Forums: Business & Money:
Jobs & Careers

Are you successfully working from home?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
futureplan10 On September 02, 2009

Fayetteville, North Carolina
#1New Post! Sep 02, 2009 @ 15:56:44
After working 10 years at the same company, they have moved out of state. We are spending less, but I am really enjoying the time I have to spend with my son after school. My Mother no longer drives and I am grateful to be able to help with her errands and doctor visits. I want to help with the bills AND be able to continue staying at home. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with online work? (There are millions of sites advertised.) I have found a company that sets up a web site for you that allows you to get paid each time someone uses your site to link to their companies. These are well known insurance company names that give quotes and the other is travelocity. Sounds almost too good to be true, but systematically sounds reasonable. One time fee of $280 with no monthly charges and unlimited access to their assistance. I enjoy typing and tend to be a night owl. I would also be interested in typing documents for the courthouse. Anyone out there have any words of wisdom?
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#2New Post! Sep 02, 2009 @ 17:21:18
I work from home, but its not like a job that I dont know, its just like working from an office but from home. Its a propper job.. but from home..
zmonique2007 On December 28, 2009

las vegas, Nevada
#3New Post! Sep 10, 2009 @ 15:04:00
I work from home and i loved it because through this job I'm earning money at the same time took care of my daughter.
nastyaks On October 31, 2011

Moscow, Russia
#4New Post! Sep 14, 2009 @ 18:09:24
It is so bore to work from home becouse we dont meet different people
jonblaze On May 11, 2011

Tulsa, United States (general)
#5New Post! Sep 14, 2009 @ 18:24:00
More and more companies are letting people work from home because the overhead is cheaper on them. My company is one of them. The website your describing sounds iffy at best.
but then again I can see through the cyberBS, It maybe a legit deal (I'm in no way in saying its a scam, just be careful giving money to something like that). I have seen stuff for document processing via the net, usually its from a real company that you apply for and they send everything to you over the web.

best piece of advise is to research it before you decide to do it.
gomez09 On October 14, 2009

Pasig City, Philippines
#6New Post! Oct 14, 2009 @ 23:09:51
i got freelance job and its cool
PaNda On January 28, 2010
is Mysteria!

Deleted

, Texas
#7New Post! Oct 14, 2009 @ 23:28:00
I'd love to find a legitimate online job, but I have no idea where to start. Any ideas? I met a girl long ago who said she did some online work but when I asked her what it was, she wouldn't tell me. Maybe it was someone she knew.
daniela27 On October 22, 2009

Pasig City, Philippines
#8New Post! Oct 21, 2009 @ 01:19:24
I do have a online job from home. For me its good working at home. You set your time and save money and effort. The bad thing is working online is not a stable job. But making money online is not that easy, hard work and sometimes you take the risk.
ReaperW On November 10, 2009

Dorset, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Oct 23, 2009 @ 07:44:30
I work as a webdesigner, and most of my salesteam work from home.

We dont guarantee alot of money to be earnt, it all depends on what you put in. One guy didnt put any time in, and was suprised to see he didnt earn anything. the other person puts alot of effort in, and gets himself ?1000 a week.

Karl
NickoBorgir On November 18, 2009

Deleted

Melbourne, Australia
#10New Post! Oct 23, 2009 @ 08:01:10
I would love to be able to work from home. And be able to make my own hours, as I'm going back to school next year full time. But I'll still need money. What do you guys do that work from home? And how easy is it to get started?

(wow, that's about as serious as I think I've been on here so far)
ReaperW On November 10, 2009

Dorset, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Oct 25, 2009 @ 20:53:35
Hi NickoBorgir,

I can only give abit of advice as to what my current sales guys are doing, and how hard it was for them.

There was no startup fee, they cover their homephone, and as long as they are good enough at what they do, they make plenty back. It all depends on how confident you are at selling, i, myself am not that good at it, but there are plenty of people that are willing to sit on a phone all day calling potential customers.

So what i would say, if you are confident/experienced in sales, then give it a shot. If not, then you need to look for another set of online work.

Karl
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs