Forums:
Technology & Internet

Apple Account Lock

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Ashtreyu On January 06, 2020

Granbury, Texas
#1New Post! Jan 06, 2020 @ 04:25:24
Hey guys, so my mom got a apple ipad (32 gig a10 fusion chip, model number A1822)
from a coworker because apparently her son went to jail and blah blah blah. we cant get ahold of the son and my moms not in contact with the lady that gave it to her. and no my mom didnt steal the thing -.- she said she helped the lady move her stuff out of the office when she got a new job. so alls fair in love and war right? anyway! I cant take the account lock off of the ipad and ive tried multiple ways it keeps telling me that I need his apple id and password and I hate digging thru peoples stuff, it makes my hands feel yucky, so please help so I can avoid all that yucky-ness? please please? ive been at this for about an hour and my brain sounds like nasty pianos. apples security is no joke
(big frown)
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Jan 06, 2020 @ 12:39:35
@Ashtreyu Said

Hey guys, so my mom got a apple ipad (32 gig a10 fusion chip, model number A1822)
from a coworker because apparently her son went to jail and blah blah blah. we cant get ahold of the son and my moms not in contact with the lady that gave it to her. and no my mom didnt steal the thing -.- she said she helped the lady move her stuff out of the office when she got a new job. so alls fair in love and war right? anyway! I cant take the account lock off of the ipad and ive tried multiple ways it keeps telling me that I need his apple id and password and I hate digging thru peoples stuff, it makes my hands feel yucky, so please help so I can avoid all that yucky-ness? please please? ive been at this for about an hour and my brain sounds like nasty pianos. apples security is no joke
(big frown)

Can you do a system reset to factory defaults on it?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Jan 06, 2020 @ 17:21:20
@Ashtreyu Said

...apple ipad ...it keeps telling me that I need his apple id and password...

Do you have access to any of his other devices? iPhone? Laptop?

> The "apple id" will likely be the same on all of his devices.

Also, if you can access one of his other devices, it is possible that you will be able to access his email.

So:

1. On his computer (if he has one) You can check his "keychain" for passwords.

2. Or you can check his emails from the Apple store, which might list his Apple id.
and/or

3. OR
> Go to: https://www.apple.com/shop/browse/account/home
> Click on "Apple ID and password"
> You will get a drop down message that asks "Do you want to sign in to store.apple.com with your Apple ID "JohnDoe @email. com"?
> So now you have his Apple ID and potentially the email address he uses to reset his password.

>> So, if you can access his email account via his computer you can then attempt to reset the password via email (or cellphone if you can access that).

Also, if you can access his cell phone or computer: People often have poor computer security practices... look for a document or spreadsheet that is titled "passwords", "computer access", "accounts", etc... as many people keep a list of their various accounts, passwords & IDs.....

Hey... you might even get lucky and get access to his bank accounts or various internet sites... then the real fun begins.

Note: That last comment was a joke. Don't access his bank account or internet sites...

....unless he is super rich... Just kidding.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs