Anyone effected by the bad weather?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Dec 27, 2012 @ 18:43:09
I hear its pretty hard in some parts of the US at the moment. One of my Doctors at work had a call from family in Chicago saying it was very bad even for Chicago.

Its reported that New York State is due a very heavy and sudden snowfall today.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#2New Post! Dec 27, 2012 @ 19:01:33
We had no snow up until the 22nd, then finally had a little, but last night, winter is now here.

This is what's currently happening in Canada
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Dec 27, 2012 @ 19:08:14
@Dark_Tink Said

We had no snow up until the 22nd, then finally had a little, but last night, winter is now here.

This is what's currently happening in Canada

eep! is that your car under there?
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Dec 27, 2012 @ 19:10:29
several years ago I flew over Canada in December and it was just white, everything was white. Like Greenland.
Drgnfly83 On September 02, 2014

, Virginia
#5New Post! Dec 27, 2012 @ 19:10:52
I didn't go into work yesterday, in VA....because of the ice, snow and rain wintery weather mix. It is just windy and cold out there today. Will be getting more come Saturday...JOY (NOT)
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#6New Post! Dec 27, 2012 @ 19:11:28
@treebee Said

eep! is that your car under there?

Yes it is.
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#7New Post! Dec 27, 2012 @ 19:13:39
@treebee Said

several years ago I flew over Canada in December and it was just white, everything was white. Like Greenland.

It's gorgeous here in the winter. It's just a pain in the a** to shovel.

Then you have some morons driving that seem to forget that we get snow in the winter. EVERY WINTER. It's Canada, what the hell did you expect to happen here??
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Dec 27, 2012 @ 19:13:45
@Drgnfly83 Said

I didn't go into work yesterday, in VA....because of the ice, snow and rain wintery weather mix. It is just windy and cold out there today. Will be getting more come Saturday...JOY (NOT)

I hear its pretty bad in the south and east, I hope you dont get snowed in.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Dec 27, 2012 @ 19:14:38
@Dark_Tink Said

It's gorgeous here in the winter. It's just a pain in the a** to shovel.

Then you have some morons driving that seem to forget that we get snow in the winter. EVERY WINTER. It's Canada, what the hell did you expect to happen here??

Do the police stop you if you do not have chains on and fine you?
Drgnfly83 On September 02, 2014

, Virginia
#10New Post! Dec 27, 2012 @ 19:14:54
@treebee Said

I hear its pretty bad in the south and east, I hope you dont get snowed in.

We had it really bad a few years back. Called it snowmagedon. Haha. We were snowed in for DAYSSSSSS.....it was horrid.

I am hoping we don't have that bad of a winter this year. And thanks!
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#11New Post! Dec 27, 2012 @ 19:16:21
I am literally in the middle of the blizzard and police are advising no one to be on the roads and the police are out in full force. I have heard sirens all day. We are getting about 25cm today. The wind sounds like it going to break my windows.

Parts of Quebec are getting 45 cm.

Its so cold.

I look out my window now and can't make anything out, that is how bad the snow drifts are right now.

, Canada
#12New Post! Dec 27, 2012 @ 19:18:00
@treebee Said

I am not exaggerating, it dips to -40 or even lower to -45 with wind chill. Sometimes the snow is piled as high as the stop sign so you can't even know a stop sign is there. No sidewalks either so good luck to anyone trying to walk. We have parking laws like you need to switch sides you part on at certain times for the plow to pass etc. Its a mess today. My cockles are so cold.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Dec 27, 2012 @ 19:19:45
@DorkySupergirl Said

I am literally in the middle of the blizzard and police are advising no one to be on the roads and the police are out in full force. I have heard sirens all day. We are getting about 25cm today. The wind sounds like it going to break my windows.

Parts of Quebec are getting 45 cm.

Its so cold.

I look out my window now and can't make anything out, that is how bad the snow drifts are right now.

I hope you have lots of canned food. Is your electricity ok in a storm?
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#14New Post! Dec 27, 2012 @ 19:22:11
We'd had no snow at all since last Halloween, then it snowed Christmas Eve (our first White Christmas in longer than anybody can actually remember!), then again yesterday. We got some ice yesterday along with it. Supposed to get some more snow Saturday.

I love it

, Canada
#15New Post! Dec 27, 2012 @ 19:25:19
@treebee Said

I hope you have lots of canned food. Is your electricity ok in a storm?

Yes, I have an emergency kit just in case. Its odd you know but we really are used to it because it happens so often here. Some areas not used to this have had to call in military to shovel them out etc but we are so used to it that we just do business as usual. I had to do errands today so I woke up early and managed to get out before it really started badly.

The problem is that some people try to be cheap and not get proper snow or studded tires and they are a need here and people also drive all f***ing crazy in a blizzard, speeding and getting impatient that others are driving slow and doing stupid s*** and getting into accidents. But alas, Max will not be going out in this today so he will be using the cat box. I kid you not, he has learned to use cat box when it tool cold our bad storm out.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs