Forums: Teens:
School

Bad Teachers & Good Teachers.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
oreo_man On March 12, 2009

North Vancouver, Canada
#1New Post! Apr 03, 2007 @ 22:45:41
I think if you have a bad teacher you're mark can go down by at least 10%. I had just about straight A's one year (hard to get in French immersion) and the next year i had a bad teacher and i had C-'s. The teacher yelled at everyone, and a few years later threw a binder at a kid and gave him a seizure, he was then fired.

I also hate tough markers, my friend's old old class had an average mark of 13%

so if you have a nice teacher! take advantage & enjoy it while it lasts!

Discuss.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#2New Post! Apr 03, 2007 @ 23:00:01
i remember, i went from straight A's in maths, to a fail in EVERY exam for one whole year after a new teacher. back to B's and C's when he left.
it was completly his fault and i never recovered fully either cause i was pretty much a year behind

so yeah, a teacher can have a huge effect on your result.
mosthauntedlover On March 18, 2016

My House, Ohio
#3New Post! Apr 03, 2007 @ 23:18:23
I have nice teachers all this year but I know of this one Biology teacher who I hear in not very good. She has her doctorate degree and treats the high school students like college kids. She assigns a ton of homework and I guess has a lot of mood swings! She expects perfect answers.

Glad I don't have her.
oreo_man On March 12, 2009

North Vancouver, Canada
#4New Post! Apr 03, 2007 @ 23:23:06
@alexkidd Said
i remember, i went from straight A's in maths, to a fail in EVERY exam for one whole year after a new teacher. back to B's and C's when he left.
it was completly his fault and i never recovered fully either cause i was pretty much a year behind

so yeah, a teacher can have a huge effect on your result.

yeah, i had bad teachers for 2 years. so i still suffer from it. they didn't teach me a thing, probably made me more stupid.
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#5New Post! Apr 03, 2007 @ 23:30:04
We don't need No education!

....wait, no yeah, we do.
alysedai On November 09, 2020

Newport News, Virginia
#6New Post! Apr 04, 2007 @ 00:42:27
To tell you the truth, what teachers give you depends a lot on how you act in their class. I have students who do their work, etc...they will NEVER get below a "c" in my class. But if they don't care, and have a bad attitude, I make sure they don't get above a "c". Some students I will bend over backwards for. But if students want to be pricks...to hell with them. That's how it is for most of my co-workers, and I know that's how it is for me.
jaketfg On April 09, 2012

Banned

Boston, Massachusetts
#7New Post! Apr 04, 2007 @ 01:22:17
I find that a lot of the older teachers really don't know how to teach in the 21st century and newer teachers are much better at teaching using all the new technological advances although there are expections to every thing
negasable On August 05, 2008

Deleted

West Side, California
#8New Post! Apr 04, 2007 @ 01:29:11
Even though expierience does make teachers better I still believe that some are just born with the natural teaching ability.
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#9New Post! Apr 04, 2007 @ 01:30:57
@alysedai Said
To tell you the truth, what teachers give you depends a lot on how you act in their class. I have students who do their work, etc...they will NEVER get below a "c" in my class. But if they don't care, and have a bad attitude, I make sure they don't get above a "c". Some students I will bend over backwards for. But if students want to be pricks...to hell with them. That's how it is for most of my co-workers, and I know that's how it is for me.

in my experience bad marks rarely encourage good behaviour.
jaketfg On April 09, 2012

Banned

Boston, Massachusetts
#10New Post! Apr 04, 2007 @ 01:31:27
Aye, must agree. It does take a special kind of person to be a teacher especially a middle school teacher.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs