The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Racism

At least there wasn't racism at the inauguration....

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#1New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 05:56:31

Imagine if Bush had someone like this give a speech at his inauguration....

But then again, I'm white, so I obviously don't know what's right.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#2New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 05:59:15
i cant watch it... would it be a terrible inconvenience for you to sum it up? pretty please with a cherry on top?

Deleted

, Minnesota
#3New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 06:01:59
@chisa96 Said

i cant watch it... would it be a terrible inconvenience for you to sum it up? pretty please with a cherry on top?

Joe Lower's speech at - "Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around... when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right. That all those who do justice and love mercy say Amen. Say Amen'..."

Or part of it anyway.
perfectlystrange On June 15, 2010

Strangeville,
#4New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 06:03:22
If Bush would have had someone who gave a speech like that, at his inauguration... People would have an even bigger amount of hate for him.
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#5New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 06:05:21
@raditz8526 Said

Joe Lower's speech at - "Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around... when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right. That all those who do justice and love mercy say Amen. Say Amen'..."

Or part of it anyway.

I'm white...so is this saying that, I have done no right? - But now have an 'opportunity' to?
RunningForRansome On November 08, 2009

, Texas
#6New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 06:10:01
I think that Bush could have done better,but unforetunetly he is only human and we ALL screw up,so atleast look at it this way,he can't do anymore harm.

And I'm sure that speech wasn't meant to be racist,but from reading your posts,I could see how You would see it like that.

No Offence,really,I'm just saying.
perfectlystrange On June 15, 2010

Strangeville,
#7New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 06:10:05
@loveis Said

I'm white...so is this saying that, I have done no right? - But now have an 'opportunity' to?

Sure sounds like it.

This is a big reason why racism will never go away, people keep living in the past and thinking in the past.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#8New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 06:14:05
@raditz8526 Said

Or part of it anyway.

wow... just wow... ill have to watch that later... reading that, it sounds like he should be crucified no matter what color he is...

besides... racism is not the big issue in this country anymore... what more do they plan to do in the name of equality?
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#9New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 06:15:29
@perfectlystrange Said

Sure sounds like it.

This is a big reason why racism will never go away, people keep living in the past and thinking in the past.

I'm by no means a racist. But talk like this absolutely infuriates me!!

I mean, most slaves were first made slaves by their own people, yet, it's the whites only that keep getting mentioned, and pointed out as the oppressor! So LONG after it's all been over too..

I've been fair, and kind, and just, to everyone in my path, regardless of color, my whole life, and hearing that speech he gave really did something to me, something negative, that just isn't sitting right with me!!

..I don't appreciate the implication!!
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#10New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 06:18:59
@chisa96 Said

wow... just wow... ill have to watch that later... reading that, it sounds like he should be crucified no matter what color he is...

besides... racism is not the big issue in this country anymore... what more do they plan to do in the name of equality?

Seems like it doens't matter; they insist on turning a (deliberate)blind eye..

Obama won because of not only the great mass of black votes, but the great mass of WHITE votes too!
Seems to me that WHITE HAS ALREADY, f***ING EMBRACED WHAT'S RIGHT, AND f***ING PROVED IT, WITH THIS ELECTION!!

, Texas
#11New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 06:19:51
@loveis Said

I'm by no means a racist. But talk like this absolutely infuriates me!!

I mean, most slaves were first made slaves by their own people, yet, it's the whites only that keep getting mentioned, and pointed out as the oppressor! So LONG after it's all been over too..

I've been fair, and kind, and just, to everyone in my path, regardless of color, my whole life, and hearing that speech he gave really did something to me, something negative, that just isn't sitting right with me!!

..I don't appreciate the implication!!

Well maybe if you were in their position you would do the same.Think about if your ancestors had been tortured you would still be angry too.

Deleted

, Minnesota
#12New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 06:20:20
@RunningForRansome Said

I think that Bush could have done better,but unforetunetly he is only human and we ALL screw up,so atleast look at it this way,he can't do anymore harm.

And I'm sure that speech wasn't meant to be racist,but from reading your posts,I could see how You would see it like that.

No Offence,really,I'm just saying.

Whites don't embrace what is right......nope. No racism there.
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#13New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 06:25:42
@RunningForRansome Said

Well maybe if you were in their position you would do the same.Think about if your ancestors had been tortured you would still be angry too.

I do think about it, and have had my say in other topics, it wasn't right at all.

Still, it has nothing to do with TODAY! And for them to insinutate the whites "today" need to embrace what is right! - they have, they voted for Obama, didn't they?

..besides, like I said, they were held slaves and tortured by their own, before they became slaves here...it was their "own" who sold them in the first place. (I learned this from a black lady, and I did 't believe it at first till I read up on it! ).

, Texas
#14New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 06:26:28
@raditz8526 Said

Whites don't embrace what is right......nope. No racism there.

*sighs*
As intelligent as you seem you can't seem to get past the fact that the ONLY reason you put up the post is because you don't like Obama.But for not liking Bush you sure don't complain about him much.

...nope.No racism there.

Deleted

, Minnesota
#15New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 06:44:21
@RunningForRansome Said

*sighs*
As intelligent as you seem you can't seem to get past the fact that the ONLY reason you put up the post is because you don't like Obama.But for not liking Bush you sure don't complain about him much.

...nope.No racism there.

Who said I don't like Bush? I love Bush! I wish I could have voted for him again.

You haven't been here long, so your ignorance is excused.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs