The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Anti-science groups combining force- with an eye towards schools.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#1New Post! Mar 09, 2010 @ 00:38:00
Oh boy. Here we go yet again.
"The linkage of evolution and global warming is partly a legal strategy: courts have found that singling out evolution for criticism in public schools is a violation of the separation of church and state. By insisting that global warming also be debated, deniers of evolution can argue that they are simply championing academic freedom in general."
https://motherjones.com/blue-marble/2010/03/science-foes-join-forces
tantan On May 21, 2011

Jacksonville, Florida
#2New Post! Mar 09, 2010 @ 00:42:31
People need to understand that climate change/Global Warming is a FACT..and evolution is a THEORY.

They are seperate, let's keep them that way.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#3New Post! Mar 09, 2010 @ 00:49:21
Home school's lookin better and better every day...
tantan On May 21, 2011

Jacksonville, Florida
#4New Post! Mar 09, 2010 @ 01:17:44
@someone_else Said

True that.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#5New Post! Mar 09, 2010 @ 02:00:55
@someone_else Said

Depends. Wonder what the percentage of home schooled get evolution (which is fact not theory- you can argue about how evolution has created new species and what comes next in line- which are theories but the science behind species adaptation and evolution is solidly fact) or get creationism.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#6New Post! Mar 09, 2010 @ 02:04:46
@shinobinoz Said

Depends. Wonder what the percentage of home schooled get evolution (which is fact not theory- you can argue about how evolution has created new species and what comes next in line- which are theories but the science behind species adaptation and evolution is solidly fact) or get creationism.

I'd say that most get creation with evolution of species after the fact. Instead of 'evolution as origin'. Creation and evolution don't cancel each other out completely.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#7New Post! Mar 09, 2010 @ 05:32:59
@someone_else Said

I'd say that most get creation with evolution of species after the fact. Instead of 'evolution as origin'. Creation and evolution don't cancel each other out completely.

God created evolution ennit?
Not a dude.

Deleted

#8New Post! Mar 09, 2010 @ 15:47:40
@shinobinoz Said

God created evolution ennit?

ennit....is that an English/American word? I see you say it all the time but I don't know what it means.

I didn't have time to explain yesterday, so I'll do that now.

I, personally believe that things were created and then 'adapted'. The adaption process is evolution and I'm not denying that. However, I don't think that one animal changed into something different (i.e. dinosaurs into birds). Every living thing is made out of roughly the same 'stuff' (I'm not a scientist so I'm not sure what to call it) just in different patterns. Yes, people are going to find that they're similar, but not the same.

Let's use dogs for an example. Dogs are dogs. They are not cats or bears, etc. There are a multitude of dog breeds but they are all the same species. They have been 'bred' into differnt dogs, but they are all dogs .

I hope that explained...It's kinda early for me and I have a short attention span anyway...
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#9New Post! Mar 09, 2010 @ 19:18:29
@someone_else Said

ennit....is that an English/American word? I see you say it all the time but I don't know what it means.

I didn't have time to explain yesterday, so I'll do that now.

I, personally believe that things were created and then 'adapted'. The adaption process is evolution and I'm not denying that. However, I don't think that one animal changed into something different (i.e. dinosaurs into birds). Every living thing is made out of roughly the same 'stuff' (I'm not a scientist so I'm not sure what to call it) just in different patterns. Yes, people are going to find that they're similar, but not the same.

Let's use dogs for an example. Dogs are dogs. They are not cats or bears, etc. There are a multitude of dog breeds but they are all the same species. They have been 'bred' into differnt dogs, but they are all dogs .

I hope that explained...It's kinda early for me and I have a short attention span anyway...

Ennit is really just spoken. Some First Nations use like "right?" "no?"

Dinosaurs most likely did turn into birds. The reptilian evidence in Aves is just too strong.

Dogs are dogs are coyotes are wolves are dingos are....see where this is headed?
Barbarella On April 11, 2010

Banned

, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Mar 09, 2010 @ 19:34:12
Evolution is a theory built on study of species records - the records are fact, but the theory is not, and therefore should be open for debate freely anywhere.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#11New Post! Mar 09, 2010 @ 19:45:59
@shinobinoz Said

Ennit is really just spoken. Some First Nations use like "right?" "no?"

Dinosaurs most likely did turn into birds. The reptilian evidence in Aves is just too strong.

Dogs are dogs are coyotes are wolves are dingos are....see where this is headed?

I do see where you're headed. The dinosaur/bird thing is largely debatable so lets stick with dogs.

My point was that all those things are still dogs. They are not something inherently different, like fish or cats or horses. Dogs did not become horses did they? The evolution occurs within a species but I don't see any evidence of it crossing species.
Rec On May 13, 2010

Deleted
Banned

Bartow, Florida
#12New Post! Mar 09, 2010 @ 19:50:28
@someone_else Said

I do see where you're headed. The dinosaur/bird thing is largely debatable so lets stick with dogs.

My point was that all those things are still dogs. They are not something inherently different, like fish or cats or horses. Dogs did not become horses did they? The evolution occurs within a species but I don't see any evidence of it crossing species.

There are no transitory specimens, evolution is a viable theory within the species only> Anything else is just a theory.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#13New Post! Mar 09, 2010 @ 19:51:28
@Rec Said

There are no transitory specimens, evolution is a viable theory within the species only> Anything else is just a theory.

Is that what I said?
Rec On May 13, 2010

Deleted
Banned

Bartow, Florida
#14New Post! Mar 09, 2010 @ 19:58:43
@someone_else Said

Is that what I said?

If we live in a rational world and there is no way to observe the beginning of life, nor any record of it, then we start from now and work backwards until the records end. There is no ape to man, bird from dinasour, dog to horse, only in a scientific supposition that is not proof only conjecture from givens that are scanty and sparse.

As for the DNA etc. etc. that speaks only to the organic makeup of life not to the distinctions in the intangible parts or the knowledge of the same. A human or animal makeup is more than just DNA and cells,,,,,the whole has to be regarded, and the parts as part of the whole, or it becomes irrational or partial knowledge.
There is more to tangible and intangible than man can dream! JMO
Not a dude.

Deleted

#15New Post! Mar 09, 2010 @ 20:00:29
@Rec Said

If we live in a rational world and there is no way to observe the beginning of life, nor any record of it, then we start from now and work backwards until the records end. There is no ape to man, bird from dinasour, dog to horse, only in a scientific supposition that is not proof only conjecture from givens that are scanty and sparse.

As for the DNA etc. etc. that speaks only to the organic makeup of life not to the distinctions in the intangible parts or the knowledge of the same. A human or animal makeup is more than just DNA and cells,,,,,the whole has to be regarded, and the parts as part of the whole, or it becomes irrational or partial knowledge.
There is more to tangible and intangible than man can dream! JMO

Thank you. That sounds like what I meant, only smarter.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs