Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#1New Post! Oct 03, 2009 @ 17:08:56
Does anyone have any regrets for thier behaviour, or rather lack of, for past things?

..I had a good friend who was taken from me in a car accident at a very young age.
Although he knew he was a friend, and how I felt, (well I'm assuming that part really), still, if I could go back in time, I'd have been more verbal with him..would have given lots of hugs and that sort of thing..

I was, however, able to say all the feelings of my heart with my mother, in the last year of her life, while she was on her death bed..
Iam so greatful for the foreknowlege of that, so that I could do so, (who would have thought?! )..

It really helped give me closure; and a sense of peace, comfort, and contentment, in knowing I said all of my "I love you's" that I wanted to say, and got to ask her the questions that I knew only she could answer..

I miss her terribly; but I have good, warm, memories to keep me company..
and I know, that in time, we will be together again..

I only wish I had the chance to do the same with Jim..

I've kept his spirit alive in my poetry; and not a day has gone by since, when I don't think of him at least once..

...Any of you have any thoughts to share?
whisper On December 30, 2009

swansea, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Oct 03, 2009 @ 17:11:50
I too lost someone..my sister Rachel.Taken at 7 years old in a horsing accident where she broke her neck.
I regret all the rows we used to have and the things I was jealous of....I am gonna stop now, getting a tad emotional but you get the jist.xx
xTeddyx On April 30, 2012
Teddy Hugs

On my mind, Georgia
#3New Post! Oct 03, 2009 @ 17:12:17
I think we all have regrets, especially when it comes to family and close friends. I try to give my family the love and attention that they deserve and same with my friends. I would like to think that when the day comes that I dont have lets say my parents or one of them that I can say I have no regrets but I think that I will. The reason being is there are times when we are all selfish with our time and I am afraid I am going to regret that and other things in life as well.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Oct 03, 2009 @ 17:15:44
I have a general philosophy of no regrets. Not to say I wouldn't do things differently if I had the chance, but I've accepted what has happened has happened and dwelling on things too much just gets me down.

There is only really one thing I could say I regret. Even though I know it's too late, and going over it will make no difference, if anything it's stopping me from getting over it, but I can't help but regret it.
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#5New Post! Oct 03, 2009 @ 17:21:28
@xTeddyx Said

I think we all have regrets, especially when it comes to family and close friends. I try to give my family the love and attention that they deserve and same with my friends. I would like to think that when the day comes that I dont have lets say my parents or one of them that I can say I have no regrets but I think that I will. The reason being is there are times when we are all selfish with our time and I am afraid I am going to regret that and other things in life as well.

But that's the great thing Teddy; they are still "here", so you can tell them how you feel, that you would love to spend more time with them, and wish you had the time...to give them the opportunity to tell you they understand, but love you anyway...and that kind of thing.

Believe me, it helps sooo much, "come the time".
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#6New Post! Oct 03, 2009 @ 17:23:24
@jmo Said

I have a general philosophy of no regrets. Not to say I wouldn't do things differently if I had the chance, but I've accepted what has happened has happened and dwelling on things too much just gets me down.

There is only really one thing I could say I regret. Even though I know it's too late, and going over it will make no difference, if anything it's stopping me from getting over it, but I can't help but regret it.

Good philosophy jmo; I generally feel the same..

As for whatever the regret is, you have learned from that experience, and hopefully, it will make a difference in your future choices.. - so you do win, sort of.
Teddy Hugs

On my mind, Georgia
#7New Post! Oct 03, 2009 @ 17:25:03
@loveis Said

But that's the great thing Teddy; they are still "here", so you can tell them how you feel, that you would love to spend more time with them, and wish you had the time...to give them the opportunity to tell you they understand, but love you anyway...and that kind of thing.

Believe me, it helps sooo much, "come the time".

Yes you are 100 percent right. I need to do exactly that. I do spend a lot of time with them, I just think I could do more and am worried that some day I will say why didnt I?
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Oct 03, 2009 @ 17:27:32
I try not to have any regrets but it's difficult sometimes. I tend to speak without thinking or phrase things in such a way as to offend, when that is not my intention. I suppose a lot of it doesn't matter, but the little things do get me down a lot.
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#9New Post! Oct 03, 2009 @ 17:27:45
It'll never change, but I do regret it.
Daddy had a heart attack after mowing the lawn, he was doing fine and the drs. said to go. He was going to visit my grandmother that day, I thought she should be told in person, my grandfather had just died. When we got home, Daddy was gone and Mama was alone at the hospital.
He was only 68 and I'll miss him forever. Mama was never the same. Why did I leave?
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#10New Post! Oct 03, 2009 @ 17:27:56
@xTeddyx Said

Yes you are 100 percent right. I need to do exactly that. I do spend a lot of time with them, I just think I could do more and am worried that some day I will say why didnt I?

Just the fact that it bothers you enough to be on your mind, is proof you have to get it out of your system..

Just "do" it..and "do it often "!! - you will be so glad you did..please trust me on this.
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#11New Post! Oct 03, 2009 @ 17:29:25
@sister_of_mercy Said

I try not to have any regrets but it's difficult sometimes. I tend to speak without thinking or phrase things in such a way as to offend, when that is not my intention. I suppose a lot of it doesn't matter, but the little things do get me down a lot.

Your solution is simple; just stop and count to 10 mentally, before opening your mouth. - really, you'd be surprised!
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Oct 03, 2009 @ 17:30:44
@loveis Said

Your solution is simple; just stop and count to 10 mentally, before opening your mouth. - really, you'd be surprised!

Yeah, I should probably condition myself into doing that, would save an awful lot of bother!
Teddy Hugs

On my mind, Georgia
#13New Post! Oct 03, 2009 @ 17:31:18
@loveis Said

This is one I have also had to learn to do and it does work surprisingly well!
sweetheart5545 On November 06, 2013

, Florida
#14New Post! Oct 03, 2009 @ 17:34:49
I lost my grandma my mom's mom when I was just a little girl,I wish I could have not been so mean to her and always argued with her,I did love her and still do,I wish she could still be alive.
hope On March 17, 2015

haifa, Israel
#15New Post! Oct 03, 2009 @ 17:37:16
Yeah i do regret doing things , but it all in the past. Behind everything happpen there is a lesson to learn.

Sometimes when i look back , i fel grateful for making a mistakes , because i wouldn't have learned if i didn't.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs