AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
aceuvclubs On August 22, 2020
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#1New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 20:06:50
Automakers talk of stabilizing the price of gas
https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28643952/

---Wow I don't like the sound of this one. Maybe i'm not understanding the request completely, but setting a price at say $3.50 would mean the fluctuation wouldn't hurt the auto industries R&D department but that would also mean that if the price per barrel was at the $1.70 (or whatever) average it is now, that we'd be paying well above cost. So it'll help them but hurt us? What would happen if oil prices shot up and the average cost was closer to $5.00 a gallon, would the $3.50 stay the same?
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#2New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 20:11:08
Oh yes.

Brilliant.

Let's have the government regulate the price of a commodity in order to keep a private business afloat.

Hey, GM! Chrysler!

f*** YOU!
perliaa On November 04, 2009

Upnorth, Canada
#3New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 20:14:32
And we wonder why they won't make electric cars ect.
Big Car companies and oil companies are they one company
MlissaBeth On February 13, 2013
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#4New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 20:15:04
I don't think I like that idea.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#5New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 20:17:15
@perliaa Said

And we wonder why they won't make electric cars ect.
Big Car companies and oil companies are they one company

What?

No. I believe you misunderstood the article.

The automakers are essentially complaining that they are getting totally shafted by gas prices. That the gas prices are, literally, driving them out of business.

For instance, the SUVs and trucks, the big sellers in 2007, stopped selling in 2008 when the gas prices went up.

Then when the automakers funnelled tons and tons of dough into electric and hybrid cars, gas prices have come way back down and now no one will buy hybrids and electrics.

They want the government to come in and stabilize fuel prices.

This, if anything, is proof that the auto industry is completely separate from the oil industry!
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#6New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 20:20:13
In the story they're b****ing that they spent all of this money on electric and hybrid car technology and that nobody will want them with prices at $1.70. That's B.S., if they made a quality car (Prius is the ugliest thing i've seen) that also saves me any money on gas, it won't matter if it's $1.70 or $4.70, i'd be interested either way.

They should try manufacturing like some of the Japanese companies do...basically make a number, if the demand is met, make more....don't over manufacture and end up having 100,000 trucks sitting at a warehouse because nobody is buying.

They need to figure out their industry and quit tring to pass their poor business practices off on our pockets.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#7New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 20:21:31
@aceuvclubs Said

In the story they're b****ing that they spent all of this money on electric and hybrid car technology and that nobody will want them with prices at $1.70. That's B.S., if they made a quality car (Prius is the ugliest thing i've seen) that also saves me any money on gas, it won't matter if it's $1.70 or $4.70, i'd be interested either way.

You might be interested, but it's a simple fact that low gas prices mean big sales of trucks and SUVs, and high gas prices mean sales of hybrids and electrics.
Allyson On January 20, 2010

Deleted

, Michigan
#8New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 20:23:47
They all have been shafted by the outsourcing,when will they see that, less jobs, less people buying,look at the labels on the things your buying.
This was the big downfall
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#9New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 20:26:17
@jonnythan Said

You might be interested, but it's a simple fact that low gas prices mean big sales of trucks and SUVs, and high gas prices mean sales of hybrids and electrics.

haha, i did buy a truck didn't i

Although it was more because the 2008 truck prices were cheap as hell and i live in "Siberia". Hell if they had a hybrid truck available for cheap i would have gotten that.

Upnorth, Canada
#10New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 20:51:46
@jonnythan Said

What?

No. I believe you misunderstood the article.

The automakers are essentially complaining that they are getting totally shafted by gas prices. That the gas prices are, literally, driving them out of business.

For instance, the SUVs and trucks, the big sellers in 2007, stopped selling in 2008 when the gas prices went up.

Then when the automakers funnelled tons and tons of dough into electric and hybrid cars, gas prices have come way back down and now no one will buy hybrids and electrics.

They want the government to come in and stabilize fuel prices.

This, if anything, is proof that the auto industry is completely separate from the oil industry!

What I don't see anything in their comercials on new hybrids and electrics its allways in the future they promise them.
Plus I read that most places in canada I dont know about the us we can't legaly drive an electric car on our highways.
ministumblin On January 21, 2009

Deleted

#11New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 20:55:39
Whatever happened to the inherent risks of investment.

It strikes me that this industry wants it's risks removed so that it's guaranteed to make money.

If we the public are to smooth out the lows for them, then we should expect them to also smooth out the highs. Sure, I'll subsidize the bad patches for you. But in the good patches, I'd like a dividend, please.

Do these people live in the real world?
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#12New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 20:58:30
It seems there are double standards for certain Big Businesses

See AIG.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#13New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 21:13:00
@perliaa Said

What I don't see anything in their comercials on new hybrids and electrics its allways in the future they promise them.
Plus I read that most places in canada I dont know about the us we can't legaly drive an electric car on our highways.

The Chevy Volt is the first electric road vehicle in the US from a major auto manufacturer, foreign or domestic.

Ford has a number of hybrid vehicles and SUVs.

GM has a number of hybrid vehicles and SUVs.

I don't know where you're getting your information. It's perfectly legal to drive an all-electric vehicle on the highways. See the Tesla Roadster and others.
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#14New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 21:17:26
Didn't GM make the EEV back in the early 90's

Upnorth, Canada
#15New Post! Jan 14, 2009 @ 21:18:11
@jonnythan Said

The Chevy Volt is the first electric road vehicle in the US from a major auto manufacturer, foreign or domestic.

Ford has a number of hybrid vehicles and SUVs.

GM has a number of hybrid vehicles and SUVs.

I don't know where you're getting your information. It's perfectly legal to drive an all-electric vehicle on the highways. See the Tesla Roadster and others.

I forget where I saw it it was on tv a guy who invented an electric trying to get his cars on the market.
If they have so many electric cars why not advertise them in comercials the last time I googled and looked for electric cars it was 3 months back or so all i got was in the futur 2012 or later.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs