Australian Law

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
macca On May 19, 2012

Deleted

, Australia
#1New Post! Apr 20, 2007 @ 00:14:58
Hey all,

just wondering if anyone on here knows about the laws in australia regarding Driving charges... are these regarded as Criminal Offences because on most job applications that i have been doing lately they ask whether you have any Convictions or Have committed any criminal Offences...

i have been convicted and when that happened i was informed that if i was good and didnt have to go to court any more in the next few years it would dissappear but i cant remember the time frame of when the charge goes off my record

and another question do u think i should be putting it on my job applications where it asks for it???

thanks

macca
hiz_gurl On April 10, 2011

Brisbane, Australia
#2New Post! Apr 20, 2007 @ 01:13:44
i guess it depends on the charge...and the job, like i dont think anyones really gonna care about speeding, but if you are like going for a pizza delivery job or a delivery/courier sort of job, i'm pretty sure they'd want to know about road rage or something like that search google maybe?
randomoz On December 10, 2007

Melbourne, Australia
#3New Post! Apr 26, 2007 @ 06:48:20
Heyya Macca,

It really amounts to the definition of 'criminal charges'. These are usually meant to be indictable offences (In relation to driving, it would be something like Culpable driving) Speeding, red lights, drink drive (unless people were injured - in which case its not the drink drive, but those other charges)
You seem to have been convicted and placed on a good behaviour bond. These are generally for a time period equal to the disqualification or penalty period. This varies around the country - but its usually around 12 months.

Put it on a resume?? Not likely!
macca On May 19, 2012

Deleted

, Australia
#4New Post! Apr 26, 2007 @ 15:23:59
thanks for the replies when i was taken to court i was told by my lawyer that i would have a criminal record for 5 years but it would dissappear if i was a good kid and didnt re-offend (even though i was dobbed into the police for something that i didnt do) and if i wanted to prove myself innocent it woulda cost be double the thousands i already spent
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs