The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Are the Roman Catholic Church just being Biggots?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#1New Post! Jan 25, 2007 @ 09:59:23
There is a debate ongoing with the British government regarding plans to withdraw funding from adoption agencies who refuse to consider same sex couples as adoptive parents.

One Minister, Ruth Kelly is said to be close to considering resigning over the issue as she is a devout Roman Catholic.

I try to be a Christian and am a practicing Roman Catholic but I just don't see this homophobic stance by churches being something that Jesus Christ would have been comfortable with.

Jesus showed himself to be a person who loved everyone and I cannot see anywhere where Jesus condemed anyone for loving someone of the same sex.

Maybe people who have such a homophobic belief would be better out of government. WHat do you think?
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#2New Post! Jan 25, 2007 @ 10:09:33
Yes Ben mate i agree, out of the government and the country.. go to 1942 Nazi germany and join the rest of the biggots...

Theres this smell in the government i have smelt for a long time and its to do with not religion as such but there own emotions and how they "feel" people should run there lives.. not how we want to run our lives..

These people are the people that have caused the labour governmetn from the start a multiply of problems.. and Ryth Kelly wont be missed IMO.. in fact she has been a major concern to alot of back benchers.

The church no offense ben, has shown its Ugly head now.. One min. saying its ok to have gay people but with the other hand basicly saying gay couples cant have children.. If they dont move with the times people will walk.. In 50years time there will be 10% catholics and christians, 40% Islam and the rest non religious.
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#3New Post! Jan 25, 2007 @ 10:28:14
I agree 100% with you Mark and are not at all offended by what you said. I really struggle with the biggots within my Church. The problem is the biggots are the most powerful people within the church and because of how the church structure is designed the biggots are those who have the power to select the next leaders and they are always sure to pick like minded biggots.

I know many great people within the church who threw in the towel and their clerical collar they were so frustrated by the inability to change anything from within. Maybe it will take the attendance and money to dry up before they will realise that they are wrong.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#4New Post! Jan 25, 2007 @ 10:56:51
Yep Ben thats whats happening at the moment.. not off the cuff of this but off the cuff of people sick of the small mindedness... alot of people love the idea of Jesus saving people for there sins etc. but hate the dictation of how to live there lives. The church really needs to move with the times, or go the way of 1945..
taylerz On March 16, 2008

bristol, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jan 25, 2007 @ 11:48:11
of course the roman catholic church are being biggots,its what they and most organised religions excel at.
dragonwars On July 30, 2009

Wellington, New Zealand
#6New Post! Jan 25, 2007 @ 11:51:47
They may be bigots however if the government removes funding from them it will be the children that suffer not the church.
Erlend On July 29, 2009

Deleted

Troms?, Norway
#7New Post! Jan 25, 2007 @ 11:54:53
@markfox01 Said
Theres this smell i have smelt for a long time

bristol, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jan 25, 2007 @ 11:56:22
@dragonwars Said
They may be bigots however if the government removes funding from them it will be the children that suffer not the church.

your right the kids will suffer,but its the church prompting this.in any other walk of life if any organisation promoted some of the same views and prejudices as the church(religion)they would be in court fighting a losing battle so fast their feet would not touch the floor.

its time religion in general woke up and realised the year is 2007 not 207

Wellington, New Zealand
#9New Post! Jan 25, 2007 @ 12:00:22
@taylerz Said
your right the kids will suffer,but its the church prompting this.in any other walk of life if any organisation promoted some of the same views and prejudices as the church(religion)they would be in court fighting a losing battle so fast their feet would not touch the floor.

its time religion in general woke up and realised the year is 2007 not 207

If it was 207 there wouldn't be a problem they would have no power as no one would have read the bible yet.

bristol, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jan 25, 2007 @ 12:05:27
@dragonwars Said
If it was 207 there wouldn't be a problem they would have no power as no one would have read the bible yet.

you will notice i said religion(not the church),the bible is just one section of religion.most if not all religion has little to no relevance in todays society.like anything else on the planet if they cant learn to evolve or adapt it becomes extinct.

Wellington, New Zealand
#11New Post! Jan 25, 2007 @ 12:11:19
@taylerz Said
you will notice i said religion(not the church),the bible is just one section of religion.most if not all religion has little to no relevance in todays society.like anything else on the planet if they cant learn to evolve or adapt it becomes extinct.

It is unlikely to become extinct in the near future, about 20% of people are atheist at most it will be many many more years before they are a majority...religion does appear to be evolving, at the end of the day I hope it can simply become that some people believe in a creator or gods and some don't but they are essentially the same except for a couple of holidays that people of certain religions may follow more...
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#12New Post! Jan 25, 2007 @ 13:51:06
Great topic!!

The Roman Catholic Church...i.e. a bunch of single males with a poor reputation when it comes to children (mostly boys)...concerned over homozexuals adopting children

I guess they want to keep them all for themselves

bristol, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Jan 25, 2007 @ 16:25:33
@insanity_clause Said
how can anyone say they belong to the catholic church and then say i dont believe in the way gay people are treated by that church its like a nazi saying im not sure about the final solution.
by attending a catholic church you are agreeing with its views and perpetuating the views you say you disagree with.

you know he is has a very valid point.

this whole situation is obviously the church trying to blackmail goverment in making laws,and making homosexuals second class citizens at the same time.

they seem really nice people.

as long as religion stays out of politics,law and science i will respect them.

and to another poster how are the church being tolerant towards homosexuals.their condemning this particular section of society in the same way as they do pro choicers.by restricting their rights.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs