The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Q & A

At this time of your life, can you say that you have found your purpose in life..

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#31New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 08:18:52
@magically_delicious Said

The only way to grow is to get outside of your comfort zone. I think that also helps with finding purpose in your life.

Luckily I have a strong passionate love for music, and my purpose is to explore that passion and hopefully turn it into a career. I set goals for myself that I can achieve and then push to make those a reality. I think that's all you really can do, honestly.

I can picture you with a cello.

Or you thinking electric guitar?

, New Zealand
#32New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 08:26:07
@meimei Said

kudos to both..(that's all i can do for now....)...

well, i guess the mere fact i'm questioning myself is because i really don't know where i'm at right now.. or i have probably knew where i am and just stopped moving forward....

life is a long day sometimes you get tired, you lose reason to move forward or motivation why someone has to move forward, or you lose sight of the people who makes you persuasive or you lose sight of yourself...among all these i guess what matter is at the end of the day, where you are looking at your own dead body, you can say to yourself that you didn't intentionally harm anyone or you have lived the way you want to live without offending anyone....

Even if I never become much of anything or my contributions are useless, as I told a friend once, I don't want people looking back and saying "Hey, remember that Banana guy? What jerk that guy was - look at everything he went and screwed up."
mEimEi On January 29, 2016

, Philippines
#33New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 08:29:19
@Electric_Banana Said

Even if I never become much of anything or my contributions are useless, as I told a friend once, I don't want people looking back and saying "Hey, remember that Banana guy? What jerk that guy was - look at everything he went and screwed up."

... you have a point. action speaks louder than words.

, New Zealand
#34New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 08:30:51
@meimei Said

kudos to both..(that's all i can do for now....)...

well, i guess the mere fact i'm questioning myself is because i really don't know where i'm at right now.. or i have probably knew where i am and just stopped moving forward....

life is a long day sometimes you get tired, you lose reason to move forward or motivation why someone has to move forward, or you lose sight of the people who makes you persuasive or you lose sight of yourself...among all these i guess what matter is at the end of the day, where you are looking at your own dead body, you can say to yourself that you didn't intentionally harm anyone or you have lived the way you want to live without offending anyone....

Also want to say that if you're at a point in life where you're content and don't have anything critically disastrous to fix so as not to hurt yourself or others, your purpose might just be kicking up your feet and enjoying what you've got.
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#35New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 09:23:33
That for me is a hard question to answer.Since 2003 I've had a heart attack and survived a run in with Cancer and survived and almost bled to death just after the operation.
That's three bites at Death's Cherry,I know I'm still here for a reason but just what that reason is escapes me.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#36New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 09:25:22
I don't think I'll ever reach a point where I can say I've found my purpose, I think there isn't just one thing that will give my life fulfilment. I'd be a bit bored if it were only one thing.

, New Zealand
#37New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 10:15:32
@Demented Said

That for me is a hard question to answer.Since 2003 I've had a heart attack and survived a run in with Cancer and survived and almost bled to death just after the operation.
That's three bites at Death's Cherry,I know I'm still here for a reason but just what that reason is escapes me.

From what I've taken from you over the past couple of years is that you're a very good husband for your wife. It may be just simply that and a good faithful, romantic, long-lasting counterpart is worth more to everyone than most other things a person could be.

, New Zealand
#38New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 10:18:30
@sister_of_mercy Said

I don't think I'll ever reach a point where I can say I've found my purpose, I think there isn't just one thing that will give my life fulfilment. I'd be a bit bored if it were only one thing.

Yeah, I always wanted to achieve world orgy - like a massive Woodstock but realized that would lose flavour after a few....million years so we'd eventually all have to pick ourselves up and start shooting at one another again.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#39New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 10:47:03
@meimei Said

or you stopped looking for it. why?

Excellent question.

@Leon Said

Well, I've put my own life in the right track, but I cannot say if whether or not I it is presently heading towards my "purpose" in life, as that is quite a vague term, implying that we have some predestined, albeit, usually unknown, path in life.

No, not ever predestined, never! There is no purpose that we don't discover and make for ourselves. Don't settle. Keep learning about yourself and keep looking. It's better to have your epiphany on your deathbed than to never have had it at all.

@cisslybee2012 Said

It was an awful long time coming, but I eventually found my purpose in life to be to emit my messages in writing. I'm a messenger, and my job here is to emit my messages to the masses. So I'm writing books now to fulfill my destiny.

You sound like my alter ego; late bloomer, writer (books, yeah, one, but.... ). I was a columnist for a while though, which was as fulfilling as anything I've ever done. And I think that's where we all find our purpose in life, fulfillment. It can be something as simple as digging a ditch, or as complicated as being a parent (I pity the child whose parent receives no fulfillment from it.)

@meimei Said

interesting responses... im sure doesn't know my purpose in life... but there are time where you feel you haven't done anything special here on earth..or maybe you've done something great but just unaware...so you start asking yourself; "why am i here for?".... haven't you have a feeling like that sometime?

Until you finally learn what you're good at, and what you're not, and start using that to achieve fulfillment, you will feel empty. That emptiness is there for a reason, motivation. Of course then there are those who've had it beat out of them.

I just recently read this which sort of comes from the other end of the question, by a master of the quill, David Mamet: "The Talmud cautions that when a man dies, he will be called to account for all the unenjoyed, permitted pleasures of this life."--The Secret Knowledge Notice he didn't say "God" cautions.

Those motivated by evil or overwhelming fear will always end up being lost.

, New Zealand
#40New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 10:58:29
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Excellent question.

No, not ever predestined, never! There is no purpose that we don't discover and make for ourselves. Don't settle. Keep learning about yourself and keep looking. It's better to have your epiphany on your deathbed than to never have had it at all.

You sound like my alter ego; late bloomer, writer (books, yeah, one, but.... ). I was a columnist for a while though, which was as fulfilling as anything I've ever done. And I think that's where we all find our purpose in life, fulfillment. It can be something as simple as digging a ditch, or as complicated as being a parent (I pity the child whose parent receives no fulfillment from it.)

Until you finally learn what you're good at, and what you're not, and start using that to achieve fulfillment, you will feel empty.

What if you're like me and what you're really good at is useless?
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#41New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 11:32:24
@Electric_Banana Said

What if you're like me and what you're really good at is useless?

If you're good at something, it isn't useless. There may not be a market for it, and you'll probably have to get a dull job to support it, but I think whatever skill you have should be fostered. More than likely it's time hasn't come, or like I say, there may be no market for it at this time.

Say you're good at making your children or grandchildren feel good about themselves. Could anything have more intrinsic value, or less market value?
annmountford1946 On August 15, 2011

stoke on trent staffs, United
#42New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 11:36:27
I certainly have ,been married , devorced, married again,got a lovely family, grand children great grand children have had great job satisfaction, achieved my goal with sugarcraft and cake decorating, and been to lots of other countries,and now retired and teach others to cake decorate,your only here once so live your life to the full

, New Zealand
#43New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 11:42:01
@ThePainefulTruth Said

If you're good at something, it isn't useless. There may not be a market for it, and you'll probably have to get a dull job to support it, but I think whatever skill you have should be fostered. More than likely it's time hasn't come, or like I say, there may be no market for it at this time.

Say you're good at making your children or grandchildren feel good about themselves. Could anything have more intrinsic value, or less market value?

Yeah, I see what you're saying - it goes back to that 'charm' thing. I have a way with words that may help to inspire some and then even more people in the future if the ideas and inspiration carries on.

Most people don't have a use for it but some may and even more people may need it down the road.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#44New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 11:55:24
I always thought my purpose in life was to serve as a bad example, which I was quite good at.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#45New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 15:26:29
to ignore animal rights threads
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs