Forums:
Random

Are there no honest people left?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
kaydoh On December 19, 2011

nottingham, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Nov 20, 2009 @ 00:22:33
Having spent ages deciding on my future path in life, I have finally come up with my plan. Part A is to move the hell out of where I'm living now. I know where I want to live, I know how much I can spend on renting a property, so the fun bit should be looking for a new place right?

WRONG. In a very half hearted first attempt I put some details online regarding the type of property etc that I wanted. I got loads of replies within hours. At a first glance most seemed genuine, however after a bit of probing all but one reply proved to be just a scam, where ultimatly they would be expecting me to part with a deposit as a good will gesture then run like f*** with my cash. It's almost kinda fun now cos they don't realize that I am onto them so I'm just kinda going along with the crap they are mailing me. On the other hand though it's kinda sad because this scam obviously works on some folks and very little seems to be done about it!

I just wish folks could be honest!
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Nov 20, 2009 @ 00:33:33
I think it's the internet, it attracts scammers, the lack of face to face interaction is less likely to arouse guilt I reckon.

Can you go on trusted rental sites for places in the area you are looking at?

#3New Post! Nov 20, 2009 @ 00:39:33
@jmo Said

I think it's the internet, it attracts scammers, the lack of face to face interaction is less likely to arouse guilt I reckon.

Can you go on trusted rental sites for places in the area you are looking at?

You mean like agency websites?. I have visited a few but the fee's are high. I would sooner deal privatly with a landlord, might not have that option though
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Nov 20, 2009 @ 00:41:04
Maybe there is a service which has a list of trusted landlords.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#5New Post! Nov 20, 2009 @ 00:44:32
Good luck - they're hard to find, but there are honest people out there. Thanks for reminding me, I want to go on Craig's List and check the site out!

#6New Post! Nov 20, 2009 @ 00:49:24
@DuLu Said

Good luck - they're hard to find, but there are honest people out there. Thanks for reminding me, I want to go on Craig's List and check the site out!

Be warned. I'm told there are lots of scammers on there too
Karma_Junkie On September 18, 2011
Miss Dizzy Bastard

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Nov 20, 2009 @ 00:56:46
@kaydoh Said

Be warned. I'm told there are lots of scammers on there too

If you go to your local housing authority they can give you a list of reputable agencies, most councils offer this service and it costs nothing, I hope you get sorted out soon
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs