Jokes & Humor

At the races

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jul 22, 2020 @ 09:23:40
A guy loves to go to the horse races and enjoys watching the horses before each race parade around. Watching them, he sees a Catholic priest lean out in front of one horse and make a few gestures. That horse wins the race!

Intrigued, the guy watches again. The priest once again leans out and gestures in front of a horse. It wins again!

"Wow! I'm going to have some of this" he thinks.

He watches, once again the priest gestures, and the guy runs to the course bookie and puts £100 on the horse.

It falls at the first fence and alas, has to be destroyed.

The guy runs up to the priest, grabs him, and asks what on earth he is up to. "I've just lost £100 pound! I was watching your gestures before each race!"

"Ah" says the priest, "I see that you are no Catholic"

"What do you mean?" the guy asks.

"Well, if you were, you would know the difference between a blessing and the Last Rights."
Darkman666 On about 12 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Jul 22, 2020 @ 18:11:32
@dookie Said

A guy loves to go to the horse races and enjoys watching the horses before each race parade around. Watching them, he sees a Catholic priest lean out in front of one horse and make a few gestures. That horse wins the race!

Intrigued, the guy watches again. The priest once again leans out and gestures in front of a horse. It wins again!

"Wow! I'm going to have some of this" he thinks.

He watches, once again the priest gestures, and the guy runs to the course bookie and puts £100 on the horse.

It falls at the first fence and alas, has to be destroyed.

The guy runs up to the priest, grabs him, and asks what on earth he is up to. "I've just lost £100 pound! I was watching your gestures before each race!"

"Ah" says the priest, "I see that you are no Catholic"

"What do you mean?" the guy asks.

"Well, if you were, you would know the difference between a blessing and the Last Rights."

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs