The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Bachmann- "We can't afford 4 more years of Obama".

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 · >>
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#1New Post! Jun 27, 2011 @ 14:11:27
"We cannot continue to rack up debt on the backs of future generations. We can't afford an unconstitutional health plan that costs too much and is worth so little. And we can't afford four more years of failed leadership at home and abroad," she said, according to remarks. "We can't afford four more years of millions of Americans out of work or in jobs that pay too little to support their families. We can't afford four more years of a housing crisis that is devaluing our homes and making home ownership impossible for many Americans. We can't afford four more years of a foreign policy that leads from behind and doesn't stand up for our friends and stand up to our enemies."

Read more: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/27/bachmann-2012-bid-not-personal-against-obama/#ixzz1QU9pKVqN

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/27/bachmann-2012-bid-not-personal-against-obama/
TenaciousDave On February 11, 2022
The Anus Of Satan

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#2New Post! Jun 27, 2011 @ 14:15:21
Damn
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#3New Post! Jun 27, 2011 @ 14:43:50
@TenaciousDave Said

Damn

"DAMN"? That's what Obama's minister said.
Barack Obama's pastor says blacks should not sing "God Bless America" but "gosh darn America."

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama's pastor for 20 years.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#4New Post! Jun 27, 2011 @ 15:02:02
It would be refreshing to have a president who didn't read boring speeches off a teleprompter.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#5New Post! Jun 27, 2011 @ 15:10:40
Yes, Bachman memorizes all her speeches, just like Reagan and Bush did. That's a critical quality in a President.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#6New Post! Jun 27, 2011 @ 15:31:26
@hoppy Said

"We cannot
We can't
And we can't
"We can't
We can't
We can't

She seems really good at saying what we can't do...

Has she mentioned even once what she "CAN" do?

Didn't think so. It's easy (and lazy) to sit back and talk about what the other guy is doing wrong, but it's a lot harder (and more dangerous politically) to stand up and say what you would do instead..

Not a single republican has stated anything that they would do to fix the mess that we're in right now. Not a single one.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#7New Post! Jun 27, 2011 @ 15:33:25
@boxerdc Said
Not a single republican has stated anything that they would do to fix the mess that we're in right now. Not a single one.

Good point. Presumably one of them will need to come up with some sort of strategy besides "Obama f***ing sucks" at some point.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#8New Post! Jun 27, 2011 @ 15:36:24
@jonnythan Said

Good point. Presumably one of them will need to come up with some sort of strategy besides "Obama f***ing sucks" at some point.

I believe that they think the "Obama sucks" strategy is going to win it for them. Because that's exactly what their supporters want to hear. Unfortunately for them, the voters who could swing the vote will want to hear something with a little more substance. And not a single one of them has a plan, except to say "Obama sucks".
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#9New Post! Jun 27, 2011 @ 15:54:22
@boxerdc Said
And not a single one of them has a plan, except to say "Obama sucks".

Actually that's not quite true. Ron Paul has had a plan for 20 years now
lilbug On June 30, 2011

Deleted

Collins, Missouri
#10New Post! Jun 27, 2011 @ 21:25:57
@hoppy Said

"We cannot continue to rack up debt on the backs of future generations. We can't afford an unconstitutional health plan that costs too much and is worth so little. And we can't afford four more years of failed leadership at home and abroad," she said, according to remarks. "We can't afford four more years of millions of Americans out of work or in jobs that pay too little to support their families. We can't afford four more years of a housing crisis that is devaluing our homes and making home ownership impossible for many Americans. We can't afford four more years of a foreign policy that leads from behind and doesn't stand up for our friends and stand up to our enemies."

Read more: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/27/bachmann-2012-bid-not-personal-against-obama/#ixzz1QU9pKVqN

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/27/bachmann-2012-bid-not-personal-against-obama/

I think by stating what we cannot do Bachmann is essentially stating her plan...

Reduce spending.
Repeal Obamacare
Create jobs.
Get the housing market back on track.
Be a leader both here and in foreign affairs.

I imagine we will hear, as with most candidates, their plans in more depth as the process proceeds. I've seen many of the candidates state some of their objectives in interviews over the past few months, so to say that none of them have a plan is not really a fair estimate.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#11New Post! Jun 27, 2011 @ 21:30:37
@lilbug Said

I think by stating what we cannot do Bachmann is essentially stating her plan...

Reduce spending.
Repeal Obamacare
Create jobs.

I imagine we will hear, as with most candidates, their plans in more depth as the process proceeds. I've seen many of the candidates state some of their objectives in interviews over the past few months, so to say that none of them have a plan is not really a fair estimate.

yes but *HOW?*
those things may sound nice, but they mean nothing without specifics.

Its like saying you should be a doctor, but no clue as to how to get an undergraduate degree.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#12New Post! Jun 27, 2011 @ 21:32:51
@lilbug Said

Reduce spending.
Repeal Obamacare
Create jobs.

Yes, what Discord said, How?
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#13New Post! Jun 27, 2011 @ 21:38:22
Actually does anyone other than Paul have a plan?

Is Paul being taken more seriously now?
Seems like last primary he was the wacky one and not taken seriously until it was write-in time
TaraLovesLiam On March 02, 2014

Portlaoise, Ireland
#14New Post! Jun 27, 2011 @ 21:44:10
Maybe you stop putting your money into weapons and the army...
lilbug On June 30, 2011

Deleted

Collins, Missouri
#15New Post! Jun 27, 2011 @ 21:44:34
As I said, I think we will hear their plans and their 'hows' in more depth as the process proceeds through speechs and debates. It's still early in the process, but some are briefly laying out their plans for specific issues in interviews.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs