Atlanta only has 3 months of water

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#1New Post! Oct 16, 2007 @ 23:51:02
The city of Atlanta and other parts of Georgia are about to run out of water. Two lakes that supply the city are almost dry.

https://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/fn/5217868.html
https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=15323394

They've already banned all landscape watering, and may implement other restrictions in the next couple weeks.

What are they going to do if they run out of water? What would you do?
daifu On December 20, 2007

Deleted

somewhere in the south, German
#2New Post! Oct 17, 2007 @ 00:10:39
Drinking water supply would be more important then to wash cars, roads, then industrial production.
And especially while tampering the emergency.......I would begin to see were water can be recycled in order to avoid another emergency. Behavioral education could also be an interesting concept, don't you think. A bit like we are used to see in Italy and Spain since quite a bit of time.
sicros On November 28, 2008

Deleted

Dothan, Alabama
#3New Post! Oct 17, 2007 @ 00:28:04
I would run over to the state where I currently am, Alabama. A ton of places in Georgia are only like 45 minutes from here. Don't forget the people with well water, and underground reservoirs. I'm sure the government will help out any way they can.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#4New Post! Oct 17, 2007 @ 00:36:17
wow, i guess we all take water for granted.
sicros On November 28, 2008

Deleted

Dothan, Alabama
#5New Post! Oct 17, 2007 @ 00:41:40
@alexkidd Said
wow, i guess we all take water for granted.

I motion that we all conserve water the best way we can!
Showering with a friend is probably the best way. No there's no probably to it, it's the best way. Doesn't that look refreshing?
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#6New Post! Oct 17, 2007 @ 01:25:23
I'm not really worried about them running dry, winter is coming soon.
silenthunder On November 25, 2007

Halliburton, Texas
#7New Post! Oct 17, 2007 @ 01:29:07
Perhaps, it might be a good time to investigate desalination of ocean water?
Israelis seem to be making a good go of it.
southerngent On October 23, 2007

#8New Post! Oct 17, 2007 @ 01:39:58
I don't see us running out of water in our lifetime. You can check out the levels of the aquifers that feed our cities and they are not even down .05 of an inch. It's funny how much of our natural resources we use up as a nation at whole. Do some internet searching and look at the figures between us and other countries. We are way too needy!
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#9New Post! Oct 17, 2007 @ 02:35:58
They say similar things about florida each year and each year we scrape by. It would help tremendously if states would practice population control. The local environment can only suport so many people. That's the biggest problem here in south florida. too many people for the resources. I imagine it's the same in Atlanta.
paininmybrain On October 27, 2010

point pleasant,
#10New Post! Oct 17, 2007 @ 13:33:42
@vizzy Said
They say similar things about florida each year and each year we scrape by. It would help tremendously if states would practice population control. The local environment can only suport so many people. That's the biggest problem here in south florida. too many people for the resources. I imagine it's the same in Atlanta.

excellent point vizzy, and id imagine your no snowbird!

, Florida
#11New Post! Oct 17, 2007 @ 15:39:15
Not a snowbird, nope. I'm one of the very few who was actually born in the state of Florida. I've been all over, but keep coming back for some wacky reason. And I'd LOVE to tell oh about half the population of South Florida that they have to leave and not just to protect our resources
hotgirlinfl On May 20, 2008

Deleted

, Florida
#12New Post! Oct 17, 2007 @ 15:41:47
@vizzy Said

yeah exactly,and if we conserve water it would be a big help
hotgirlinfl On May 20, 2008

Deleted

, Florida
#13New Post! Oct 17, 2007 @ 15:45:29
@vizzy Said
Not a snowbird, nope. I'm one of the very few who was actually born in the state of Florida. I've been all over, but keep coming back for some wacky reason. And I'd LOVE to tell oh about half the population of South Florida that they have to leave and not just to protect our resources

me too
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#14New Post! Oct 17, 2007 @ 19:36:03
@vizzy Said

Well atlanta has been growing like crazy, and it's apparent the local governments didn't plan for this or they'd have more sources of water.

, Florida
#15New Post! Oct 17, 2007 @ 19:41:08
@el_tino Said
Well atlanta has been growing like crazy, and it's apparent the local governments didn't plan for this or they'd have more sources of water.

No necessarily. S. FLorida grew rapidly. For years our government watched people streaming into the state. Did they make arrangements to properly prepare for the continuing influx? Nope. Did they limit growth? Nope. They saw dollar signs and did ridiculous things like play with the Everglades. Maybe city officialy in Atlanta would have been smarter. I somehow doubt it though.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs