I really do know a lot more than you do about this.

@Conflict Said

For those who they aim their weapons at, what value does peace and good will have?

Not getting arrested or shot. That is what value peace and good will have.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#3New Post! Dec 14, 2013 @ 12:04:54
@Eaglebauer Said

Have you ever spent time with another mammal?

Just try to believe that this time I really do know a lot more than you do about this.

FIFY
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Dec 14, 2013 @ 12:05:37
@boxer Said

FIFY

Have I told you lately that I love you?
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#5New Post! Dec 14, 2013 @ 12:07:28
@Eaglebauer Said

Have I told you lately that I love you?

I knew that when Floydie gave me that "special" hug.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! Dec 14, 2013 @ 12:09:50
@boxer Said

I knew that when Floydie gave me that "special" hug.

I told her not to use tongue! It's probably just as well if she did.
Conflict On about 11 hours ago

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#7New Post! Dec 15, 2013 @ 20:42:48
@Eaglebauer Said

Once again, you're speaking about things you don't seem to fully understand. The police don't "point their weapons at a threat" to use them. They point them as a warning so they won't have to use them. Most people who work in law enforcement do so because they have human compassion and want to help people. If an officer uses deadly force against someone and does so as he or she has been trained to, it is as an extreme last resort.

Have you ever even known a police officer personally?

Not getting arrested or shot. That is what value peace and good will have.

I admit it, yes, you do know more about this subject than I. What I think I ought to do is express my concern in this way: when guns are drawn, what differentiates good guys and villains? They both have the intent to shoot if necessary, for their own reasons. It's like Jack Nicholson said in the Departed.

"When I was your age, they would say, we become cops or criminals. Today, what I'm saying to you is this: When you are facing a loaded gun... what's the difference?"

Well, what is the difference?
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#8New Post! Dec 16, 2013 @ 04:13:15
@Eaglebauer Said

It wasn't the tongue.. It was the zucchini you told her to shove down her pant leg.
Sweet_Merry On October 01, 2023
One day. . . I will

Building my Castles in the Sky
#9New Post! Dec 16, 2013 @ 07:55:58
Hi

Yes, it feels true.

It's strange how we grow up thinking Police are here to protect each and everyone of us- individually. They're not, they're here to protect the common good- which changes from person to person and is different in all situations.
They also must protect themselves...
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Dec 16, 2013 @ 14:47:50
@Conflict Said

I admit it, yes, you do know more about this subject than I. What I think I ought to do is express my concern in this way: when guns are drawn, what differentiates good guys and villains? They both have the intent to shoot if necessary, for their own reasons. It's like Jack Nicholson said in the Departed.

"When I was your age, they would say, we become cops or criminals. Today, what I'm saying to you is this: When you are facing a loaded gun... what's the difference?"

Well, what is the difference?

First, you really ought to stop using scripts from movies as the basis of your life philosophies. They are written to entertain not to speak with educated authority on how you should live your life, and sometimes the lines are written for characters you really wouldn't want to emulate in real life anyway (like Nicholson's character in The Departed).

As for what the difference is, I am kind of sad that I have to point this out, but it's the motivation behind the action. When a policeman draws a gun it is to protect him or herself against an aggressor or to try to stop someone from intentionally harming another person. When a criminal draws a gun and points it at someone it is usually only for selfish purposes, sometimes material ones that have nothing to do with the preservation of life.

Really, if you can't understand that I don't know how to help you.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Dec 16, 2013 @ 15:18:12
@Eaglebauer Said

First, you really ought to stop using scripts from movies as the basis of your life philosophies. They are written to entertain not to speak with educated authority on how you should live your life, and sometimes the lines are written for characters you really wouldn't want to emulate in real life anyway (like Nicholson's character in The Departed).

As for what the difference is, I am kind of sad that I have to point this out, but it's the motivation behind the action. When a policeman draws a gun it is to protect him or herself against an aggressor or to try to stop someone from intentionally harming another person. When a criminal draws a gun and points it at someone it is usually only for selfish purposes, sometimes material ones that have nothing to do with the preservation of life.

Really, if you can't understand that I don't know how to help you.

You have the patience of a saint.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#12New Post! Dec 16, 2013 @ 15:25:42
@boxer Said

It wasn't the tongue.. It was the zucchini you told her to shove down her pant leg.

I will never think of zucchini the same!
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#13New Post! Dec 16, 2013 @ 21:35:47
@Eaglebauer Said

@boxer Said

@Silver_Lining Said

You have the patience of a saint.

@floydgirrl Said

I will never think of zucchini the same!

Patron Saint of Zucchini Innovation?
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#14New Post! Dec 17, 2013 @ 04:50:37
@DiscordTiger Said

Patron Saint of Zucchini Innovation?

I'm guessing that it's this guy???

St Fiacre is most renowned as the patron saint of those who grow vegetables and medicinal plants, or gardening in general.

Because, while the zucchini was not a medicinal plant, it did make me feel "happy".
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#15New Post! Dec 17, 2013 @ 04:53:23
It was not easy to carry around
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs